• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poisoning Link

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
Today I thought of a little part that would be neat in the next Wii game. What if some how Ganondorf poisons Link, and you have to run through Castle town with the screen getting fuzzy trying to get to the hospital or potion shop. I think it would be a fun little thing to do between 2 dungeons just for a short change of pace. I don't like beating one dungeon and automatically go to the next one. Just a little something to think about.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
That actually sounds like a good idea. It would be an interesting thing to put in place after an intense cutscene or something. And honestly, I'm not a big fan of the 'tweeners you have to do between dungeons, they really get annoying sometimes. More stuff like this would actually be pretty cool.

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
If Link gets poisonned this way only once or twice in the game, why not, but I wouldn't want to see this at the end of every dungeon... It would annoy me very quickly.
Besides that, it would be a great idea to add little things like that after beating the boss, but they'd need to be different each time. :)

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Haha yea that would def. be fun. Get the adrenaline pumping for sure. That's a pretty good idea.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Poisoning... a magic bolt... a really bad injury....

I can see something like this happening, and it going much like "Midna's Desperate Hour" in TP. Only, unlike that event, I'd like to see you actually be able to get a Game Over if you take too long, and have to start over at the beginning of the ordeal/end of the cutscene.

Perhaps he even has to get to a certain someone, a specific healer, after which, we get a cut scene of Link waking up in a bed after having been treated and the healer scolding him over being so reckless with his body.

Only a one time thing, though, and to be excitng for me, there has to be a potential for death/Game Over.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It would be a good idea for sure, but didn't that ice island in WW force Link to complete it in less than five minutes? That was somehow similar to your idea.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I think it'd be interesting and add a sense of emergencey to the game. In other games, if my character is poisoned and I see my health dwindling, I get really anxious and rush as fast as I can to get some sort of potion or healer. It's a great way to add more depth without doing something too dramatic to the series.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Sort of, but more dramatic, really it would be more like the part where Midna was dying (I can't remember who said that) in TP. Plus there were a lot of different timed challenges in Zelda games.

Yeah, maybe there are other timed challenges in other Zelda games, but I have only played WW, so I wouldn't know anything about the others.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Sort of, but more dramatic, really it would be more like the part where Midna was dying (I can't remember who said that) in TP. Plus there were a lot of different timed challenges in Zelda games.

That there are. Now yeah i think it could go so something like this. Link completes the first dungeon and in order to get to the next area link must find a postbox and get a package from it. Inside is his favorite food and he wolfs it down. But then... his legs start to get heavy, he can barely move his arms, and his mind is getting hazy. Now you must get to the nearest potion shop or it's game over for you. What do you think?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think it would be even more dramatic if Link...

finished off a boss, gave the beast its death-blow, but then a cut scene happens where you see the creature's death-throes and, in them, it shoots a bolt of magic toward Link or whips out a tenticle or a tail that grabs him and lays a poison sting into him. The the creature dies, explodes, and... get this... you DON'T get your heart container right then! (You wind up getting it after you complete the heal quest). Your screen or your partner (if you have one in the game) informs you that you've been poisoned and need to get help quick! Link starts his life-run spry enough, but then he starts to stagger, the screen blurs in and out, maybe when he's almost done for he start "uffing" and yelpng like he does when something is hurting him... doubles over and pants when the heart gauge gets low like he does - but with the added in-out focus of the screen and the staggers...

And, when you reach the healer, you get a little cut screen, Link wakes up in a bed and sits up, the healer tells him that he was almost a goner, scolds him on being so reckless with himself, and presents him with "something to keep you healthy in the future" - the Heart Container!

Actually picking it up should be optional, for all those Zelda fanatics who like to do the three-heart challenge.

Shnappy

derp
Sounds like Pokemon...

I like Shadsie's little Idea there, heh. Although yeah, I think that would be kind of a cool little phase in a Zelda game, for Link to be poisoned, and having to run for help. He'd lose maybe a quarter of a heart in some certain amount of time, dependent on how far you are in the game (if it was far in the game and the health drain was fast, that would be interesting to see someone in a 3-heart run try to complete).

Most of these random little ideas of small sequences, scenes and whatnot shouldn't be a reoccurring thing. Though I think if it was a big part of the story in one game, it might be cool for that to happen after each dungeon. After each dungeon, that gets worse and worse for Link, as he has to go through this pain in order to save Hyrule or whatever world for the given reason and through the given process. There could be some epic ending after the final boss. Will Link get rid of the poison he has been suffering of? Will he have to sacrifice himself to save the world? That would a pretty good plot, in my opinion, and I would enjoy playing that game.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I think it would be even more dramatic if Link...

finished off a boss, gave the beast its death-blow, but then a cut scene happens where you see the creature's death-throes and, in them, it shoots a bolt of magic toward Link or whips out a tenticle or a tail that grabs him and lays a poison sting into him. The the creature dies, explodes, and... get this... you DON'T get your heart container right then! (You wind up getting it after you complete the heal quest). Your screen or your partner (if you have one in the game) informs you that you've been poisoned and need to get help quick! Link starts his life-run spry enough, but then he starts to stagger, the screen blurs in and out, maybe when he's almost done for he start "uffing" and yelpng like he does when something is hurting him... doubles over and pants when the heart gauge gets low like he does - but with the added in-out focus of the screen and the staggers...

And, when you reach the healer, you get a little cut screen, Link wakes up in a bed and sits up, the healer tells him that he was almost a goner, scolds him on being so reckless with himself, and presents him with "something to keep you healthy in the future" - the Heart Container!

Actually picking it up should be optional, for all those Zelda fanatics who like to do the three-heart challenge.

I really like your idea. There are though, a couple of things I would do differently.
I would like -and this would be completely unique and never seen before in any zelda game.- This, say Link beats the boss, but in the cut-scene as Link is delivering the monsters end blows, it does this. First it goes into super slow motion, it then zooms in on Link's sword which is swung or stabbed at or into the monster killing it. However, as it does this, some blood sprays, as it does the camera follows one particular blood spec which flys off and hits Link in either the face or eye, or lands in Link's open mouth. Link will then go wobbly and have to stagger to the town healer similar to everyone elses ideas.

The other thing I would change would be, I don't like the healer giving you the Heart Container. They ALWAYS come from the boss and that is something that I wouldn't like to see changed. I'd like it though, this would again be very unique. If the Heart Container fell out of the creature, but you weren't allowed to get it at first because you had to get Link to the healer (I'm thinking perhaps you start running to the healer from outside the temple as it would be difficult to navigate out of and would take time.) Then, once you are healed. You have to go back into the temple, back to the boss room and then you can get the Heart Container.

For my wish to come true though. This would have to probably be three things. Firstly, the most radically different Zelda so far with Nintendo deciding to adopt a completely different approach to this game. Secondly, the darkest Zelda yet, moreso than MM or TP. And finally, It would probably have to have some sort of PG or 12 rating on it as there would be blood, and in quite graphic detail aswell.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
It's kind of like that part where in Tp Zant uses the light spirit to attack Midna and you have to get to princess zelda.

Back on subject, it would be cool if this would happen, it would be a life or death situtation. But what if when they enject the posion it is actually a toxin that turns you into one of Ganon/dorf's minion's and you have to find a healer in castle town but while not being seen by the hylian soldiers and then you have to convince the healer your the hero and then you get healed.o.o

This is my only possible suggestion, it would be fun though.:nerd:

This would be an interesting idea. It would add something new to the games and break up the usual gameplay. My only concern would be it being too mature of a concept, and it making the game too adult. I think that Zelda should always be reasonably family-friendly. But it could probably be done pretty safely.

It would also be interesting to have Ganon or whatever villain is present actually make serious effort to take out Link or stop the goodguys. Twilight Princess is the only game I can think of that really did this, with Zant attacking after the Lakebed Temple, and with him reviving Stallord. It would be nice to see more intelligence from the badguys. :xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom