• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[PnP RPG] The Art of War (Character Creation and Discussion Thread)

Austin

Austin
Khotno Moshchnik, lvl 1 (Outcast Priest) (Cover)
HP: 07/07
MP: 18/18
XP: 0/100
AP: 0
ATK: 2
DEF: 2
Weapon: Wooden Staff (2 ATK, +1 Int.)
Armor: Enchanted Bronze Amulet (+1 Res.), Leather Robes (+2 DEF)
Items (2/5):
Gold: 200
- Magic Potion (Restores ? MP)
- Health Potion (Restores ? HP)

Skills:
- Basic Healing (xMP): Austin can heal a target for up to Xx3 hitpoints, depending on how much mana he invests in the spell. (13 AP)

Abilities:
- Change of Heart (Sustained): As a minor action, Khotno can choose to convert his healing spells into damaging spells for the same amount of damage. (9 AP)

Power: -5
Dexterity: +0
Wisdom: +3
Intelligence: +4
Accuracy: -5
Evasion: +0
Casting: +3
Resistance: +0

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Elements:
Fi: 0% / Ea: 0% / Wi: 0% / Wa: 0%

Character Story:Introduced into his religious order early in life, Khotno grew up taught that violence was never an acceptable course of action. Although the powers his sect was blessed with could cause incredible harm if they so chose to, the most basic of tenets that they were sworn to uphold were utterly pacifistic in nature. However, one day, while witnessing a woman and her child being assaulted by a group of bandits, Khotno gave in to his most basic instinct. He used his power to destroy the men, thus saving the innocent citizens. Although he was thanked profusely by them, when he returned to his sect's sanctuary, he was refused entry. He was told that the wounds he bared were a clear sign that he had used his spells to harm, rather than to heal. As such he was no longer welcome among his brothers. Following this life-altering event, Khotno traveled the world, gaining experience and lending his abilities towards anyone with a cause he felt was determined. Although primarily a healer, he never forgot the other side of his powers, although their immense cost towards his own health meant he could only use them sparingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Those elemental resistances will cost 8 AP if you intend to keep them. If so you don't have enough AP. If not, you can put them all down to 0% and you'll have 3 AP. Your Magic Potion can be changed to a Blue Potion (heals 2d6 MP) and the Health one can be changed to a Red Potion (heals 2d6 HP). Also be sure to signify that you have a different attribute to that shown in the stats by doing something like this: "Resistance: +1/0 where applicable.

edit: If you choose so, you may be able to get more experience points or get exp faster by resolving conflicts/combat through pacifistic means like persuading them that they shouldn't battle you. Note that that doesn't work on every enemy though.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
Can I please have a part? If i'm too late then that is A-OK.

Mion Kamalot, lvl 1 (Exorcist) (Cover)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
XP: 000/100
AP: 30
ATK: 3
Weapon: Blade-edged playing cards (3 ATK, +1 Eva)
Armor: Black Exorcist uniform (2 DEF)

Stuff:
Items (2/5):
Gold: 300
- Red Potion
- Blue Potion

Skills:
- Shadow Line (Mion can draw a line that spurts shadow to destroy her target. Can be used from a distance) (10 AP) (4MP)
- Heal gun (Can shoot bullets out of shadow from her cards. they heal targets.) (7 AP) (2d6 HP for 6 MP)

Abilities:
- Stoic heart: Can inflict extra damage when inflicted with status problems. + 1.5x

Power: +5
Dexterity: 0
Wisdom: +3
Intelligence: +5
Accuracy: +2
Evasion: +0
Casting: +2
Resistance: +0

Alignment: ?

Elements:
Fi: 0% / Ea: 0% / Wi: 0% / Wa: 0%

Bio:
Mion Kamalot was found and taken from her home against her will to train as an Exorcist. The shock of it caused memory loss, so she does not remember her childhood or who her parents are. She is very stoic and unsociable, but has a giant heart to those in need. She is independent and is better solo than in a group. Her specialties are computers (She is brilliant at hacking and she had plenty of practice in the past) and solving puzzles.

Image:
acd8jl.png

Last edited:

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Hey there Siniru!

It's lovely to have another member join and you're definitely allowed to join in.
Let's take a look at your character...

Firstly, your HP and MP total should equate to 25 in total, not 35. Just fix that up.
Your ATK is equal to your weapon's attack, not 6.
Your DEF should also be 1 as well, not 5.
Your AP is something you don't decide; we'll get to that in a minute.

Please nerf your Magic and Health Potion down to a Red and Blue potion (+2d6 HP and +2d6 MP, respectively).

From my understanding, Shadow Line instantly kills a target? Is this what you meant? Without accuracy deduction this skill would cost nearly 100 AP which you desperately can't afford.

If you simply wanted it to do damage, you could choose a pure 8 damage spell, at 4 MP per cast, for a total cost of 10 AP.

Again, with heal gun, you don't get the choose the AP cost.
AP is ability points, and it isn't used in combat. It is used to "purchase" new abilities, skills and spells depending on how powerful they are. You start with 25 and get 10 every level up and the Game Master (in this case, myself) decides how much each spell costs.

If you'd like Heal Gun you can perhaps heal either 2d6 HP for 6 MP, at a cost of 7 AP for the spells,

or perhaps a flat 10HP restoration for 6 MP at a cost of 9 AP.

or if you want the flat 10 HP for 8MP each cast, it would cost 7 AP as well.

Your ability, Stoic Heart, can't really be used with the feature "if you are angry". If you like, you keep the ability with just the status ailment feature for 1.5x damage. It would also be a passive ability, not sustained/active and would cost 10 AP.

Next up, your stats/attributes may not exceed +5/-5 (your power is 7) and your total must equal 0. Your current total is +19.

Thank you for your interest in playing! :)

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Your attributes still exceed the maximum total of 0. Currently they add up to 17. Your HP total is also 30; the total needs to be 25.

Furthermore I've reconsidered Stoic Heart compared to other abilities and I'm dropping the cost down to 8 AP - sorry.

That leaves you with a total of 0 AP, not 30.

Please nerf your Magic and Health Potion down to a Red and Blue potion (+2d6 HP and +2d6 MP, respectively).

Below is a near-complete version of your character sheet. I'll write up your post (edit it into the first) and then you can edit your post with the character sheet below, but remember - you need to assign your attributes. Use negatives on stats you don't need as much if you want more positives.

Mion Kamalot, lvl 1 Exorcist (Front)
HP: ??/??
MP: ??/??
XP: 00/100
AP: 0
ATK: 3
Weapon: Example Weapon (3 ATK, +1 Eva)
Armor: Black Exorcist Uniform (2 DEF)
Items (3/5):
Gold: 300
- Red Potion (Heals 2d6 HP)
- Blue Potion (Heals 2d6 MP)
- Length of Rope (10 meters)

Skills:
- Shadow Line (Mion can draw a line that spurts shadow to destroy her target. Can be used from a distance and deals 8 damage) (10 AP) (4MP)
- Heal gun (Can shoot bullets out of shadow from her cards. they heal targets.) (7 AP) (2d6 HP for 6 MP)

Abilities:
- Stoic Heart: If induced with a status ailment, all attacks deal 1.5x damage. (8 AP)

Attributes: (FILL THESE OUT)
Power: 0
Dexterity: 0
Wisdom: 0
Intelligence: 0
Accuracy: 0
Evasion: 0 (((REMEMBER THIS WILL BE +1 EVASION, so put that in there to avoid confusion)
Casting: 0
Resistance: 0

Alignment: ---

Elements:
Fi: 00% / Ea: 00% / Wi: 00% / Wa: 00%

Bio:
Mion Kamalot was found and taken from her home against her will to train as an Exorcist. The shock of it caused memory loss, so she does not remember her childhood or who her parents are. She is very stoic and unsociable, but has a giant heart to those in need. She is independent and is better solo than in a group. Her specialties are computers (She is brilliant at hacking and she had plenty of practice in the past) and solving puzzles.
Picture:
acd8jl.png

Hope this helped. Remember the OOC colour is olive. I will redo your post momentarily and if you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

edit: By the way, in your bio you mention "hacking computers." I apologize but such technology hasn't been created at this point of time - consider it more medieval.

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
For some reason I thought I had the last post. I can't speak for anyone else but I'll try to make a post tonight, sorry.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
No problem, I was just wondering as the thread went very quiet and we haven't heard from a few players yet.

In the game all you really need to do is go in an fight the goblins (unless you feel really rebellious :P) so I can do an introductory-esque part to the combat system.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
No offense intended or anything, but why did you sign up if you have a lot of stuff to do, and then create more roleplaying threads in this subforum? :s

By the way, I don't mean to nag, yet you still haven't payed attention to the fixes I've been writing in the thread on your character. I don't want you to be limited so I'm just trying to assist but you can still assign 5 more points to your max HP or MP. Currently it's max 10 hp and max 10 mp which totals to 20 rather than 25.

Also I'm not going to continue until people have posted/said they want to skip their turn and I still need some attributes for your character, Siniru.

I, alas, cannot copy and paste my character thingy, which is why I haven't posted. All of my internet axcessing devices- Wii, 3ds and Kindle- can't copy or paste.

Last edited:

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
....don't you have a computer? haha.

Anyway, welcome back Regal. Hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year's!
If you'd like I can just post your character sheet in the game thread for you to quote ("reply with quote", bottom right of posts), or if for some reason that's not possible you can just skip the character sheet stuff momentarily until you have access to a device that can.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
This PnP will most likely be shut down due to obvious lack of interest and activity.

Thanks for making me write all that stuff out for nothing! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom