• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver(the Official Thread)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
To be honest, i saw this sorta coming because there where rumors that nintendo leaked some info about these remakes a long time ago.

Yeah its cool and all but, the main thing i don't like is that if i buy it, all of my Pokés are in Diamond. I wished they made a "Pokémon Box" for the wii. They made one for the GC a long time ago. It wasn't exactly a game but rather an expension to store your pokemon, with a few extra's.

Oni, there is already a Pokémon Box for the Wii, it's Called "My Pokémon Ranch, and it is a wiiware "game".

I don't like the names of these remakes, but I'm curious how these new games will be. I hope they don't create more of those stupid pokemon you can only get in events and that the newer generations are not dominating the game.
I really liked the old silver/gold and I still play them sometimes. I liked the fact that you can go to kanto to explore a completly new world and if Nintendo also adds the hoen and sinnoh region i'm the happiest pokemonfan ever :P.

I also don't like the names, but, who cares? Everyone knows they'll end up being called pokemon Gold DS and Silver DS. lol.
Celebii will be an event pokémon, most certainly. It has been an event pokémon since the beggining(unless in Japan, where it came in the Bonus Disc of pokémon Colosseum, if you pre-ordered it(we got Jirachi, who was also on Pokémon Channel), so, apart from that instance, it was only obtainable via event or cheating)

I will buy it as soon as it is released in the USA, and most certainly, I'll play the Japanese version in my flashcart

I also don't like the names, but, who cares? Everyone knows they'll end up being called pokemon Gold DS and Silver DS. lol.
Celebii will be an event pokémon, most certainly. It has been an event pokémon since the beggining(unless in Japan, where it came in the Bonus Disc of pokémon Colosseum, if you pre-ordered it

I'm really not so fond of the names either. I think they could have easily came up with something much better. But the "heart" and "soul" titles may come into play during the game once some extra stuff is added on. Maybe they consider Gold and Silver to be the "heart and soul" of Pokemon. At least I do, as they were my favorite games.

As for the Celebi thing, I was almost certain that you were able to catch one in the Japanese version of Crystal. You would do something like putting a GS ball into the Shrine in the Elix Forest. I know they took this feature out of the American release of the game, but you could still get a GS ball via Gameshark, though it didn't do anything.

I think they should add this feature to these new releases, and not make the pokemon as hard to catch. I mean really, how many people actually go to these events? What I done with Diamond is use an Action Replay to get the event items, then go catch the pokemon as I would if I had gotten the item from the event. But I believe it would be much better to acquire the item during gameplay, maybe after having to trade and item from a completed opposite version or something big like that.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I"ve never played Gold and Silver, but I do think these games will be wice as good as platinum. That is, if they stop making pokemon. 493 is enough.

Oh man, I cannot wait for these. I had Pokemon Blue first, when I was really young, but I never really got into the games until I got Crystal. It was so awesome. There were so many things to do, it had awesome pokemon, and it's overall feel was just... awesome.

I played Leaf Green, but I must say, I wasn't extremely impressed with the updates. The Sevii Islands were ok, but that was the only really good update, besides the graphics. I certainly hope these games aren't just Gold and Silver with a few tweaks, but are only the same games in the loosest sense; by that I mean that they should keep the same area, and pokemon, but change up the plot and add in some more/new legendaries, and just change things up a bit.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Oni, there is already a Pokémon Box for the Wii, it's Called "My Pokémon Ranch, and it is a wiiware "game"

You serious?! I didn't knew that. Gotta google info about this one.
I hope you can transfer pokes with multiple game ID's to that.

Edit: OMG i looked for info at the official nintendo site, apperantly you can transfer from 8 different Game ID's.
Yay, now i may concider to buy Soulsilver or HeartGold. :D

And thnx for telling this Skull_Kid

Cheesy names needs a Boogey Dance!!

Man I am so excited about this as well. I can't hardly wait.
I know they are similar to remakes but but, still, having them with what pokémon has become in the latest games sounds awesome!

I only owned the Crystal version and I am so fond of it.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
This is my favourite generation of Pokemon, and I can't wait for its release. I hope that it also comes with the Kanto league and not just the Johto. Plus, I don't need to see any plot addons, but I wouldn't mind them adding Nintendo Wifi or adding all the stuff cut out from the Kanto league. I'ed love the Bug Catching comptetition avilable for Wifi Multiplayer. However, I want to see 251 Pokemon, not 498. Perhaps the PokeGear can be on the bottom screen?

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
I just heard about it earlier today on my fav Pokemon website (serebii.net) and I nearly jumped out of my chair.

Pokemon had almost lost me, while I love Platinum, I was seriously dreading the next 100 something Pokemon of the fifth gen. I had just resigned to only getting another Pokemon game if it were a game with all 4 lands and everything, possibly for Wii due to the amount of space this would require. But then they show this, and now they've got me again, darn you Gamefreak!

But anyways, I can't wait, I loved Gold (never had Silver) and since my Gold died, I've beem hoping for a remake. Hopefully they'll fix somethings up such as the dryness of Kanto and some other small things here and there.

I like the name SoulSilver, sounds profound. But HEARTGold?:huh: Seriously...Heart? I was hoping for something a bit more cool sounding, I don't really know where they got Heart from...and they even made a heart out of Ho-Ho's wings...I like what they did with Silver better. But that's just my humble opinion.

And I guess this means no Yellow remake for sure now...-.- oh well. I doubt there'll be a Crystal one though. But I'm still happy that Gold and Silver are finally getting remade and I hope it turns out great.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Silver was probably my favorite Pokemon of all; I dunno why, but I just enjoyed the game more than most. Even though my fav. Pokemans have been in the 3rd gen.

I personally can't wait for this game:

1 - Its a new Pokemans game!!

2 - I need some new games for my DS; badly...

:P

Kazumi

chagy
Hey everyone, as you may know "last night" was the Pokemon Variety Show. In Japan. And, they announced the exsistence of the games, again, and, showed us some images. Yay. Let us see.

newbark1.jpg

Here we see Gold walking around New Bark Town, with a Chikorita following him! Cool..

A couple other images of the same thing can be found here.

Also, there is some artwork of the starters, which you can also find on that site. Cool, eh?

Images are from Serebii.net

Shnappy

derp
I've been wanting something like this ever since Diamond and Pearl came out. I am probably gonna get Soulsilver right when it comes out, it is going to be a great game.

Hey everyone, as you may know "last night" was the Pokemon Variety Show. In Japan. And, they announced the exsistence of the games, again, and, showed us some images. Yay. Let us see.

newbark1.jpg

Here we see Gold walking around New Bark Town, with a Chikorita following him! Cool..

A couple other images of the same thing can be found here.

Also, there is some artwork of the starters, which you can also find on that site. Cool, eh?

Images are from Serebii.net
Is this what I think it is? You can have a Pokemon following you! This was one HUGE reason why I loved Yellow so much and I hope that we really can have Pokemon following us in HG and SS.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Yes, it seems that your starter follows you around, like in Yellow, wich I think it's very cute:)

Also, to give you more visual candies:

tpicopokmon01.jpg

There's the rival, and New Bark looks just like in G/S/C.

and, here's a video, revealed at the Pokémon Sunday(10th of may)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Mm75hxX7Q

Also, concerning the names, I really prefered the names that Nintendo originally copyrighted(Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver), but, I don't care about names, all I want is to play'em

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom