• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver(the Official Thread)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Well, here I am with some news:

-Eusine from pokémon also appears in a sidestory revolving around the 3 legendary beasts

- The level 1 members of the dragon trio, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina know: Metal burst, Hydro Pump and Shadow sneak, respectively.

-There are 9 new touch screen based mini games.

-It is also said that latios, latias and mewtwo will be available in-game.

-Confirmation of Lugia and Ho-Oh at level 45.

-Confirmation of Red Gyarados return at level 30(yes, they are gonna put it in, after all)

Kazumi

chagy
Pfft SK copy and pasted. Eh. Nothing much interesting new at the moment. But information from CoroCoro is just coming in, so I would expect a lot more in the next couple of days. They sure are filling HGSS up with Legendaries. First we have Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, then the Dragon Trio, now Latios and Latias. Plus all of the Johto legends. I expected Mewtwo to be in it already. Gah. I was hoping for no Red Gyarados. I dread the days after HGSS is released, and the GTS is just clogged with freaking Shiny Gyaradoses. Well, I'll just wait for a while till more CoroCoro scans come in.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
It's great that they're remaking these two classic Pokemon gaames, i remember playing these when i was only little, I heard that some of the event Pokemon from Diamond, Pearl and platinum will also be available, such as Arceus, which opens up a hidden area and allows you to chose one of the legendary trio's e.g Entei, Raikou, Suicune

hsb39

Why so logical?
Well, here I am with some news:

-Eusine from pokémon also appears in a sidestory revolving around the 3 legendary beasts

- The level 1 members of the dragon trio, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina know: Metal burst, Hydro Pump and Shadow sneak, respectively.

-There are 9 new touch screen based mini games.

-It is also said that latios, latias and mewtwo will be available in-game.

-Confirmation of Lugia and Ho-Oh at level 45.

-Confirmation of Red Gyarados return at level 30(yes, they are gonna put it in, after all)

- Metal Burst Dialga WOOT!
- Shadow Sneak Giratina... Watch out Attack Deoxys.
- Hydro Pump Palkia... Meh.
- They now have every legend in 4th gen.
- I have a now useless Shiny Magikarp.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
A ton more news to be added:)

here they are:

-The Red Gyarados will still be at level 30, located in the lake of rage.

-When surfing, the sprite used in D/P/Pt will be used:(

-The Touch screen mini games are called the Pokéathlon(as in: Poké triathlon or marathon or so)

-The evaluation of the mini games ranges several criteria, much like the Contests.
Those criteria are: Speed, Stamina, Power and Jump.

- for those who were or will be present at the Poké Tour Parties raging across Japan, they'll have the oppurtunity of playing a demo of the games.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Also Skull Kid, you can register two items (like say, Bike and Super Rod).

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
True, and here are some more fresh news.

-The Item Finder will also be in the touch screen menu, along with the phone, radio and map.

- Two pokeathlon events are the Shooting Arrow, wich is basicly a snowball fight, and Ring Out Fight, wich is kinda like Sumo Wrestling

hsb39

Why so logical?
True, and here are some more fresh news.

-The Item Finder will also be in the touch screen menu, along with the phone, radio and map.

- Two pokeathlon events are the Shooting Arrow, wich is basicly a snowball fight, and Ring Out Fight, wich is kinda like Sumo Wrestling

I like that they are putting minigames in, a nice distraction from the competitive environment.

Also, before I said to you that Giratina-O was failing, but I should be fair and say that it is now finding a niche, as an offensive spinblocker, and a special sweeper that can 1v1 a Blissey, mainly due to Seismic Toss immunity.

I don't know if you already stated this but if you get a Japanese version, You get a item bundled with it called the Poke Walker, It is a Pedometer that connects to your DS through wireless connection, You can then store a pokemon on it and as you walk it gains experience and its Happiness rises.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I havn't played my Platinum in a few months, but I will start playing again for these. I loved Johto, and I'm so happy that they have finally re-made these awesome games. Amen.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I don't know if you already stated this but if you get a Japanese version, You get a item bundled with it called the Poke Walker, It is a Pedometer that connects to your DS through wireless connection, You can then store a pokemon on it and as you walk it gains experience and its Happiness rises.

I think that chances are it will be in the English one too.

Comes out in Japan soon people, that's when we get things like new moves (remember DP when Scizor didn't have Bullet Punch?), and move tutors.

I'm surprised no one has (apparently) posted this yet. So I figured I would. It looks like the American/European logos for the games have been released. I got these images from IGN.

Heart Gold
pokemon-heart-gold-version.jpg

Soul Silver
pokemon-heart-gold-version-.jpg

Also, there are a couple of gameplay images I found on there to be quite interesting. It looks like they are fully 3D videos or scenes of Ho-oh and Lugia, possibly when you meet them or perhaps in the intro. Either way, they are awesome.

Ho-oh
pokemon-heart-gold-soul-silver-s-1.jpg

Lugia
pokemon-heart-gold-soul-silver-scre.jpg

hsb39

Why so logical?
They're out in Japan really soon, and then we get the info on move tutors!

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
To get the dragon trio you must transfer the 12th movie event arceus from platnum to gold or silver

Another movie event is the pikachu colored pichu, when transfered you get the notched ear pichu that sadly can evolve.

the games have been comfirmed for spring 2010

Any pokemon can be your partner pokemon 1-493 just as long as its in the first slot thingy.

P.S. I'm getting Soul Silver

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom