• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon X & Y: Favorite Starter Design

What is your favorite new starter design?

• Chespin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fennekin

• Froakie

• Total voters
This is actually the first time since Jhoto that i have been interested in the starter Pokemon. Fennekin would be my choice because IT'S A FOX. We don't have that many fox Pokemon and for one to be a starter makes it all the better.

Kybyrian

Chespin seems the best out the three. It has this childlike appearance that looks really original and fun. Fennekin and Froakie (especially Froakie) look sort of weird, and Fennekin has this kind of style to it that I don't like. Chepsin is by far my favorite design out of the two, and it's also of a type that I haven't legitimately used in quite a while (not counting the fact that I used all three in Black & White), so I'll probably be rolling with Chespin for my adventures in this strange new land.

Kirino

Tatakae
Chespin- Looks like a generic beaver/ferret/mole who was given a random green hat, which apparently makes him a grass type. I don't like him much at all.

Fennekin- Foxes are always cool, and Fennekin is no exception. I love how it looks female. Probably my favorite one so far. I can only imagine how badass her evolved forms will look.

Froakie- Looks pretty funny, and cool. Not bad.

I like them all except for Chespin.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Fennekin- Looks pretty cool, and as others have said, I imagine it's evolved forms to be pretty badass. I typically lean towards a fire type (Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic), and I probably will choose this one if it looks like Ninetails in the end. The last two Fire starters weren't any good (just Blaziken ripoffs :mad: ), but this one looks much better, and I'm quite excited for it.

Froakie- Not too bad. I chose water type in last two Generations, because they both looked the best out of the three (I always thought Samurott looked cooler than Serperior, and Empoleon was also Steel type). This time, it doesn't look to be the best at the moment, but as others have said, it is quite original and creative. It kinda reminds me of Frogger, so a nostalgia factor adds to that.
Also, I imagine its final evolution to look strong, like Poliwrath or something. I might choose it if that is so, but I'm leaning more towards Fennekin at the moment.
Bulbasaur will always be the best water starter.

Chespin- What's with the freaking mole beaver?! I have chosen the grass type in previous generations on a second playthrough (Bulbasaur and Treecko), but that was because they looked somewhat decent. I imagine this as it's final form:

ResettiSSBB.jpg

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Man, I loved grass starters ever since Bulbasaur (Chikorita being my favorite grass starter, starter in general, and Pokemon in general)...but they really screwed up with Chespin. It's like a Mijumaru again :I

Fennekin is like Vulpix on 'roids! Which is a great thing! Can't wait to see its evolutions! What if we get Ponyta?! :D

The Froakie or w/e it's called...nope! Don't like it, never did.

Question.

What the heck is Chespin? Is that a...chipmunk, or beaver, or squirrel, or what? Is the answer just "yes"?

I voted for Fennekin, although something tells me its final evolutionary form will wind up anticlimactic. It would be awesome if it turned into something dangerously beautiful and majestic, but somehow I'm envisioning some little Fire-type Floatzel wannabe. I hope I'm wrong.

Right behind Fennekin is Froakie, which besides having a name that sounds like a nickname for a disease, is something I would love to take over the world with. When your cities lie in ashes, your children lay crying, and all your hope is lost, know that my knee-high frog with bubbles on its neck was the cause of your undoing. ...Or not. I actually think it might have a pretty cool looking final evolution, especially considering I love frogs.

Man, what the heck is Chespin? I can't even tell what it'll wind up looking like in its final form. Maybe a musclebound squirrel with a chaingun. If that's true, I'm picking Chespin. Somehow I don't think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom