• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poem Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Sure I'll give this a try. It's been a while since I wrote something creative but I'm sure I can come up with something. That said I do have some thoughts on the OP as to me, at least, seem a bit...off. Hopefully you will see this as constructive criticism and nothing else as I have no intentions to deal harm to others.

For starters, there is the "Archangel's Hall of Fame". While you are no doubt the Competition Leader for Writing Competition for the forum community, all of these competitions belong to the community. I have yet to see a Competition Leader have their own "Hall of Fame" because in reality, all of this is for the community. By making a hall of fame perse, it makes it sound more personal and somewhat distorts the purpose for these competitions. Perhaps you can have a hall of fame on your personal blog or some sorts, but I believe it is better to make it sound more for the community. Another thing that is bothering me is the word choice, particularly the naming of the contest. While you are correct that this PC#1 and not SC#4, you also stated that it isn't WC#4? Whether it is a story, poem, essay, etc. they are all considered different genres of writing. What you mean to say is that while this specific competition isn't SC#1, this is PC#1 and since poetry is considered to be a form of writing this is also WC#4.

While I may not understand the reasoning behind the addition of Power Points, I don't see the need for it. The Writing Competitions are separately their own tournaments so to speak. This kind of bracket makes sense such as the World Cup Tournament thread you made a while ago or the Pokemon tournaments. I just don't see the point of having a scoreboard just because for the sake of it. It's not like a person is going to get an award for "Best Writer" under the Writing Competition, that's left up to the GKAs. I personally believe that the community hall of fame should be good enough if you want to keep track of who won which contest.

Call this nickpicking, but this should help construct a better opening post. While most of this is constructed, it is very redundant to mention rule #5 and as it already mention to follow the rules of the forum in rule #1. There's no need to rewrite the same statement just a few sentences over as it could potentially confuse the reader or at least bring déjà vu. Also if you are going to sign your name in anything, it has to be at the very bottom of the opening to conclude one's thoughts. Another thing is emotes/emoticons. While there is nothing wrong with adding emotes/emoticons into the opening post, the thread looks more professional without the inclusion of these emotes/emoticons. Not to mention, it could bring a different meaning all in total. Minor details, but these should help out in constructing a better OP in the future.

Thanks for entering the competition. But as to the rest you said: You're nobody to tell me how to run the competition that was given to me to run however I want. If I want to have a hall of fame with my username, so what? Vee said I could do whatever I wanted. I'm not even gonna bother responding to your whole quote, but I'm getting tired of you coming after me like this. All I will say in nice words is, boy you better start minding your own business and let me mind my own. I am not bothering you in the least, so I am telling you to back the **** away, even if you come in and play it cool with your "I don't mean to sound rude" entry. You don't fool me. And to any mod that reads this, I am not trolling this guy, ok? I'm just sick and tired of him coming after me all the time.

Count me in.
I think I can manage this one. Generally poetry is the only kind of writing I can manage, but to someone special is a nice simple prompt. I know I can manage two short poems by the deadline. ^^

Awesome, welcome aboard, Maggie.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
is the contest still open? I realize I'm a few days late, I missed the deadline because I lost track of time on vacation. It's okay if it's totally closed though, I'll enter next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom