• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokéscum Mafia: The First Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Anyway, what are your guys' thoughts on the Mafia nd who they could be? It seems like a psychic ability, but yeah my knowledge on Pokemon is not what it used to be, lol.

There are only five real legendary Pokemon from Gen 1... Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapados, and Moltres. I'll guess those are our Mafia members.
With Mewtwo being the Godfather, I find it more likely that Mew was the killer. While Mew doesn't seem like a very scummy Pokemon, if all the legendaries went crazy, then Mew would be no exception.

Pen

The game is on!
How do you [Sadia] know it's mafia and not serial killer or another killing role? This is a role madness game, and you seem to know it's mafia. And no, a question mark to me does not make this any less of a statement.

Repentance, I think you are overreacting somewhat. This here is no good reason for accusation in my opinion. In fact, most of your reasons to vote for Sadia make very little sense in my eyes.

Unvote: Sadia

When I initially placed my vote on Sadia today it was partly to look at reactions (as it usually is), but also to seemingly support Repentance in his suspicions on Sadia. See, from my experience a player who is voting for somebody else all alone (typically players who have not played a whole lot of Mafia before) tend to not always speak his/her mind as willingly as someone who is voting for somebody else together with another player. That is why I was temporarily voting for Sadia. Now, as it happens, Repentance has been acting pretty boldly, more so than I have seen him in the past.

IGMEOY: Repentance

I have to say, Pendio is acting rather Oddish to me.

It's almost like he's planning on fakeclaiming in this post. Or I might be misinterpreting.

And then, just blindly trusting Repentance and placing a vote, doesn't seem like a good sign to me.

IGMEOY: PENDIO

I was never trusting Repentance. As I explained above, there was a temporarily hidden function to my vote on you.

There are only five real legendary Pokemon from Gen 1... Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapados, and Moltres. I'll guess those are our Mafia members.

Here is what Mezlo said in the OP:

For some unexplainable reason, the legendary Pokémon known as Mewtwo has taken over the minds of the three legendary birds, and is now going around trying to kill all of the innocent Pokémon of Kanto!

It mentions all of the legendaries except for Mew. Of course Mew might be part of the Mafia, but that is not conformed. Besides, a four member Mafia group is pretty standard.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Welp, apparently rereading the OP can help sometimes XD.
So Mew probably isn't Mafia, but I'd be surprised if Mew didn't show up in the game at all. Probably on the town's side, or maybe as a survivor.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Pendio, why did you vote for Sadia, unvote, and then proceed to place pressure on someone who also voted for Sadia?

Very questionable.

FoS Pendio

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Pendio, why did you vote for Sadia, unvote, and then proceed to place pressure on someone who also voted for Sadia?

Very questionable.

FoS Pendio
He answered that in his post. He was offering the chance for Rep to speak more freely, and didn't actually feel that Sadia was scummy at the time, but got a bad feeling from Rep. It was also a reactions vote. I see nothing scummy about that, and it fits into his playstyle.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Repentance, I think you are overreacting somewhat. This here is no good reason for accusation in my opinion. In fact, most of your reasons to vote for Sadia make very little sense in my eyes.
bit harsh

Repentance has been acting pretty boldly, more so than I have seen him in the past.
What reason would scum have to come in here and make a big scene? I'm trying to get some discussion going (as usual), and votes have proven time and time again to be the best way to get reactions and generate discussion.

fused_shadows said:
Another thing I’d like to note: ALIT was not NK’d last night. It has almost become a ritual for him to be a Night 1 Mafia NK, but that wasn’t the case this game. An easy explanation is that he’s PART of the mafia; or the mafia simply didn’t kill him because they’d rather go after musicfan. It’s no reason to lynch him, but it’s a good reason to keep an eye on his participation.

It's understandable that I'm subject to scrutiny after my early deaths in the past few mafia games. This was a well thought out tactic by the scum this game. I suppose I've got a bit of proving to do as the game progresses.

As for the voting occurring today, I'm inclined to believe Rep. Since there are no super obvious cues from the first day and night, someone has to start discussion regarding posts and wording that might seem remotely suspicious.

While I'm not willing to place a vote right now, it is strange to see so much activity and what may appear as siding with others from Sadia so early. I've thought of her as a more passive player, and that play style lead to the mafia's victory in Scrubs where was she the Godfather.

The suspicions on Pendio don't make much sense to me, especially after he explained his reasoning.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Just because Alit didn't die, doesn't mean he should be brought up for discussion. I put Alit dying early usually down to his inactivness on Day One, meaning he's easy bait. Mafia might have had a different line of thought this time around and I have an inkling for why they NK'd MF. Think about it, MF usually claims on Day Two; it's like some sort of tradition for him, lol. Mafia don't like confirmed players and they probably forseen this problem and took him out early.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Just because Alit didn't die, doesn't mean he should be brought up for discussion. I put Alit dying early usually down to his inactivness on Day One, meaning he's easy bait. Mafia might have had a different line of thought this time around and I have an inkling for why they NK'd MF. Think about it, MF usually claims on Day Two; it's like some sort of tradition for him, lol. Mafia don't like confirmed players and they probably forseen this problem and took him out early.

Yeah, I said that about ALIT in my initial post; the fact that he didn't die is something to keep in mind, but it's definitely not reason enough to lynch him.

Also, I already said that exact thing about musicfan. :)

EBWODP

Also, Deku Shroom, would you like me to answer some questions for you or something?

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Why not just unvote? This is what confuses me. Two on heroine, two on koki.. Tie.

Okay, gotta admit it. The vote on goomboo was bait, to see who would bandwagon. You can get a lot of information looking at a Day One lynch.

"Somebody else would have tied it up, if not me"??? Why wouldn't you just have tied it then, or at least unvoted Goomboo if you didn't want to lynch anybody? Why wait for someone else to come save her? There's something not quite right here.

Heroine was not in danger of getting lynched; saving her was not my priority. And who said I didn't want to lynch anyone?

Mewtwo? No one mentioned Mewtwo until Pendio, you just said "mafia". Why didn't you mention Mewtwo before in your first statement? That's odd that you act now like you said mafia because you thought that it was Mewtwo when you didn't even mention them beforehand. It looks to me like you are using other people's analysis to confuse people.

I thought it was common knowledge in this game that Mewtwo was godfather. Does the scene really look like a legendary bird to you? Also, I see no hints or clues that music was killed by an SK, unless I'm missing something, do you think otherwise? Analyzing like Pendio did seemed to be stating the obvious to me. Why does my lack of analysis make you so suspicious? I mean, how is this even scummy?

Or, he wants to be able to counter claim if someone claims his role (as this is a role madness game, he likely has a role)

Wow, I like how you choose to defend him, and then he accuses you. How interesting.

I was never trusting Repentance. As I explained above, there was a temporarily hidden function to my vote on you.

^
v

Me said:
It's almost like he's planning on fakeclaiming in this post. Or I might be misinterpreting.

:(

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Looking through the first day didn't really turn up much for me. With sadia if im correct you are suspicious of her because she made a vote to keep a experienced player ? If im right I get were she is coming from most people would rather keep an experienced person then someone they don't know as much who might not be as knowledgeable in mafia.

With ALIT I see that he look suspicious with not dyeing first night like he usually does but that isn't a enough I don't think so to make a legitimate vote.

Deku Shroom are you voting for fused for a pressure vote or because you think she is suspicious?

Jamie

Looking through the first day didn't really turn up much for me. With sadia if im correct you are suspicious of her because she made a vote to keep a experienced player ?

No, it was the execution of it all. Re-read my post, please.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote Tally:

Sadia (1) - Repentance
fused_shadows (1) - Deku Shroom
Stitch (1) - 43ForceGems

Not Voting - Sadia, Fig, Peachy, A Link In Time, Heroine of Time, Stitch, DekuNut, PokaLink, Blackkirby, Kokirion, Celeboy, Justac00lguy, Pendio, fused_shadows, Thareous

With 18 people alive, 10 votes is majority. Day ends Friday night at 9PM PST.

Jamie

Just bringing up ALIT surviving night 1 as a reason for suspicion is beyond silly, there's no real basis for that at all.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Just bringing up ALIT surviving night 1 as a reason for suspicion is beyond silly, there's no real basis for that at all.

How so? You don't think it's odd? He's been NK'd Night 1 something like three games in a row. It's definitely something that's noteworthy.

Should we lynch ALIT right now because of it? No. But we should keep it in mind, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom