• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon X & Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Honestly I am very sick of Nintendo using sprites. Where are the 3D renders so that we can fully appreciate the game world? That super-pixelated stuff just doesn't give off the right vibes, you know? We've seen what the 3DS can do (take a gander at Dead or Alive Dimensions, for example, or Resident Evil:Revelations), so why regress into subpar graphical display? :I

'course, graphics don't determine the game right off the bat, but I genuinely like looking at what I play!

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Be aware of the third title, Pokemon XYZ.

X and Y. At least it's not a color or precious mineral this time. XP

The graphics... I'm not sure whether I love them or hate them. They just feel so... Different...

The legendaries are okay. A bit blah, but...

The starters just look... Weird...

Also, in the trailer... Did anyone else get a Final Fantasy vibe from the environments?

I did, reminds me of Final Fantasy 3 for DS.

Pluses:
- Starter designs are LEAGUES ahead of Gen V (imo)
- Finally have three dimensional handheld game

Minuses:
- Graphics are horribly subpar (seriously, lack of anti-aliasing and I could've sworn I saw some framerate drops although that might've just been the trailer)
- Battles seem to still be analogous to the 2D counterparts in regards to animation
- The names are just...ugh. Announce Pokemon Z and let me buy it already :P

Dude, the games release in October, it's January. I'm sure there will be some fixes and changes(graphical wise hopefully) though I was hoping the battle system was fully 3D, not like Colosseum cause that's boring but like the 2D games just in a 3D way. Which I think they did, just the animations and certain areas of the battles are 2D

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Awww, they should have created a Ruby/Sapphire remake first..... but it does seem cool!
but they should slow it down a little... seems a little rushed >_>

I told myself not to buy into the next Gen.... but with these graphics and stuff, it's hard to avoid temptation :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom