• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokéscum Mafia: The First Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

The Altruist
Ok I finally finished reading all of the pages that I missed out on. To begin, I will first start off with either questions directed to me or posts I caught my interest.

Heroine of Time said:
Just wondering, what exactly did I say that made you think I was the Lightning Rod? All I did was panic over my essay. You seem to be pulling this out of nowhere.

To be honest, my main reasoning behind that statement was because it just so happened you responded near the end for the first during that day. Now I do understand that you may have some real-life situations to take care of but I find it always interesting that you always tend to respond for the first in a day when said day is about to end. It's not much to look at, but timing is everything. Should you have responding say even a few hours earlier, I probably would have never made that statement of mine.

Why? Almost every time someone brings up suspicion of me, I respond to most of their reasonings, but nobody ever responds to me. I know I helped kill the doctor, but I'm not the only one. Rep (confirmed town) and Fused were also on that lynch. I know that it was a bad role to lose, but I didn't know her role or alignment, and neither did the mafia (most likely. I doubt they used their rolecop night one). There were just no better alternatives.
Want me to say my alignment? I'm town. I know you probably won't take my word for it, but I'm throwing it out there.

Anyways, does anyone have anything to say on my post concerning Thar's softclaim?

This is post is raising some flags to me. The main reason is due to the fact that Deku is saying he doubts that the mafia would use their rolecop on the first night, which is a huge (and I mean huge) role for the mafia to have. Take a look at Members vs Mods Mafia. The rolecop was probably the biggest reason why the town had a huge problem for 3/4 of the game since not only did they have a source to find out a person's alignment but they were given the result on that exact night as well before they can even decide on who to kill. Personally I think Mezlo would want to balance the roles even when it comes to a role madness game. To say that the mafia won't use one of the strongest roles in their possession is very interesting to say the least. You might as well say that the doctor shouldn't use his/her role just because it was night one. It's only you know the one role that appears in every game to help protect the town from a kill. No big deal. You also seem to forget that Stitch said so himself that the mafia did in fact targeted him earlier so I'm willing to trust on Stitch's word than yours since you are making it sound like a role wasn't used just because it was night one.

Interesting enough it seems Pokalink was indeed mafia, specifically the rolecop, and I am one who is extremely glad that the Vig took him out since I just knew he would do the same crap he did in SSB mafia with people just agreeing to vague reasons.

As for the JC softclaiming as the mafia role blocker, I highly doubt it. For starters, he's not an idiot and if he really wants to, he could easily analysis extremely well much like how Fused has been doing throughout this game (look at SSB and Members vs Mods for references). If anything he's mostly like the other mason because of this post:

Justac00lguy said:
Also, hi Rep.

It's not like Repentance just joined the game as both of them were from the start of the game. Why would JC just randomly say hello to another player half way during Day 3 when it would make more sense to have stated that during Day 1? Considering the fact that JC also said if anyone got his softclaim makes me further to believe he is the other mason.

So it seems Thar claimed to be a Cultist. This is very interesting indeed. While I understand the reasonings behind Thar's lynch, I say we should keep him and let the mafia decided what to do with him. Personally I will always lynching mafia over 3rd-party simply because mafia holds more weight and thus is much more satisfying when they are killed. I have suspicions on several players but because of what I saw, I'm going to go with my gut.

Vote: Dekunut

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Hmm. I just had a thought. If we take a look at the final Day 1 Vote Tally ~~

Thareous (1) – A Link In Time
Goomboo (7) – Thareous, Sadia, fused_shadows, justac00lguy, Kokirion, Repentance, Fig
Kokirion (1) – PokaLink
fused_shadows (5) – Deku Shroom, musicfan, Heroine of Time, goomboo, DekuNut
Deku Shroom (1) – Blackkirby
Blackkirby (1) – Stitch
Stitch (1) – Peachy/Avagon
Repentance (1) – 43ForceGems/Lady of the Leaves
Heroine of Time (1) – LittleGumball
PokaLink (1) – Pendio

Not voting – Celeboy

We'd find that the entire goomboo lynch is practically all Townies, the only unconfirmed would be Thar, Fig, and myself (HAPPY THAREOUS?). Thar, of course, has claimed cult member, so if he's telling the truth, he was a Townie during Day 1. Fig, as I've mentioned a few times, is almost impossible to be scum based on Poka's actions. Thus, at this point he was also Town.

What does this tell us? A couple of things. First, it hints to us that the mafia likely didn't participate in the lynch; Poka, as you guys can see, was voting for Koki. Thus, I think it's possible that the other mafia members acted similarly to Poka, and voted for a random person. Two of the three that Pendio brought up fall into this category; Avagon and LotL (interestingly both being replacements). Furthermore, they are both voting for Townies to the Mafia, Stitch and Rep, respectively.

It also tells us that this theory is clearly incorrect:

Fused also avoided a lynch day 1, and it was a little bit late on the day to have been saved for me to not at least have my interest peaked. I agree with what Pendio says on the matter: "As we can clearly see, goomboo and fused were the two players with the most votes, and goomboo did only have a few votes more on him than fused did. Now, looking back at basically any past Mafia game, lynching scum on day 1 is virtually an impossibility simply because of how easily the Mafia is able to make "random" votes for Townies and even in some cases manipulate the voting of other players on the first day. My point is that fused could very possibly be a Mafioso who was very close to getting lynched, but since the Mafia could save him, they did (by voting for gomboo or by making other players vote for goomboo)." (page 24 for reference). The underlined portion basically states what I had in mind. Fused was gonna get lynched, and then out of the blue all of these votes go on Goomboo with the justification of "hey, he's inexperienced and we gotta keep Fused", but again, roles change game to game. You could be saving a skilled town, but also a skilled mafia, so I don't think it's really justifiable as an excuse to some people and I feel as if there was some more going on there behind the scenes.

Thus, if anyone still holds suspicions on me based on this theory, I recommend you re-think things.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
As for the JC softclaiming as the mafia role blocker, I highly doubt it. For starters, he's not an idiot and if he really wants to, he could easily analysis extremely well much like how Fused has been doing throughout this game (look at SSB and Members vs Mods for references). If anything he's mostly like the other mason because of this post:

It's not like Repentance just joined the game as both of them were from the start of the game. Why would JC just randomly say hello to another player half way during Day 3 when it would make more sense to have stated that during Day 1? Considering the fact that JC also said if anyone got his softclaim makes me further to believe he is the other mason.

Just to clear it up, JC did say that the mafia claim was a joke and has come out as the mason.

EBWODP:@Fused, I have stated before that I find it folly for a mafioso to be on both town aligned lynches. Impossible? No. So I don't completely trust you. But, you have been quite active, which is helpful, and regardless of your alignment, if you post a lot, we can find inconsistencies or use that information later. The same can't be said for those posting very little, like Heroine, ALiT, Celeboy, and Avagon. Of course, with 3 remaining mafia, not all of them can be anti-town.

Since you're looking at me, too, I'll say this- I have no idea why 43Force voted for Rep on the first day, or Stitch the second. He left me nothing to work with. I can say this though- the mafia didn't accept someone as sickly as me *koff-wheeze* and my personality is too poisonous to have any real friends. I don't remember if we reached our limit for role-claims, so I will just say that, if you want proof, if we don't lynch Thareous today, I was planning to target him tonight, though he won't die until the night after. Other than him, I can't think of anyone I want to use my power on, since I don't want to hit a townie, which pretty much makes me feel like a vanilla at this point, so if my death will be helpful to the town, then so be it.

Last edited:

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Alright, guys, I’m sold on a lynch candidate for today. I think we should lynch Avagon. I’ve mentioned him numerous times, and provided small evidence against him here and there. I had a post on his posts written up in a Word file from a few days ago, which I’ll post here in combination with links to other posts I’ve made about him to make my case:

---

First off, we have to remember that Mr. Avagon started the game out as Peachy. Peachy made 8 posts, 6 of which were Day 1 spam and the other two were apologizing for not posting. Either way you slice it, nothing much can be interpreted from their posts. Thus, we move on to Avagon's posts...

And we find he's made 3 posts. Total. (Editor’s Note: he’s added once since, which can be found at the bottom of page 38) In all three, he tries to explain his reasoning, but seems extremely unsure of himself (ex. when he says he's grasping at straws). This is relevant because as Pendio mentioned, if the mafia had role cop’d Stitch Night 1, and then noticed their failed attempt to kill him Night 2, it would make sense for them to come out Day 3 trying to get him lynched. Avagon does that, and it appears he tried to heavily emphasize the fact that it was just a gut feeling.

This here was his last post:

So I'm gonna keep this brief since it's like midnight and I'm tired as ****.

I'm still most suspicious of Stitch. I've already explained why in an earlier post... eh, kind of explained. A lot of my suspicion is a gut feeling, maybe. I don't know, I'm just not getting a good read from him. As for Fused and Rep, I don't find them all that suspicious, although I'm not completely opposed to either of their lynches.

It seems Fused is most likely to be lunched at the moment. Now based on the fact that Stitch is pretty eager to lynch Fused and Rep, if Fused turns up scum, then the probability that Stitch is scum decreases greatly. Also vice versa; if Stitch is somehow lynched today, or maybe tomorrow, and is scum, then I'd say both Rep and Fused are pretty clear. Also if Stitch is lynched and turns up scum, then I think we should take a greater look into the inactives. Stitch doesn't have any votes on him currently, so Vote: Stitch, I'm getting the **** to sleep now, bye

This post makes a whole lot of sense if he’s scum; by placing a vote on Stitch, he opened the gates to the lynch, one that he knew would be beneficial to the mafia.

Furthermore, he notes that he wouldn't be opposed to the lynch of Rep; Rep, of course, was Town. (I would have included myself in that, but then Thar would have said I'm def scum for saying I'm Town :dry:)
---

Here’s a post where I first brought up the Role-Cop-of-Stitch-Night-1-scenario:

Andddddd I just had another thought. The Mafia probably used their Role Cop the first night on Stitch; that's how they knew he was the Cult Leader, and also why they targeted him Night 2. Anyone else think it's possible they came out Day 3 trying to get him lynched?

IGMYOU: Avagon, Heroine

And here is Pendio post where he also discusses this theory:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49879&p=904003&viewfull=1#post904003

This post here shows that Avagon’s full intentions were to lynch Stitch, unlike mine:

Part of the reason I had for voting for Stitch was simply to tie up the vote count; I was, yet again, in danger of being lynched with less than three hours in the day. I needed to vote for somebody. My options, iirc, were Rep and Stitch. Rep had claimed (with no counter claim) Hitmonchan, which I was told would be a Town role. Thus, I wasn't going to vote for him. Stitch was my only chance at surviving the Day.

Heroine and Avagon, on the other hand, weren't in danger of being lynched. This means that their votes were 100% intended to lynch Stitch; they didn't have a different motive, like mine did, as explained above. This is why I am still suspicious of them, as well as the three that Pendio mentioned.

And lastly, here’s the post in which I reference Avagon’s Day 1 voting pattern, and why it could mean he’s scum:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49879&p=904148&viewfull=1#post904148

---

I'm not going to vote yet, however. I want to hear Avagon's suspicions and rebuttal first.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
fused_shadows;904077 The last cult member is in here. This is really as far as we can go with facts; from this point on all we’ve got in our thoughts. What I’m going to do is narrow down this list based on the recruitment of Thareous; everyone knows he’s an experienced player said:
(Sorry I haven't been active, school started again and it's nasty!) To poke a slight hole in you theory, didn't the lightning rod get recruited? So that basically means anyone could be the second cult member. Apologies if anyone else has stated this, I just wanted to point it out before reading everything!

ebwodp
Quote fail, hopefully you can see where I wanted to quote.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Fused I'm willing to trust you today, but if your suspicion flips Town then you're definitely a target the next day. From my brief analysis, it seems as if you're "scum hunting" to take away attention from yourself. The first half of the game you were rather quiet until some suspicion was placed on you.

Unvote

Vote: Avagon

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Ok thanks that would make since so if lotl is telling the truth then that shrinks the list of who might be mafia.

Actually, most Poisoners are Anti-Town.

EBWODP

Fused I'm willing to trust you today, but if your suspicion flips Town then you're definitely a target the next day. From my brief analysis, it seems as if you're "scum hunting" to take away attention from yourself. The first half of the game you were rather quiet until some suspicion was placed on you.

Unvote

Vote: Avagon

Don't trust me, trust the evidence I provided.

Furthermore, when you say the first half of the game, are you talking about the RVS stage of Day 1? If so, I'm extremely sorry for not participating in that very important part of a game of mafia.

If you're not talking about that, then I don't understand what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Actually, most Poisoners are Anti-Town.

EBWODP

True, I was a little surprised when I saw my role. But, being a town poisoner is hard for me- I only get one shot to kill someone, and I don't want to accidentally use it on a townie. Like I said, I plan to use it on Thar if we don't lynch him today.

We still have a day left, so I'd like to see if Avagon comes in and has any sort of defense before placing a vote. Though, how much of a defense he can have, I can't be sure- as stated multiple times, he has said and done very little this game, as had Peachy.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I'm not saying that LotL is definitely Anti-Town; it's certainly possible Mellow made the Poisoner a Town role, especially since she claims it to be 1-Shot.

In any case, I would 100% agree with your idea to poison Thareous tonight. It guarantees that your only shot is used to kill an Anti-Town. Plus, with the Cop dead, it's almost impossible for us to have any confirmed scum for you to target anyways.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
I'm not saying that LotL is definitely Anti-Town; it's certainly possible Mellow made the Poisoner a Town role, especially since she claims it to be 1-Shot.

In any case, I would 100% agree with your idea to poison Thareous tonight. It guarantees that your only shot is used to kill an Anti-Town. Plus, with the Cop dead, it's almost impossible for us to have any confirmed scum for you to target anyways.

I completely agree this makes it to were your role doesn't go to waste and at the same time is getting rid of an anti-town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom