• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon X & Y: Favorite Starter Design

What is your favorite new starter design?

• Chespin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fennekin

• Froakie

• Total voters

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I like chespin, he's just so darn adorable XD
Fennekin is probably my favourite of all though, merely because he looks the most like the type of pokemon found in the original generations, which I love!
Froakie, though odd looking, has a slightly different design than what you'd expect to see in pokemon, so he's probably the most original of all.

When I play the game, though, I will probably choose Fennekin. I always loved the fire-type starters, especially the fire/fighting types. Though it appears as if this one's going to be part psychic type (it used confusion in the trailer), which I think is a lot cooler!

I hope they don't make another Water/Ground type... That made the gen 3 games pathetically easy, with only one weakness and an immunity to electricity.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Fennekin pwns this thread imo. Yeah, that one looks better than the other two, although Froakie and Chespin don't look that bad. Good to see some effort in the designing of these new Pokemon.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I'd probably choose Finnekin, if I decide to buy pokemon x & y. However, Tepig was the first time I picked something that wasn't a water type on my first play through, & because of Unova being scarce of water types, I was constantly wishing I chose Oshawott. So as news comes in of pokemon x & y, I'll eventually choose who I want IF I buy the game.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable Fennekin is adorable

Did I mention Fennekin is adorable?

However, despite being in absolute LOVE with Fennekin, design-wise she's kind of generic. I'd have to say Froakie has the best design. He's an actually cute looking frog with glasses, his design is inspired but not so outlandish you can't tell what he is.

Chespin is just...wtf IS it?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Even though I usually prefer the grass one (circa Treeko <3<3), I feel fox-like Fennekin is the best of this trio, mainly because I'm not super-fond of the tiny frog's first stage and the grass one looks like a mutated beaver. Also foxes are cool.

Interesting you should say that. I hope this isn't the case as well since I think when Fennekin attacks Kirlia in the trailer, it seemed to use a Psychic attack. If that's true, I'm guessing Fennekin won't be a Fire/Fighting type at all, more like a Fire/Psychic or just a Fire Type that can learn Psychic attacks.

Ooh Fire/Psychic! *nerdgasm*

Last edited:
If we're strictly talking about the design, than my vote goes to Froakie. It easily has the most unique design; it's a breath of fresh air from the poor design choices of the 5th generation.

However, if we're going with personal favorites I'd have to choose Chespin. I just picture that lil' guy holding an AK-47 and it makes me smile.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I love Fennekin. It really brings me my attention of it's appearance. The other starter Pokemon looks amazing too. Froakie looks super cute and amazing. Chespin is so cute and awesome. The new starter Pokemon all look awesome. Fennekin is my favorite, second comes Fraokie and then Chespin.

Favorite design for this one is probably Chespin. Fennekin looks too much like a Ninetales, but Froakie looks really cute. They're all pretty good, and I hope that their evolutions won't be really weird.

zeldahero3

Zelda Forever!
Fennekin- depends on the final evolution (i usually dont like fire types)
Chespin- Looks like a total boss, cant wait to see final evolution!
Froakie- I usually pick water.... but it depends... dont like froakie, but i think its final evolution will look awesome!

Its a choice between froakie and chespin.... waiting on there final evolutions!

What exactly is Chespin? I just don't like the design of Chespin at all. I really like the designs of Frokie and Fennekin, though, and I can't wait to see the final evolutions of all three. There should really be a Burmy/Wormadam Starter Pokemon. :)

Fig

The Altruist
I love all three starters! Their designs are unique and special! I really can't wait for Pokémon X and Y to come out already! :3 What i realy love about their designs is that they're are based on common animals/plants of nature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom