• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver(the Official Thread)

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
I've got some weird news, from the magazine CoroCoro, they released some details about HG & SS, but the scans of it were not so clear. But an image of the male and female trainers was shown. What's weird is that while the male trainer is still Gold, the female trainer is no longer Crystal.

Here's the image from Serebii.net
picture.php

As you can see, Gold is still here, but where's Crystal?

What do you think about this everyone?

hsb39

Why so logical?
I told you people... A week in advance, no one believed me, I told you about the anouncement... *wimper*.

Wait... I can't be sad! Gold Silver Remake!!!

I don't like the names of these remakes, but I'm curious how these new games will be. I hope they don't create more of those stupid pokemon you can only get in events and that the newer generations are not dominating the game.
I really liked the old silver/gold and I still play them sometimes. I liked the fact that you can go to kanto to explore a completly new world and if Nintendo also adds the hoen and sinnoh region i'm the happiest pokemonfan ever :P.

They won't add new Pokemon, only possibly new forms.

You serious?! I didn't knew that. Gotta google info about this one.
I hope you can transfer pokes with multiple game ID's to that.

Edit: OMG i looked for info at the official nintendo site, apperantly you can transfer from 8 different Game ID's.
Yay, now i may concider to buy Soulsilver or HeartGold. :D

And thnx for telling this Skull_Kid

Yeah, Pokemon Ranch is much better than Box... and less expensive, the Mew is pretty awesome too.

I hope that HG/SS has a Rapid Spin Tutor, when the top then leads are Stealth Rock leads, you know that there is something wrong with the metagame.

@LinkAlmighty: About Serebii, it's the best news site, but beware, the competitive battle stuff (namely Pokemon of the Week), is pretty crappy, I can show you how they are pretty flawed, and a bit lazy with it if you want.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
yeah Serebii, people who take the game serious (like EV training) visit that site.
They got a lot of serious information. Basicly they figured out the system of the pokemon games.

But pokemon of the week and other stuff, i don't check that out.
Most of the time i check the pokedex there and item locations.

hsb39

Why so logical?
yeah Serebii, people who take the game serious (like EV training) visit that site.
They got a lot of serious information. Basicly they figured out the system of the pokemon games.

But pokemon of the week and other stuff, i don't check that out.
Most of the time i check the pokedex there and item locations.

Trust me, Serebii is essentially getting their competitive stuff from Smogon, and not doing it as well.

If you want to do it the serious way, smogon is the best by quite a bit. I should warn you though, they may be good, but not as good as they think that they are, as they are ridiculously pretentious and up themselves, somehow thinking that they are the greatest gift to the internet.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

This makes me pretty excited. I had sort of decided long ago that they wouldn't ever actually make this, but now they are and I'm happy! I have played and beaten at least one game from every generation except second; I was trying to play Crystal for that, but the save file doesn't work unless you go through the long process of replacing the battery that you probably can't find anywhere.

I wished they made a "Pokémon Box" for the wii. They made one for the GC a long time ago. It wasn't exactly a game but rather an expension to store your pokemon, with a few extra's.
They already did that. It's a WiiWare game called My Pokemon Ranch. You can download it for, I think, ten dollars. You can only return the Pokemon to the same game, though. I think they had to release some update to make it Platinum-compatible, so they might need another one that makes it compatible with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

hsb39

Why so logical?
They already did that. It's a WiiWare game called My Pokemon Ranch. You can download it for, I think, ten dollars. You can only return the Pokemon to the same game, though. I think they had to release some update to make it Platinum-compatible, so they might need another one that makes it compatible with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

They may, but there is a good chance that they'll only do that if there are new forms.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
They were announced for the NINTENDO DS, and, of course there won't be a Crystal remake, like there was no Yellow remake.
I didn't mention the platform because I thought it was unnecessary to.

But yes, Nintendo DS is gonna get two more awesome games, for those who complain about the lack of HARDCORE GAMES on it

Oh, sorry I didn't know. >.<
Well, thanks for the information. And yes, I agree with you there Smitie, I hate all that "Only event Pokemon", espically since there are no events in Australia. >_<

The walking around with Pokemon behind you looks cool by the way. ^^

@Serebii stuff: Yeah, serebii is a pretty good Pokemon site, except it is a bit too crowded.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Oh, sorry I didn't know. >.<
Well, thanks for the information. And yes, I agree with you there Smitie, I hate all that "Only event Pokemon", espically since there are no events in Australia. >_<

The walking around with Pokemon behind you looks cool by the way. ^^

@Serebii stuff: Yeah, serebii is a pretty good Pokemon site, except it is a bit too crowded.

Another Ozzy! Yay, we exist! And you feel my eventless pain as well (although recently it's been the best, we got Manaphy and Darkrai).

Serebii is still pretty flawed on the POTW, when there are already guides out there with more stuff, they know about smogon, and could have at least read the smogon article.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I was wondering something. What happens when your starter evolves? I can remember if pikachu evolved into raichu it didn't follow you anymore.

@shellshocker: There was 1 darkrai event here, but then I had to go to a themepark (and pay a 28 euro ticket!) and stand in a line of young kids for hours to get a stupid pixle animal. The total embarresment of being at a pokemon event at the age of 19 is too much for me :P. I rather have super rare pokemon in the game that randomly appear in the land like entei or raikou

hsb39

Why so logical?
I was wondering something. What happens when your starter evolves? I can remember if pikachu evolved into raichu it didn't follow you anymore.

@shellshocker: There was 1 darkrai event here, but then I had to go to a themepark (and pay a 28 euro ticket!) and stand in a line of young kids for hours to get a stupid pixle animal. The total embarresment of being at a pokemon event at the age of 19 is too much for me :P. I rather have super rare pokemon in the game that randomly appear in the land like entei or raikou

You've never seen a comp have you? 19 isn't old there.

I should note that Darkrai has a huge impact on the Uber metagame (#2 Lead after Speed Deoxys), where Entei and Raikou don't have that much impact (well... if Raikou is let into UU Substitute Calm Mind sets create havok). Entei is outclassed by a lot of other Fires.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Yeah, that's why I kept my Pikachu, well, at least till it learnt Thunder. Maybe the Pokemon first in your party will follow you.

Smitie said:
Haha! I can just imagine you standing over all these little kids angrily waiting in a line. :P

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I've got some weird news, from the magazine CoroCoro, they released some details about HG & SS, but the scans of it were not so clear. But an image of the male and female trainers was shown. What's weird is that while the male trainer is still Gold, the female trainer is no longer Crystal.

Here's the image from Serebii.net
picture.php

As you can see, Gold is still here, but where's Crystal?

What do you think about this everyone?

I don't like the look of the female trainer... she looks dorky...
It's amazing how the game is still so faraway, maybe even more than Spirit Tracks, but there's much more info going around. Spirit Tracks seems completely forgotten, by now.

Anyways, I have Darkrai's to distribute, as well as the Toys'r'us Regigas, some 10th anniversary pokémon, some from Ranch, and some pokémon from other parties and conventions.
I am willing to trade'em.

On a side note...

It has been confirmed that Kanto will be in!
The Release date in Japan is 11 of September
There will be a Platinum-like GTS

and here's a bigger scan, look at the screenshots on the back

DVC00008.jpg

Another edit:

DVC00022.jpg

Pichu seems to be following you... maybe the first pokémon in your party follows you, the game seems really cute

DVC00016.jpg

Last edited:

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Actually, Serebii.net confirmed that September 11th is a fake date, as well as the rumored use of a skateboard is also fake. What has now been shown is the touchscreen for HGSS.

picture.php

As you can see, it appears that not just the Pokegear is on here, but rather the entire menu, from Pokemon to Options, so it seems that at this point all the menu features including the Pokegear (which is not shown yet because the image is probably before you get it) will be all touched based.

That seems pretty cool to me, this way I won't have to remember that the menu is the X button and not start, and I won't have to look at the time all the time llike with the watch in D/P/Pt.

And yes, these games seem to be dishing out more info, and recieving more hype than Spirit Tracks, which just shows how popular the 2nd gen was.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Actually, Serebii.net confirmed that September 11th is a fake date, as well as the rumored use of a skateboard is also fake. What has now been shown is the touchscreen for HGSS.

picture.php

As you can see, it appears that not just the Pokegear is on here, but rather the entire menu, from Pokemon to Options, so it seems that at this point all the menu features including the Pokegear (which is not shown yet because the image is probably before you get it) will be all touched based.

That seems pretty cool to me, this way I won't have to remember that the menu is the X button and not start, and I won't have to look at the time all the time llike with the watch in D/P/Pt.

And yes, these games seem to be dishing out more info, and recieving more hype than Spirit Tracks, which just shows how popular the 2nd gen was.

I always thought that the release date was suspicious...
And they're probably gonna be released before Spirit Tracks(I hope they don't release the 3 of them in the same month, or I'll go berserk)

There have also been rumours of a skateboard, and I'm 99% sure they're fake.
That kind of rumours also appeared before Gold/Silver were released, and the person who started it was a moron, for sure.

I like how the touch screen is used for the main menu, it gives the games real smoothness of control, imo

I heard about them a while ago on Serebii.net.
I really would like to play the old Pokemon games, so I guess I am a little excited.
I haven't really researched much about it though. I should start doing that now. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom