• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokéscum Mafia: The First Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
IGMEOY and FoS are relatively similar depending on the person using it.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
I really really doubt Pendio would go ahead and confirm the existence of a cult when it would be most beneficial to him to hide it. I don't recall him ever hinting that a cult existed the time he was Cult Leader (LotR?). Also, I highly doubt that Repentance would have came out and immediately supported his new leader if he was recruited

Yeah. I'll leave that alone for now.

Pen

The game is on!
I just realized something. Take a look at the final vote tally of yesterday:

Day 1 Final Vote Tally:

Thareous (1) - A Link In Time
goomboo (7) - Thareous, Sadia, fused_shadows, Justac00lguy, Kokirion, Repentance, Fig
Kokirion (1) - PokaLink
fused_shadows (5) - Deku Shroom, musicfan, Heroine of Time, goomboo, DekuNut
Deku Shroom (1) - Blackkirby
Blackkirby (1) - Stitch
Stitch (1) - Peachy
Repentance (1) - 43ForceGems
Heroine of Time (1) - LittleScumball
PokaLink (1) - Pendio
Mezlo and his vote count mistakes (1) - Sadia

As we can clearly see, goomboo and fused were the two players with the most votes, and goomboo did only have a few votes more on him than fused did. Now, looking back at basically any past Mafia game, lynching scum on day 1 is virtually an impossibility simply because of how easily the Mafia is able to make "random" votes for Townies and even in some cases manipulate the voting of other players on the first day. My point is that fused could very possibly be a Mafioso who was very close to getting lynched, but since the Mafia could save him, they did (by voting for gomboo or by making other players vote for goomboo).

She allowed herself to be a huge factor in Goomboo's lynch; a simple unvote would have saved goomboo and myself, keeping two townies alive.

I get the feeling that you are trying to declare your innocence by sort of tying yourself to an already conformed (and dead) Townie. The way you worded this just feels suspicious to me. Also, you say that an Unvote by Sadia would have saved both goomboo and yourself, well, looking back at the final vote tally goomboo had two more votes than you did, which means that even if Sadia would have just Unvoted, gomboo woulf still have gotten lynched. So this particular accusation does not really old much water.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Also, I would also like to hear from everyone that Sadia mentioned, as well as Kokirion and PokaLink. Who do you think we lynch today, and why?

I'm sorry that I've been kinda inactive lately, summer's ending and I have a lot to stress about.

A safe target for me would be Fig, and if Fig flips mafia we might want to investigate Fused, considering Fig's vote could have saved Fused. Kinda like in SSBB Mafia were Kirino saved me and sealed someone else's (I think it was Fig's?) Fate.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote Tally:

Sadia (1) - Repentance
fused_shadows (1) - Deku Shroom
Stitch (1) - 43ForceGems

Not Voting - Sadia, Fig, Peachy, A Link In Time, Heroine of Time, Stitch, DekuNut, PokaLink, Blackkirby, Kokirion, Celeboy, Justac00lguy, Pendio, fused_shadows, Thareous

With 18 people alive, 10 votes is majority. Day ends tomorrow night at 9PM PST.

The following people have not yet met the 2-post quota:

Fig (1)
Peachy (2)
A Link In Time (1)
Heroine of Time (2)
43ForceGems (1)
Blackkirby (1)
Kokirion (1)
Deku Shroom (1)
Thareous (1)

The number beside a username denotes the amount of posts that user has left to make before the end of the day.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
First of all, there is no such thing as a Mega Clefable (why you said this I don't know). I don't see how Ditto is able to transform into a Mega-Evolved Clefable (which again doesn't exist) as Ditto can't Mega Evolve even if you give him a Mega Stone. He could transform into a Mega-Evolved Pokemon in the games when a Pokemon Mega Evolves but by that point Ditto will be low on health be knocked out considering how Ditto is not the most vital Pokemon in battles, but based on the context of the Day 1 lynch scene, Clefable was holding a Moon Stone, an item that associated with Clefable and is needed for a Clefairy to evolve into a Clefable.

This is also gen 1 where Pokémon cannot Mega evolve since that was introduced in gen 6 so I don't think we have to deal with megas in this game unless Mezlo added them.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I get the feeling that you are trying to declare your innocence by sort of tying yourself to an already conformed (and dead) Townie. The way you worded this just feels suspicious to me. Also, you say that an Unvote by Sadia would have saved both goomboo and yourself, well, looking back at the final vote tally goomboo had two more votes than you did, which means that even if Sadia would have just Unvoted, gomboo woulf still have gotten lynched. So this particular accusation does not really old much water.

In regards to Sadia, at the time of the post that I quoted, goomboo only had one more vote. Sadia had no way of knowing that another vote was coming, and thus she did have a chance to save him.

Also, the phrase that you quoted came literally straight out of my game notes. Because I know my alignment, my notes always have notations like that that help me to make sense of everything that's going on. You don't have to believe I'm Town (something tells me you don't at this point); I know my alignment. Maybe one day I'll prove it to you.

I'm sorry that I've been kinda inactive lately, summer's ending and I have a lot to stress about.

A safe target for me would be Fig, and if Fig flips mafia we might want to investigate Fused, considering Fig's vote could have saved Fused. Kinda like in SSBB Mafia were Kirino saved me and sealed someone else's (I think it was Fig's?) Fate.

The situations are fairly different. When Kirino voted, the count was tied, and thus he got Fig lynched; he didn't save you, you weren't going to die. On Day 1, Fig voted to put goomboo two votes ahead; his vote didn't get goomboo lynched, as he was already going to be lynched.

And, what do you mean by he's a "safe target"?

Fig (1)
Peachy (2)
A Link In Time (1)
Heroine of Time (2)
43ForceGems (1)
Blackkirby (1)
Kokirion (1)
Deku Shroom (1)
Thareous (1)

FoS: All of these people

Fig

The Altruist
Rereading the previous pages several times, I personally think that Repentance is just grasping at straws with Sadia. Honestly I don't see why it would be considered suspicious that she said mafia rather than specifically stating that it was Mewtwo as the Mafia Godfather (which makes a lot of sense if anyone has seen Pokémon: The First Movie - Mewtwo VS Mew). I really don't think it isn't a good reason to begin with to bring suspicion onto Sadia. I really do believe that you are just grasping at straws here.

Exactly how did my vote saved Fused? At the time that I voted, goomboo already had one vote more than fused and as I stated when I voted, I simply wanted the lynch to occur since there was potential for those who voted for goomboo to unvote at the last minute and Fused could have been the one lynched if it wasn't for me. While I have only played mafia not too long ago, I can tell Fused is a much better player to keep because of his analyses. This is practically the reason why he dies early because mafia is always scared of Fused cracking a potential lead and start nailing down scum because of his analysis (which is the reason why I want to be like in terms of mafia analyses). His posts allow to open the eyes of the living players to details that could have been missed.

Ironically this is coming from the person who 1. Was scum in the Super Smash Bros. game that is still going, 2. Started the bangwagon against me, 3. Used very vague and nonsensical reasons to justify that he was town (I'm sorry but you are in the wrong. You said I was inactive for the entire Mafia Day yet I was only inactive for a few hours at best unlike you who just posts once and then leaves until who knows how long you return), 4. Used the "oh Player X has suspicions on me therefore he's scum because I'm totally not. Trust me guys" logic when bandwagoning against me and later Gumball (which I predicted would happen and thus you led to your own demise) and 5. Kept trying to seem town even your logic was severely vague. Not to mention Kirino was also mafia (and I'm glad he's dead because he dug his grave for doing so) and used the "It was a 50/50 chance but I thought Fig was more scummier than Pokalink" reasoning. Obviously Kirino would not think to kill his scum buddy so lynching me was his "only" option. Not to mention, it was a tie between you and me in that game and Kirino's vote saved you. That's how a vote is saved not because someone had an extra vote and another vote was added to him/her and still resulted in a lynch. It's because of your reasonings why you and Kirino are now dead in the game because of poor logic. Call me blunt or rude, but that's the truth, it was their actions that made them dead not mine, I was simply trying to prove why such logic wouldn't work but no one believed me so I got killed for it. I don't think we should take Poka's thoughts into consideration considering this is now the second time (in a row) that the first person that Poka considered scum was me.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Forgive my absence. First week of classes this week, and it's kept me busy. I've been doing my best to keep up with the thread though, but now I finally have a chance to post.

So I voted Fused, and I do admittedly find Fuse's behavior and circumstance suspicious. Now I haven't played mafia on here (have been in some games in the far distant past, but I wouldn't really count those), so I'm unfamiliar with strategies from other games, and my real familiarity with Mafia comes from games of Werewolf that I've played on another forum years ago.

Alrighty let's jump into this a bit. I don't really know how to quote properly, but I'll do my best, and at the least give page numbers where the quotes come from. I found one thing kind of curious about Fused in the first day. If you look at posts, Fused has 4 separate posts within the first day on questions of who would be what from the Pokemon series, and at first this could be seen as a general kind of "I don't know", but it became recurring and I took it as a way to lay a sense of naivety. The role PM should give some insight to some of the Pokemon world, and a quick Google search clears up a lot of the questions asked. A 5th question was also apart of another post of Fused in the current day, day 2, and I should mention that the questions within the first day were the entirety of the post. Again, I see this as a way to do a cloak of innocence, and I feel that if Fused is as good as people claim him to be, then these posts served an extra purpose besides figuring out the Pokemon universe.

On page 16 you can see where Fused brings up the idea of a No Lynch, and to me a No Lynch almost always hurts town instead of helping, ESPECIALLY on day 1 when we have little to no information anyways. A lynch can be wrong, but at the same time you can at least observe voting habits and work off of said lynch. Night kills alone are hard to work with because there's usually little to no visible or reliable evidence. How can I work off of a night kill when I can't see who even tried to vote for what? It seems odd at the least, and as I've said, the way I learned to play: you almost NEED the first day lynch.

On page 19 the following is said by Fused: "As for musicfan, I think the reason the mafia killed him is because of his tendency to roleclaim early in games; the mafia knew the game was role-madness based on their roles (They more than likely have some pretty serious PRs), and thus decided to get rid of musicfan before he caused them problems. I think it’s safe to say that we have a pretty heads-up group of mafia members." and the mention of the "ritual of ALIT being night killed night 1" is also brought up. Why bring these up? They're odd yes, but wouldn't a strategic player play off of said things? Would it be wrong to think that bringing up said things and how they're oddly not following said trend be sort of a gate way of some misguiding evidence? Why wouldn't Fused be the one to make these happen? "ALIT always night killed on night 1? Not this time! Let's use this to point a finger at ALIT!" That seems rather strategic to me, and Fused has quite a rep.

Fused also avoided a lynch day 1, and it was a little bit late on the day to have been saved for me to not at least have my interest peaked. I agree with what Pendio says on the matter: "As we can clearly see, goomboo and fused were the two players with the most votes, and goomboo did only have a few votes more on him than fused did. Now, looking back at basically any past Mafia game, lynching scum on day 1 is virtually an impossibility simply because of how easily the Mafia is able to make "random" votes for Townies and even in some cases manipulate the voting of other players on the first day. My point is that fused could very possibly be a Mafioso who was very close to getting lynched, but since the Mafia could save him, they did (by voting for gomboo or by making other players vote for goomboo)." (page 24 for reference). The underlined portion basically states what I had in mind. Fused was gonna get lynched, and then out of the blue all of these votes go on Goomboo with the justification of "hey, he's inexperienced and we gotta keep Fused", but again, roles change game to game. You could be saving a skilled town, but also a skilled mafia, so I don't think it's really justifiable as an excuse to some people and I feel as if there was some more going on there behind the scenes.
---------------------
Again, forgive my lack of quotation knowledge. I'll do my best to familiarize myself with it in the future, but I hope that the page numbers are at least useful for reference of said quotes. My only other suspicions would be Peachy, Heroine, Fig, and Celeboy. Celeboy's posts have just been odd, and Peachy and Heroine went from posting the quota for the first day to not showing up at all in the second. Fig waited pretty last second to throw in a vote, and Celeboy just didn't vote at all. Inactivity I could grant to real life business, but it is worth noting. I'm not saying that I have an real solid evidence put together against these 4, but it does seem slightly odd.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Alrighty let's jump into this a bit. I don't really know how to quote properly, but I'll do my best, and at the least give page numbers where the quotes come from. I found one thing kind of curious about Fused in the first day. If you look at posts, Fused has 4 separate posts within the first day on questions of who would be what from the Pokemon series, and at first this could be seen as a general kind of "I don't know", but it became recurring and I took it as a way to lay a sense of naivety. The role PM should give some insight to some of the Pokemon world, and a quick Google search clears up a lot of the questions asked. A 5th question was also apart of another post of Fused in the current day, day 2, and I should mention that the questions within the first day were the entirety of the post. Again, I see this as a way to do a cloak of innocence, and I feel that if Fused is as good as people claim him to be, then these posts served an extra purpose besides figuring out the Pokemon universe.

I've literally never played a Pokemon game in my life. I asked all those questions because I know we have quite a few Pokemon buffs here, so I'd rather ask them for info rather than using something like Bulbapedia which will give me info that I may not need, thus confusing myself even further.

It was sort of like a cloak of innocence, sure. I don't mind proclaiming that I know nothing of Pokemon, but I'm not sure how that relates to my alignment, though.

On page 16 you can see where Fused brings up the idea of a No Lynch, and to me a No Lynch almost always hurts town instead of helping, ESPECIALLY on day 1 when we have little to no information anyways. A lynch can be wrong, but at the same time you can at least observe voting habits and work off of said lynch. Night kills alone are hard to work with because there's usually little to no visible or reliable evidence. How can I work off of a night kill when I can't see who even tried to vote for what? It seems odd at the least, and as I've said, the way I learned to play: you almost NEED the first day lynch.

Generally, I'd agree with you in that Day 1 lynches are usually fruitful. However, I disagree in voting for someone using random.org simply because you need to lynch someone Day 1. That's what happened during this Day 1; people just randomly selected me, and then goomboo. Where did that get us? We lost the Town Redirector. Sure, we got some leads from the voting, but nothing huge. Was it worth it? I'm not too sure myself.

On page 19 the following is said by Fused: "As for musicfan, I think the reason the mafia killed him is because of his tendency to roleclaim early in games; the mafia knew the game was role-madness based on their roles (They more than likely have some pretty serious PRs), and thus decided to get rid of musicfan before he caused them problems. I think it’s safe to say that we have a pretty heads-up group of mafia members." and the mention of the "ritual of ALIT being night killed night 1" is also brought up. Why bring these up? They're odd yes, but wouldn't a strategic player play off of said things? Would it be wrong to think that bringing up said things and how they're oddly not following said trend be sort of a gate way of some misguiding evidence? Why wouldn't Fused be the one to make these happen? "ALIT always night killed on night 1? Not this time! Let's use this to point a finger at ALIT!" That seems rather strategic to me, and Fused has quite a rep.

After I read all lynch/night scenes, I make notes on what happened, why it happened, and what didn't happen. Of all the notations I made, I found those two about musicfan and ALIT the most important. I always like to try and figure out why the mafia killed who, because it could help me identify them through their line of thinking, which I can match up with other games. Am I scum for posting a hypothesis on why musicfan was killed?

I never said that we should use the fact that ALIT didn't die as a reason to "point the finger at him". All I said was that it's noteworthy. That's it. I never once said that we should lynch him, or even consider lynching him. I'm not scum for pointing this stuff out.

Fused also avoided a lynch day 1, and it was a little bit late on the day to have been saved for me to not at least have my interest peaked. I agree with what Pendio says on the matter: "As we can clearly see, goomboo and fused were the two players with the most votes, and goomboo did only have a few votes more on him than fused did. Now, looking back at basically any past Mafia game, lynching scum on day 1 is virtually an impossibility simply because of how easily the Mafia is able to make "random" votes for Townies and even in some cases manipulate the voting of other players on the first day. My point is that fused could very possibly be a Mafioso who was very close to getting lynched, but since the Mafia could save him, they did (by voting for gomboo or by making other players vote for goomboo)." (page 24 for reference). The underlined portion basically states what I had in mind. Fused was gonna get lynched, and then out of the blue all of these votes go on Goomboo with the justification of "hey, he's inexperienced and we gotta keep Fused", but again, roles change game to game. You could be saving a skilled town, but also a skilled mafia, so I don't think it's really justifiable as an excuse to some people and I feel as if there was some more going on there behind the scenes.

Well, you're trying to judge me based on the actions of other players. If what you claim is true, that I'm scum and some of the people who voted for goomboo are my scumbuds, why would I go through the ENTIRE bandwagon, and throughly analyze every vote on the wagon? Aren't I essentially burying my team? Wouldn't it have been smarter for me to let someone else do that, or hope that no one bothers to look at the wagon?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
The alignment bit in the beginning was going along the lines of: "Hey here's a Pokemon that you are, and you could look up its name and such." I don't mean it in a rude way at all, just noting.

Generally, I'd agree with you in that Day 1 lynches are usually fruitful. However, I disagree in voting for someone using random.org simply because you need to lynch someone Day 1. That's what happened during this Day 1; people just randomly selected me, and then goomboo. Where did that get us? We lost the Town Redirector. Sure, we got some leads from the voting, but nothing huge. Was it worth it? I'm not too sure myself./QUOTE]
The loss sucked due to losing a Townie, but you have to lose players in this game to progress. No one wants to be killed, but I mean the process of some one being killed gives us more information to build off of.

After I read all lynch/night scenes, I make notes on what happened, why it happened, and what didn't happen. Of all the notations I made, I found those two about musicfan and ALIT the most important. I always like to try and figure out why the mafia killed who, because it could help me identify them through their line of thinking, which I can match up with other games. Am I scum for posting a hypothesis on why musicfan was killed?

I never said that we should use the fact that ALIT didn't die as a reason to "point the finger at him". All I said was that it's noteworthy. That's it. I never once said that we should lynch him, or even consider lynching him. I'm not scum for pointing this stuff out.

The way that these were laid out though could serve as a misdirection for other players, and a tool for scum to abuse in order to misdirect other players. You pointed out these sort of rituals in other games, so it puts more of a focus on ALIT, and could be used later down the road. Since you pointed these out, and because they're common place, you can use these to shift focus to others, while keeping focus off of yourself or whichever other player.

I'm not specifically saying you're scum, but as of now you hold the highest suspicion on my list.

Well, you're trying to judge me based on the actions of other players. If what you claim is true, that I'm scum and some of the people who voted for goomboo are my scumbuds, why would I go through the ENTIRE bandwagon, and throughly analyze every vote on the wagon? Aren't I essentially burying my team? Wouldn't it have been smarter for me to let someone else do that, or hope that no one bothers to look at the wagon?

Not necessarily. It'd be uncommon in mafia for all mafia players to change their votes to protect a member. In fact, I'd say it's safe to say that not all members were within this bandwagon, and maybe only one to two members would have had to throw in a vote to save you, while convincing others. Breaking down the band wagon can also keep suspicions off yourself, while throwing in mild fingers at potential scum and other players who you could keep balance on. Basically, if you are scum, and the votes were shifted, I would bet that maybe one other member or so jumped in to save you while the others were dormant in another voting position. It's smarter to do it yourself; because who expects the person to break down things such as that to be scum? It's tactical, which you're known to be here on the forums.

I've not seen how everyone else reacts in other games, so this is mostly speculation, but it's what I'm going off of for now. ;)

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Ironically this is coming from the person who 1. Was scum in the Super Smash Bros. game that is still going, 2. Started the bangwagon against me, 3. Used very vague and nonsensical reasons to justify that he was town (I'm sorry but you are in the wrong. You said I was inactive for the entire Mafia Day yet I was only inactive for a few hours at best unlike you who just posts once and then leaves until who knows how long you return), 4. Used the "oh Player X has suspicions on me therefore he's scum because I'm totally not. Trust me guys" logic when bandwagoning against me and later Gumball (which I predicted would happen and thus you led to your own demise) and 5. Kept trying to seem town even your logic was severely vague. Not to mention Kirino was also mafia (and I'm glad he's dead because he dug his grave for doing so) and used the "It was a 50/50 chance but I thought Fig was more scummier than Pokalink" reasoning. Obviously Kirino would not think to kill his scum buddy so lynching me was his "only" option. Not to mention, it was a tie between you and me in that game and Kirino's vote saved you. That's how a vote is saved not because someone had an extra vote and another vote was added to him/her and still resulted in a lynch. It's because of your reasonings why you and Kirino are now dead in the game because of poor logic. Call me blunt or rude, but that's the truth, it was their actions that made them dead not mine, I was simply trying to prove why such logic wouldn't work but no one believed me so I got killed for it. I don't think we should take Poka's thoughts into consideration considering this is now the second time (in a row) that the first person that Poka considered scum was me.

Yeh... Because I was scum that game and I didn't want to die lol (It would have worked to if JC wouldn't of spoiled my fun!)

Don't get too jumpy though, I only said that because Fused asked, and I respect her enough to answer. I'm sure if I dig a little harder I could find a better target but I have a lot of things stressing me out and distracting me from this game, I thought about dropping out,but I really like this games theme and I don't want to quit it.

Fig

The Altruist
Yeh... Because I was scum that game and I didn't want to die lol (It would have worked to if JC wouldn't of spoiled my fun!)

Don't get too jumpy though, I only said that because Fused asked, and I respect her enough to answer. I'm sure if I dig a little harder I could find a better target but I have a lot of things stressing me out and distracting me from this game, I thought about dropping out,but I really like this games theme and I don't want to quit it.

First of all, Fused is a dude (I'm assuming you are calling him a her simply because of the pink banner. Pink is not a feminine color, in fact before the rise of Hitler, pink was the masculine color while blue was the feminine in the US. It wasn't until Hitler started to brand homosexuals with pink triangles when the colors were then switched simply because the US didn't want a color associated with homosexuals be associated with masculinity so thus is why the masculine color now is blue and pink is feminine. Not to mention Fused has his gendered portrayed right next to his name but I digressed). Second, I knew you were scum not because you targeted me (because then I would following your logic that anyone who targets me is scum and I personally refuse to be illogical, no offense) but it was because how you literally stated that I was inactive for the entire Mafia Day period when I was really only inactive for the last few hours (last IRL day at best) and was contributing to the game unlike you who just shows up, makes a single post, and leaves. I consider you as an inexperienced player simply because of how weak your points are that you have to go the lengths of falsifying information just so people can believe (I honestly don't know how anyone than Kirino could have believe your statements). All I'm saying is that you want to be a credible source of information in the game, do not falsifying information within the game otherwise it will bite you at the end and you will probably be killed very early in future in the same way that Fused is usually eliminated early game simply because he does his analyses. If you really cared about this theme, then you would have provided more insight to say the least.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why does everyone keep focusing on the Mewtwo business? Firstly, I explained it's not just the lack of explanation but the fact the she only mentioned the mafia without giving detail in a way that seemed like she was trying to distance herself. Secondly, I provided z multitude of other reasons and also said it was a pressure vote. You always think I'm grasping at straws Fig, so whatever, but it is kind of annoying when people ignore my entire post to focus on one barely relevant part (the lack of Mewtwo being mentioned).

EBWODP
Fig, your insults towards PokaLink are incredibly irrelevant and frustrating, what are you even doing? You went on a rant about Hitler because PokaLink said fused was a girl and then talked about how you got mad that SCUM lynched you, a TOWNIE, which is what they are supposed to do, regardless of any logic. Then you have the audacity to say we should write off all of PokaLink's posts? Fig, leave your animosity at the door. We don't need it ruining this game.

Last edited:

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I'm so sorry for my inactivity guys, I recently entered university and started living on my own. My life has been changing so rapidly that I didn't have much time to play until now.
I'll read back everything I've missed and give a real reply tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom