• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver(the Official Thread)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Since I reached the image limit, I had to do this, sorry

PokéWalker page translation

TranslatedPokemonOfficialWebsite-14.jpg

Famichudan scan

FinalMagazineTranslation1.jpg

Famitsu scan

famitsu-2fix.jpg

hsb39

Why so logical?
Very exited now.

I'm curious as to what is west of National Park, Battle Frontier or Pal Park maybe?

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Well here's some more HeartGold & SoulSilver stuff. This'll probably be it till the next volume of CoroCoro magazine comes out next month.

picture.php

We now know that more than just your starter pokemon follows you around. In fact, there have been screenshots of Steelix, Wobbuffet and Kecleon following you around.
Also the image of Gold at the side might just have been put there by the magazine or it might actually appear when you talk to your pokemon. (Much like in Yellow, but with an image)

picture.php

Next up is a clearer image of Arceus and Cynthia. Apparently the event involving these two allows you to get either a Dialga, a Palkia or a Girantina. So it's all by personal preference. [Edit] Also they will be at Level 1 once you choose one.

And finally, the best image of them all:
picture.php

We finally see the boxart for HeartGold and SoulSilver. The boxes are bigger than usual because of the PokeWalker peripheral. However this is the Japanese box art so it might be different for other regions, and the PokeWalker might be Japan only.

Now the boxes feature Ho-oh for HG and Lugia for SS and if you look closely, for each one there's a map of Johto in the background. For HeartGold the Tin Tower is being focused on while for SoulSilver the Whirl Islands are being focused on.

Last edited:

hsb39

Why so logical?
Just want to note, Link Almighty, that it's not all bad having the legends at Lvl.1, and if you are just given them, it makes getting shinies/good IVs easier.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Not many news, the main news are that, while the Pokémon follows you, it can eventually find some items, such as berries, like when you took a stroll in Amity Square with your cute Pokémons in D/P/Pt

I'm really liking the direction of this game

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I´m really looking forward to those games! I´m actually playing through Pokémon Silver right now. It´s my first Pokémon experience ever and I absolutely adore it :) (although I have to admit that it took some gyms before I really understood the greatness). Soul Silver is a game I most definitely will not miss, it´s gonna be awesome to compare it to the Silver I play right now.

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Just want to note, Link Almighty, that it's not all bad having the legends at Lvl.1, and if you are just given them, it makes getting shinies/good IVs easier.

I wasn't saying that having the legendaries at level 1 is bad, I was telling the people who read it that they will have to train them up if they want them to be powerful.

Anyways, as said before, there probably won't be any new information on them till next month but here's a nice map of Johto just cause it looks nice:
picture.php

hsb39

Why so logical?
I wasn't saying that having the legendaries at level 1 is bad, I was telling the people who read it that they will have to train them up if they want them to be powerful.

Anyways, as said before, there probably won't be any new information on them till next month but here's a nice map of Johto just cause it looks nice:
picture.php

There was a little implication that it was bad ("a lot of training"). I don't really think that that deserved a neg rep.

Back on topic: I wonder whether, since the Pokemon follow you, you will see them using HMs, and what I really hope is that you Surf on the actual Pokemon. Imagine Surfing on something like a Kyogre or Snorlax, on the flipside, what about a Goldeen...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
There was a little implication that it was bad ("a lot of training"). I don't really think that that deserved a neg rep.

Back on topic: I wonder whether, since the Pokemon follow you, you will see them using HMs, and what I really hope is that you Surf on the actual Pokemon. Imagine Surfing on something like a Kyogre or Snorlax, on the flipside, what about a Goldeen...

I don't think that the HM stuff will be seeable... it'll probably work like in previous games, a black backgrounded stripe appears on the screen, you see the pokémon and hear it's cry.

I am starting to consider the fact that the games may NOT have a Pal Park...
In my opinion, everything revealed points towards that direction.

Sidenote: Lvl 1 legendaries will be awesome, even though you can only get one.
That way you can EV train them from the start

hsb39

Why so logical?
I don't think that the HM stuff will be seeable... it'll probably work like in previous games, a black backgrounded stripe appears on the screen, you see the pokémon and hear it's cry.

I am starting to consider the fact that the games may NOT have a Pal Park...
In my opinion, everything revealed points towards that direction.

Sidenote: Lvl 1 legendaries will be awesome, even though you can only get one.
That way you can EV train them from the start

One can always hope with the HMs.

It's relieving because I thought that the idea of a Lvl. 1 Legend was cool with Regigigas, but, it was Regigigas, easily the worst legend in the game, and quite competitively outclassed by many things, even it's good defensive stats don't have the movepool to support them (and there are already a plethora of defensively adept normal types).

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
i will probably choose Dialga, because it's by far my favorite of the three(unless they make it able to Giratina hold the Griseous Orb thus resetting to the Origin Forme:))
Oh, and I like Regigas, and I don't that he is that bad, with a decent, well thought moveset, he has the potential of being devastative.
he just has to endure the first 5 turns.
In my opinion the Psychic trio is far more useless...

hsb39

Why so logical?
i will probably choose Dialga, because it's by far my favorite of the three(unless they make it able to Giratina hold the Griseous Orb thus resetting to the Origin Forme:))
Oh, and I like Regigas, and I don't that he is that bad, with a decent, well thought moveset, he has the potential of being devastative.
he just has to endure the first 5 turns.
In my opinion the Psychic trio is far more useless...

Regigigas will not survive 5 turns in the competitive environment, it is all about switching. It's set up fodder.

Azelf competes with Metagross as the most used lead. So, Azelf is one of the best non-Uber legendaries there are.

The Tina will be able to turn into Origin Form. I really wish that they didn't make it have a set hold item, it could have been so much better if it could have been Choiced.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I know that Regigigas doesn't survive enough in competitive, but, I had a Regi fun team in my diamond and it beated the crap out of my last year's room mate(I was at a fraternity" a lot of time, even though I'm not in the university.

I didn't know that Azelf was that good, as I almost never see him being used, unlike MetaGross.

The Origin Forme issues, well, the item that makes him transform, at least gives nice boosts

This game really seems to be coming together. So far it is everything that I want in a pokemon game. I thought that it was awesome when they said your starter could follow you, but now it is 10 more times as awesome that it can be any pokemon.

I really like the direction of more customization that this game is taking. If there is one thing that I say the other pokemon games lack is customization.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I know that Regigigas doesn't survive enough in competitive, but, I had a Regi fun team in my diamond and it beated the crap out of my last year's room mate(I was at a fraternity" a lot of time, even though I'm not in the university.

I didn't know that Azelf was that good, as I almost never see him being used, unlike MetaGross.

The Origin Forme issues, well, the item that makes him transform, at least gives nice boosts

If you ever watch a competitive battle you'd see the switching. What should be also noted, is that it is not like it has 80 Atk and 50 Spd, it is less, as EVs are halved too.

Azelf fits the current lead metagame perfectly, it can set up rocks, Taunt others, hit hard, and Explode. Although I won't use it because I hate how leads are now.

The best thing about Origin's item is actually Trick immunity, using TrickScarf Darkrai as setup fodder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom