• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon: The Origins - New Anime Premiering October 2nd In Japan!

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys are enjoying this wonderful evening. I know I am right now since I have great news to tell you guys! X3 :D

I just recently checked on Serebii.net and it was revealed that during the Pokémon Game Show (a TV show about Pokémon news in Japan) that there will be a new Pokémon anime that will be premiering in Japan on October 2nd 2013! This anime will air coincide with the upcoming Pokémon XY. This anime will be known as Pokémon: The Origins. The anime will feature Red and Green, based directly from the original Pokémon games Red and Green version. It is currently unknown if this anime will be either a special or a series. The anime will feature Red as he starts his journey throughout Kanto and battles his rival Green and the first Gym Leader Brock. There's already a full trailer for the anime to air at Japan!

Red Vs Green
origins.jpg

Red about to receive Charmander
origins4.jpg

Charmander Vs Geodude
origins2.jpg

Blastoise
origins3.jpg

Red meeting Lance
1150221_618024571563786_1335489285_n.jpg

Official Pokémon: The Origins Trailer:
[video=youtube;_Lyi2RSVxqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lyi2RSVxqg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Trailer #2

Official website: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/08/130817_g01.html?i001=news

I'm so stoked and excited for the new anime and I really hope Nintendo and GameFreak will also reveal that Blue/Leaf appears and meets Red. They can meet and maybe we can see some fluff between them! Kinda reminds of another couple that I know. ;) *Looks at Atty and kisses her hand*

So what are your thoughts about the new anime? Are you ready to see the Pokémon world through a different perspective? What would you like to see happen in the anime? Please leave your comments and thoughts on what are your thoughts for the new anime and as always, thanks for reading!

Source: Serebii.net

pkfroce

Skelepuns
There was a thread just like this a while ago. However, you always seem to have more info. I've been wanting this for the longest time. EEEEEEEEEE! *cough* I mean, cool. Sounds awesome.

Fig

The Altruist
There was a thread just like this a while ago. However, you always seem to have more info. I've been wanting this for the longest time. EEEEEEEEEE! *cough* I mean, cool. Sounds awesome.

Really? I didn't see it, but I'm so stoked for this anime! Let the fangirling commence! :xd:

And the fangirling doth indeed commenceth...

*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk*

I honestly can't wait for this! :D My favorite generation of Pokemon games and it's events are going to come to life. I'm so sick of the current ongoing anime. It's going on for far to long and I honestly got bored of it after the third generation. It'll be really refreshing to go back to Kanto and watch it where it all began. I just can't see this being a movie though. There's way too much to cover in just 2-3 hours. I'm pretty sure it'll be a short series that'll run for a month or two.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
It'll probably just be an OVA, sorry to be a downer, but that doesn't mean it won't be an awesome one. I've waited for a serious animated take for sooo long.
Sorry if I don't sound ecstatic enough, I already finished squeeing when I heard.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Nintendo is most definitely spoiling us Pokemon fans. It's as if they've left their fan mail unread for years and just opened it. :pikachu:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Wow. I haven't been paying much attention to the anime series lately, but this will most certainly bring my focus back to it. I've been waiting -- or should I say hoping -- for an anime like this for quite some time. Everything about it looks fantastic. I can't express my excitement enough! This is gonna be great!

Fig said:
It is currently unknown if this anime will be either a special or a series.
Serebii said:
This special is to commemorate the release of the new games, Pokémon X & Y and is based upon the Pokémon Red & Green games.

----

Fig said:
I'm so stoked and excited for the new anime and I really hope Nintendo and GameFreak will also reveal that Blue/Leaf appears and meets Red. They can meet and maybe we can see some fluff between them! Kinda reminds of another couple that I know. *Looks at Atty and kisses her hand*

I really hope so too! :D ( :embarrassed: )

It has been confirmed that this is a special episode and not a Series so that's a bit of a downer... or not, whatever your point of view is on this. I do like it though, it's nice to have something recent to remind us of the good old days.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sounds fun! I'll definitely tune in whenever and watch it, I do like the sound if it going back. Shame it's not an entire series but, maybe if it's really successful they could change their minds! *optimism*

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Yeah this is in the wrong section, even if it does coincide with X and Y's release, its still an anime and needs to be in "World of Pokemon" section, which is where I originally made a thread for this.

Fig

The Altruist
Even if it is just one episode in this special, I'm sure it is going to be given a lot of praise and be hyped despite this fact. I believe the special should last at least an hour rather than the usual 21-30 minute episodes that most animes usually do. There's just to much to just put in half an hour.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
It has been confirmed that this is a special episode and not a Series so that's a bit of a downer... or not, whatever your point of view is on this. I do like it though, it's nice to have something recent to remind us of the good old days.
N-OOOOOH!
Too good to be true, I should've known! But it's still gonna be good, right?

That's ultra disappointing to hear. I'm still excited for it all, but I just don't see how they're going to cram all that content into that one episode. Hopefully they reconsider and do a small series for one season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom