• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Taking a Break is Good

We've had some kind of Pokémon RPG every year for the past few years so it's good to see the franchise cool off. After these past two Pokémon Presents, it's clear the Sword and Shield DLC will be taking the place of any new Pokémon game this year. Any other releases this year will be mobile games and spin-offs.

I know some people were really disappointed we didn't get a Let's Go Johto or Gen 4 remakes announced but I think it's about time Gamefreak takes some time off the gas and puts more time into polishing their work. The last mainline games that seemed to get more appreciation than disparagement from the community were Sun and Moon in 2016. Ultra Sun and Moon in 2017, Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee in 2018, and Sword and Shield in 2019 were all divisive titles in their own ways and people complained about certain parts being rushed.

With more time to develop the next game, whether it's Let's Go Johto or Gen 4 remakes, Gamefreak can address some issues fans have had with recent games like the lack of post-game. Maybe the Sword and Shield engine itself can be improved or at least some of the animations for the indovidual Pokémon and their moves. Even looking at other usually annual franchises like Assassin's Creed, it saw a revitalization in recent years after taking a break in 2016.

So what are your thoughts? Are you disappointed we're not getting a new Pokémon RPG this year or are you satisfied that more time will be put towards the new entry?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I was hoping for Lets Go Johto (if it was going to be a "big" announcement) or another major spin off like we got with Snap. Not a stupid mobile game made by the worst company out there. I would be fine with a Pokemon Moba if anyone but Tencent was involved.

I'm not disappointed we aren't getting anything new this year because Pokemon has been trash for a very long time.

It needs to take a very long while off.

GF need to learn how to code a game, hire some added help and stop ramming the mobile market so full of games. We had three Pokemon mobile titles announced in two weeks. Stop it.

Also get out of bed with Tencent.

I want LG Johto, I actually enjoyed LG Pikachu and Eevee, but that's saying something when the one game you've enjoyed of a franchise in recent memory was a remake of a twenty year old game.

I've never had a problem with game companies taking time to iron out the kinks in their games.

Ultimately I've got a huge back log of games to play in the meantime & I'd much prefer a polished finished game after a couple years that doesn't need patches & updates than a rushed one every year for the sake of production.

It's not exactly like the older Pokemon games are unplayable either so I'll happily replay HGSS & DP,Plat if I need to until the time comes that remakes are made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom