• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon 5th Generation

I doubt they'll make an evolution to Lucario, but Pokemon's team is making a lot of dumb moves (Excluding Heart Gold and Soul Silver) recently. Example was that evolution of Magneton, that was just stupid.

And what exactly do you mean by Console Gen? Like a traditional Pokemon game only 3D and on the Wii? Yeah, they'll never do that, they aren't smart or cool enough for that. They probably don't even know how. I think the most we'll ever get from Pokemon Console games are Pokemon Stadium type things and gimmicks, although Pokemon Coliseum wasn't bad, I liked it for the most part, I just wish my copy wasn't broken.

Oh, wait, I know what you mean, yeah, I'm not even sure if I see a new Console from Nintendo for awhile, maybe even ever. Well, I can see a Wii HD and a couple hundred versions of the DS (If they already have five, why not have more?) but I'm not sure Nintendo are going to make more, they probably believe they've perfected gaming, honestly I think they just strayed away from the classic format.

Anyway, back on topic, Yeah, It will be on the DS, and no, they aren't going to make any new consoles, unless it's an HD Wii or another new DS.

Kazumi

chagy
Oh boy. A Fifth Gen. I totally wanted this more then a PokePark Wii localization. :( I saw this on Serebii a couple of days ago, and I have to say that the silhouette of that new Pokemon looks incredibly stupid. Oh well. Apparently it is going to be revealed fully in the next CoroCoro, which according to Serebii is scheduled to be released on February 15th. Great.

I think that I'll enjoy Heart Gold a bit before going into savage fanboy speculation mode, but that's just me.. I want a PokePark Wii localization.. :<

In a nutshell, the geezers in this comic mimic my exact feelings about Pokemon (just swap the 150/151 with 256). I don't find it necessary for any new Pokemon. Also, Nintendo's getting desperate with some of these legendaries: Time, Space, Light, Dark, Every Human Emotion, Nature, God... the only thing I can think of after that is a rip-off of Cthuhlu the cosmic entity. Also, the evolutions are getting ridiculous. I think they just took every Pokemon from Johto that no one really remembers and just made it look like a clown.

C

celibi88

i must say that silhouette looks stupid but then again gen 4 silhouettes look just as idiotic i'm sure it won't be that bad ;)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Is it just me or am I the only one that's actually excited for Generation 5 of Pokemon? I mean, sure the newer ones don't compare to the 151 originals but still, generation 3 aside, they're pretty fun and original. And actually I welcome whatever fun creative idea Gamefreak is going to throw at us in Generation 5. I grew up on Pokemon and dang it, I'm never going to tire of it.

Ikana

Trollkastel
They are making too many pokemon they need to stop.I like Pokemon but I just wish they stop making more they are running out of ideas.I looked at the new generation pokemon and it looks terrible.I don't even want to see it when its revealed.They are going to evolve all the pokemon I don't want to evolve they ruind tangela with its new and ugly evolved form and the gave Magneton a stupid evolve form.I hope they don't ruin it like they did with some of the sinnoh pokemon.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Back in my day, we only had 150 Pokemon.

Really? In mine, we had 151.

In all honesty, I really don't see what they could do for Legendaries. Sure, they kept the idea going for two generations, and then they decided that it wasn't enough, and that you needed to be able to catch the Land, Sea, and Sky. And then that wasn't enough, so you needed to be able to catch Will, Emotion, Knowlege, Time, Space, Mother Nature...oh, yeah, and God.

2nd gen improved on some problems with the 1st, and 3rd gen was decent, with some good Pokemon and gameplay changes (for examples, improvements to Bug and Ghost types finally kept Psychics from being overpowered). However, 4th gen definitely jumped the shark. Sure, they had some good parts, and while some of the new Pokemon were decent and/or cool-looking (Lucario was a good addition and could stand against Psychics, Gallade looked cool, and Yanmega looked like the forbidden love-child of a dragonfly and a helicopter), but there were a ton of mistakes. Pokemon that only evolve at certain places? What happens in the sequels, Nintendo? Sure, it didn't happen in the other games, but after giving us our Leafeon, couldn't you at least let it evolve with a leaf stone? And Probopass? Really? Lickilicky? The one thing that could have saved that Pokemon for me was ruined when I learned that its name was not pronounced "lih-KILL-ih-kee," but instead, the absoultely ********-sounding "LICK-ee-LICK-ee."

Really, Nintendo. Where can you possibly go with this now?

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I have mixed emotions about this. I'll probably be the same way I was for the 4th generation; excited when they come out, but then dissapointed afterwards. I miss the days of the 1st and 2nd gen. Those were the best Pokémon, IMO. I mean, there's going to be over 500 of the things now. It's a little ridiculous at this point.
Again though, at this point I'm looking forward to the new Pokémon. I apparently am the only one who thinks it, but the silhouette greatly interests me. It doesn't look robotic like half the new ones do, so that alone is a plus for it.
Now, will I get these games when they come out? There's a chance, although it's pretty slim. The only reason I got Platinum was because I didn't want to wait foever until HGSS to come out.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Dudes... The pokemon in the Sillouhette is a Dark Type pokemon, It's known as the Monster Fox Pokemon It's name is Zoroark. It is 1.6m tall and weighs 81.1kg. It evolves from Zorua, a pure Dark type and is the Evil Fox Pokémon. It is 0.7m tall and weighs 12.5kg.

Honestly I was Excited to see this but also disappointed that it ain't another form of Lucarios evolution (I thought the new Pokemon would come from the Lucario evolution line) I have no problems with other generations as long as i can catch and train them as I please and see something new I like it.

180px-CoroCoro_March_1.jpg

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I grew up with Pokemon and although the original 151 will always be the best, I welcome new Pokemon games and characters with open arms. They never fail to make a handheld game that is just as enjoyable as it's predecessors. Each game is unique but the same and I love that I can play a new game at 20 years of age and feel just as giddy as I did when I played the original games at the age of 8.

If they didn't try to make new games or new Pokemon then I would be disappointed because it wouldn't be fresh. I do agree that there are way too many legendary Pokemon. There might as well be as many legendary as there are regular. They have like 3-6 per generation for crying out loud.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I would love to see a map of the globe to see how all of these regions fit. I know how Kanto and Johto fit as that was shown in Silver/Gold/Crystal. What about the rest? How many regions can fit on the globe anyhow? Sorry for going off topic, On topic I always welcome the changes in each generation. Sure they don't always work out, but so long as there is a handheld by Nintendo, there will be a Pokemon Game for it. Nintendo won't let go of one of it's biggest sellers for a while.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Well Serebii has shown what the new Pokemon looks like.I guess he looks kinda cool but he is probably going to be another sweeper instead of a wall but who knows.I guess I will give the next Generation a second thought just hope they don't evolve some of the Pokemon that I think that don't need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom