• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon 5th Generation

I grew up with Pokemon and although the original 151 will always be the best, I welcome new Pokemon games and characters with open arms. They never fail to make a handheld game that is just as enjoyable as it's predecessors. Each game is unique but the same and I love that I can play a new game at 20 years of age and feel just as giddy as I did when I played the original games at the age of 8.

If they didn't try to make new games or new Pokemon then I would be disappointed because it wouldn't be fresh. I do agree that there are way too many legendary Pokemon. There might as well be as many legendary as there are regular. They have like 3-6 per generation for crying out loud.
I agree with you. The original generation were definitely the best, but there's nothing wrong with them making new ones. They're all good enough, if you ask me.

Nintendo will probably keep making new generations of Pokemon for as long as it sells. Going with that, I don't particularly expect to see an end to it anytime soon. It could keep going on as long as Zelda even. That wouldn't surprise me very much at all.

Oh, wait, I know what you mean, yeah, I'm not even sure if I see a new Console from Nintendo for awhile, maybe even ever. Well, I can see a Wii HD and a couple hundred versions of the DS (If they already have five, why not have more?) but I'm not sure Nintendo are going to make more, they probably believe they've perfected gaming, honestly I think they just strayed away from the classic format.

Anyway, back on topic, Yeah, It will be on the DS, and no, they aren't going to make any new consoles, unless it's an HD Wii or another new DS.
Hmm? That's an unusual statement. Never heard someone say something like that before... :?

Where do you form that theory from? Nintendo has always kept making new systems, always. I don't really see why they'd change it. Particularly, the idea of them stopping seems unlikely because it'll literally kill them financially. The other companies are going to go make new consoles, and if Nintendo doesn't they'll lose business and frankly probably fail after not too long.

There aren't 150 animal species in the world. Tons more. Even if most are bugs and birds. But I think that's the whole idea that Nintendo are going with, and giving each a living habitat and whatnot. As far as evolution I think that they're still trying to slowly bring in a standard for evolution. As in each regular pokemon has a strand of a three pokemon evolution tree and then the exceptions of branches in places and whatnot.

As long as there are more fire types to chose from than Gen4 I won't be raging too much.

Steve

5/19/13
It's good to see that we are finally seeing the fifth generation. I have never been a huge fan of the series, however, I always get one game of each generation since it is always a new experience. I cross my fingers though that this won't be exclusive to DSi, or else Nintendo would have lost some respect from me. I don't imagine them doing that for one of their largest franchise, though, so for now I can only wait.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Very much looking forward to this, just hoping that it comes after my HSC (end of 2010) in Australia. Pokemon designs have gone down, but I think that many things have improved, the biggest one being competitive. Gen 2 brought in breeding, hold items and 2 new types (to nerf Psychics), Gen 3 brought EV limits that made you have to choose your EVs and Special Abilities (which I love) and Gen 4 brought the new physical special split, made Choice items a much larger part of the game, made entry hazards a much larger part of the game and also made EV training infinitely easier. Who knows what we'll get this time? Things will probably get more even and we'll get a new exciting strategy. Can't wait.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Personally I do think they slowly went downhill after Gen. II. GS was great, at least they're making a remake of them (finally). I like DPP, but the games are just flat-out too large. Seriously, already nearly 500, and as of right now the strongest Pokemon is Arceus. Arceus is the GOD of all Pokemon, what can they make now that can be the strongest over the god?

hsb39

Why so logical?
Personally I do think they slowly went downhill after Gen. II. GS was great, at least they're making a remake of them (finally). I like DPP, but the games are just flat-out too large. Seriously, already nearly 500, and as of right now the strongest Pokemon is Arceus. Arceus is the GOD of all Pokemon, what can they make now that can be the strongest over the god?

Put simply I like how it improves the strategy, it's very complex. One needs a good understanding of all of the Pokemon in order to play properly.

And as for Arceus, they built it appropriately: 120 base everything, amazing movepool and the ability to change its type. Good thing that when it does do something, very often there will be something in Ubers that can do that specific job better at least in some way, so its versatility is its greatest asset. (And the awesome Swords Dance set).

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Why do most people complain that they don't like to see another gen? If you ask me, it just proves how succesfully the pokemon franchise is.
If they stopped making pokemon, kids these days would ask theirselfs "what is pokemon". To keep it fresh they come up with a new gen, and the kids would also be interested in the ealier generations.

I agree with some designs of the 4th gen. like bidoof... i mean come on!!!
With the legendaries i also agree, especialy with the 4th gen, they made too many legendaries on the 4th gen.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Why do most people complain that they don't like to see another gen? If you ask me, it just proves how succesfully the pokemon franchise is.
If they stopped making pokemon, kids these days would ask theirselfs "what is pokemon". To keep it fresh they come up with a new gen, and the kids would also be interested in the ealier generations.

I agree with some designs of the 4th gen. like bidoof... i mean come on!!!
With the legendaries i also agree, especialy with the 4th gen, they made too many legendaries on the 4th gen.

To add to that, Pokemon is the series, like many people's Mario and Zelda, that I started from the start. I want to be able to look back on it and see how it has been consistently great and how adults and kids alike still play it (and let's face it, main game wise, that's very true).

Starchain1

A star
Honestly the way they stretch this game is remarable their gonna run out of poke ideas soon, well I think the next evoultion would be finally a evoultion legendary. This is probaly be of course for the DS or the Wii

Mute

一員
You know, taking a closer look... Zorua's Katakana actually spells out "Zoroa". No idea what caused that.

Unrelated to that, though, I started back during Red and Blue, and I honestly enjoy the more Pokemon they create. I mean, it revolves around capturing the things and I really don't think we could have enough. (Get back to me when there's about 1000 and I might actually change my mind, though.)

As for the mass amount of legendaries, I think they've only increased a lot to show a little diversity from the normal Pokemon. Not to mention give them some things they can feel (mildly) proud about catching. Although, I do think they might have went overboard with how many were in Gen 4, but Sinnoh was a rather large place with quite a bit of a history behind it, so the large amount of them sort of fit in with it.

Of course, I'm not claiming any of these as fact, it's merely an opinion formulated by someone who's a lot more tolerant of the amount of Pokemon than a lot of people seem to be. I'm also looking forward to them revealing more new Pokemon and possibly get some screenshots and gameplay videos of this new game. That probably won't be for awhile, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom