• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PlayStation 4 Announced + Live Stream

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Diablo 3 for PS3 and PS4? Holy effing ****. There is a split screen mode as the game is already prompted for release on PS3. I cannot wait to play it. Sony may actually be making some smart moves. <3

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
A few standouts for me....

- Destiny would take the top spot and it looks like Bungie/Activision are going to dominate again.

- I have been really exited for Watchdogs and it looked even more impressive here, it may chnage to concept of gaming.

- Killzone making an appearance definitely shocked me and it's nice to see there gonn a keep going and wow just wow those lighting effects.

- Beyond AKA an extension from the brilliant Heavy Rain just looks too damn real and if it has a similar Impact that Heavy Rain had on me then wow.

Overall I would say great presentation and they really surprised me in a good way and it will be interesting to see how this all plays out especially at E3 and like Alit said "my body is ready" xD

Last edited:
i am curious about the Ps4..but the touch pad on the controller looks odd and forced..i guess i have to Waite and see and hopefully play a demo at a store to see how it works..

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
The graphics for the PS4 look nice, but I think it will be a while before I pick this up. Argh E3! Why are you so far away?!!! Oh well, next up is GDC for the reveal of the FOX engine!

Exclusive content or not, I'm purchasing Destiny for the Next Box.

Bungie has more experience developing for Sony's platforms.

The Killzone announcement didn't overly impress me because it was leaked ahead of time but wow...the future is bleak.

And yay for realistic hair and emotions. Heavy Rain 2? Choosing to cut off your finger again? Make it happen.

Unlike most of the people here, I was actually genuinely impressed with the PS4 event. I loved how they cut the bullcrap and just showed the specs right off the bat, which were pretty much the exact ones that have been rumored. I know graphics aren't everything, but I'm glad Sony realizes that graphics help give the devs the creative freedom to implement into their games. Speaking of games, I'm glad Sony showed off their sizeable 3rd party support, which is something Nintendo can only dream of. The games they showed off sounded pretty good too. I was also genuinely surprised at the Diablo 3 announcement. As for my gripes, I hate how they continued to push PS Move, which should just go die in a fire; and I didn't necessarily like that they didn't show off the console itself. However, they probably did this to help build up anticipation for E3. I know that I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for expressing my opinion on something Sony-related on a Zelda website, but I'm not necessarily bashing anyone else's opinion, rather than just stating my own. Anyway, I personally think the PS4 is going to lead the Next-Gen charge and continue to change gaming.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Meh.

None of these games appeal to me, the price point is ridiculous, and Sony didn't even tout many exclusives, which would be worth buying the system for.

Watch Dogs and The Witness look awesome, but I'll be able to play them on my PC, so why on earth would I shell out money for a PS4? And no Last Guardian? Most of the games just looked like the same generic gritty crap that I ignore at E3 every year.

But whatever. Maybe they know what they're doing. I don't wish them ill, as I have no reason to, and I can't speculate on their success or even their potential appeal to me. All I can tell you is that this was a boring press conference but it gave me a few good laughs, like the anticlimactic Diablo III reveal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom