• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon X & Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nintendo just announced Pokémon X and Y for 3DS. In both 3D (eye popping) and 3D world.
Trailer:
[video=youtube;9bZQSznON50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZQSznON50[/video]

Starter Pokemon:
Froakie (Water)
1LawY
Fennekin (Fire)
1LawK
Chespin (Grass)
1Lawf
Probable Legendaries:
1LaxJ

1LaxO
Release Schedule:
North America: October 2012
Europe: October 2012
Japan: October 2012
Australia: October 2012
Read Pokemon Dungeons Announcement Article Here.
More info coming soon.

Last edited:
This is the first time I've been truly excited for a new Pokemon game in years. The new 3D Pokemon designs are absolutely amazing. Pokedex 3D gave us a taste of what the 3DS can do, I'm glad Nintendo is taking it to the next level with these two games.

Some screenshots of the new Pokemon but you should see the Nintendo Direct presentation for yourselves. Absolutely stunning.
1Lawf

1LawK

1LawY

1LaxJ

1LaxO

Last edited:
From what I've seen these games look promising. I don't really care if the new Pokemon are crap, I've been waiting for a Pokemon game like this.

Ever since Pokemon Colosseum, i have always wanted a 3D Pokemon game adventure to be just like the games in the handheld series. I'm not sure about all the other features, but i love the concept of actually seeing the Pokemon in the grass. I am definitely getting this game when it comes out because it looks like Nintendo really "refreshed" the series.

Z

zoriusth

I actually love the new Pokemon... I admit that they could've worked slightly harder on the names (am I the only one bummed out that they never named it after colors this time?) But the Pokemon designs look awesome Chespin looks kinda like a fusion of Oshawott and Nuzleaf, Fennekin looks adorable ^^ and Froakie looks kinda like that frog Naruto summons in the original series ... not shippuden... and the legends the only problem I have with them is that X(I assume to be the blue caribou/reindeer) could use smaller antlers as it doesn't look like would be able to support them on its own and yes I do like Pokemon to be realistic in that aspect

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1357646181606.png

I wonder what the DNA in the logo is about. Could be something interesting to look out for.
EDIT: X and Y are also Chromosomes. Women have XX and Men have XY.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Even though I dont play Pokemon anymore I do have to say this looks pretty awesome! Its about time Pokemon made the leap into 3D and maybe this will atract a bigger audience to the franchise as well.....The only bad thing I can say is that am disappointed there is no Pokemon Wii U game as I think the gamepad would work amazingly with the game:)

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
The graphics on it look great! The pokemon don't look too bad either.
I might actually get this game.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Just saw the trailer not too long ago, I'm wanting this already. Looks like you might even get to change clothes(was standing in front of a mirror)the battle system looks like the same kinda but different as well with the 3D effects...and the areas themselves look good but kinda barren. I am looking forward to this though, I hope they change the formula a little bit, maybe more gyms and two new teams to fight against.

ANyways, I'm hyped for this game, can't wait ti see more as it progresses.

Pokémon fail to disappoint. It was inevitable that Pokémon would evolve into full 3D etc. I was really surprised they went ahead with a Gen VI, I thought Gen V was the end but clearly I and probably alot of people doubted Game Freak and the Pokémon Company. I love this game already since it's not completely brand new like Black and White was (in terms of Pokémon) and best news everyone gets it round about the same time which is absolutely brilliant. I have to say this though, once I glanced at the legendaries I couldn't help but notice that they bear slight similarities to Terrakion and Virizion, That's just me though.

Overall I'm glad They revealed Pokémon X & Y, that completely contradicts the idea of the Pokémon series dying as alot of people have stated. I Simply cannot wait to see more Pokémon X & Y news between now and when it is released in October.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
I actually think all of the Pokémon look great, except for Chespin. The legendaries look badass, especially the red one. Its about time Pokémon made the leap to 3D. So getting this game.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I want that fire fennec fox. Also Fynx is such a better name than whatever it's english name is I already forgot. Also can someone tell me what that grass one even IS?

Looks like they worked on making battle animations better. This I like. The silly 5th gen all sprites must randomly be animated thing seemed stupid and pointless to me, but if they'll be animated now with actual good attack animations this changes everything. Like Colosseum and XD...only on a small screen =D

However if they decide to make like 20 new legendaries and formes for half of them, like they're trending towards, I will be really pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom