• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Dungeon Tournament #1

Kybyrian

Alright, folks, it's time for the first tournament hosted here at the forums for Pokémon Dungeon! In this thread I'll lay out some simple rules for the tournament and allow you all to sign up and begin preparing you teams!

First, refer to our Competitive Information thread for everything you need to know about EVs, IVs, Natures, Team Construction, and more. If you're a newbie you may be able to enjoy yourself by getting in some competitive experience for this tournament!

The tournament will be hosted through the battle simulation client Pokemon Online. Go to this page, click "Download" in the top right, and follow the instructions on the website. When you launch the client, click the "Team Builder" button. Set your information in the "Trainer" and "Team" tabs.

To build your team, input the name of the Pokemon you want to use next to the blue Pokeball in the top left. You can set "Nickname" and "Item" on the left side as well. Click the "Advanced" tab below your Pokemon's image and make sure you select "side window" to view ability and more. The bars in the top-middle of the layout are EVs. You can assign a max of 510. The bottom bar shows how many you have remaining. 4 EVs invested in a stat raise it by 1 point. The bottom-middle is a full list of available moves and 4 boxes for which ones you would like to choose. The "Nature" tab next to your Pokemon sprite allows you to set the nature. You can also set nature according to stats by right-clicking to the very left of the numbers on the EV bars for a lowered stat, and left-clicking for a heightened stat. On the very right, you can set Gender, Ability, IVs, and Hidden Power Type. Hidden Power Type should only be a concern if you are using the move "Hidden Power". IVs should not be changed unless you are specializing for a particular set (i.e. 0 speed IVs for Gyro Ball). You can see the effect of an ability by hovering over it. Refer to this post for an example of a completely filled-out Team Builder section.

Experiment with some different strategies you can use to know what works with your team. You can find tier information at Smogon. Clicking on a Pokemon's name also shows in-depth information on that Pokemon, as well as some strategies you can experiment with! I suggest that you first-timers check this out because it will help a lot if you plan on joining in on the tournament.

Rules
Clauses-
Sleep Clause - May not put more than one opponent Pokemon to sleep at a time
Freeze Clause - May not freeze more than one opponent Pokemon at a time
Self KO Clause - If you use a suicide move as the last move of the match, opponent wins
Species Clause - 2 or more of the same Pokemon may not be used on a single team

Guidelines-
Battles are in the OU Tier. You may only use Pokemon in the OU Tier or lower.
Post in this thread to sign up
Have your team ready by April 13
When announcing the victor of a matchup, both battlers must confirm in the tournament thread

Signup cap will be determined by me. Currently we'll just see how many people want to join. Post in this thread if you wish to participate. We must have an even number of participants for a ladder tournament style.

List of Competitors
  • Kybyrian
  • darkvaati99
  • Kazumi (looking for replacement or delay)
  • LegendOfTwili
  • monkeyfightsquad
  • PK Flash
  • Kevin
  • Durion
  • Rachel
  • Pokemon
  • Dustin681
  • MarkaenShoque92
  • domo
  • Killjoy_Mario
  • magiclink
  • Zenox

Prizes
200px-494Victini.png

1st place - UT Lv50 Eind Victini
ビクティニ
Victory Star
Bashful
アイント / 04161
IVs: 20/6/18/16/24/22
Moveset:
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Fusion Flare
- Searing Shot

This Victini was given to myself by our forum member K4KING. It was received from the Japanese movie event and knows both of its signature moves as well as the signature moves of the boxart legendaries of Pokémon Black and White. You must have a Pokémon Black/White copy to receive this prize.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

So.. wait, are we battling on that website? or what?

Battles will be conducted through Pokémon Online's client. Go to their website and click the "Download" button. Follow the setup instructions and launch the program.

Click the "Team Builder" button
oxM1

Fill in your info here
oxN2

oxNz

Then build your team like so, filling in all the necessary fields. If you have more trouble with Pokemon Online, check out their website for more details. The battles will be conducted through the "Go Online" option on the Pokemon Online server.

Kybyrian

Are we allowed to change the IV's to change the type of our Hidden Powers?

Yes, but you can simply set the Hidden Power type to the one you desire and it will modify your IVs as necessary.

Updated list of competitors. Lukémon, I put a ? next to your name because I'm not sure if you're registering or not yet.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Unfortunately, I cannot enter, there seems to be some problem with my computer that won't let me download this, it's annoying, since I'm the one who's been waiting for a pokémon tournament most, but I'm gonna have to drop out.

My username is Miller, also I don't get home until 5 pm. so I can only participate unless it's after then

Fig

The Altruist
Sign me up. My username is Pokemon Trainer Fig. I only get home after 6:30 pm on weekdays, so I can only compete after that time. Also can you explain me what the OU tier means?

Kybyrian

Sign me up. My username is Pokemon Trainer Fig. I only get home after 6:30 pm on weekdays, so I can only compete after that time. Also can you explain me what the OU tier means?

OU means "Overused". These are Pokemon that are used commonly in the game. The point of saying "Overused" is that you can only use Pokémon in that tier or lower. You can find information on tiers in Smogon:

Tiers (B/W) - Smogon University - Tiers List
OU (B/W) - Smogon University - Overused Tier Pokémon List

In an OU tier tournament, all Pokemon above the OU tier (meaning all those listed in the Uber tier) are banned. You can use all Pokemon in the OU, BL, UU, RU, etc. tiers as listed on Smogon. When viewing the information on a Pokemon on Smogon, like Lugia (B/W) - Smogon University (replace the "lugia" with your Pokemon's name), the tier of that Pokemon will be shown in the upper right. In my example, Lugia is listed as Uber and therefore banned in this tournament.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I'm game for this, add me. It would be handy if we could all be sent emails via a mailing list as well.

I'll sign up, although I'm at a fairly huge disadvantage, not knowing all of the good Black and White pokemon n' all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom