• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PlayStation 4 Announced + Live Stream

I've never been interested in Sony ever since PS2, but I had to have a look out of curiosity. Let's just say... The PlayStation 4 isn't Terrible, but it's not amazing either. From what I've seen so far They haven't really shown off the core aspect of games which is the gameplay very well which is a little disappointment. I do like the idea of being able to play games while it's downloading, this is something the Wii U could of implemented. Having said that, that's the only thing good about it, everything else they've shown so far doesn't have the wow factor. I'll find more later but as of now the PlayStation 4 isn't that impressive, but I think it won't do too bad in the long-term.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is quite the early verdict....but I presume the PS4 will ultimately fail like the PS3 did. A horrible launch - library will be as bad as the Wii U's, possible worse. A horrible first year - I can think of nothing except that the price will be exponentially higher than the Wii U's starting asking price. Somewhere in the $600 range, maybe? And what else? It'll be held back by Microsoft again. These are just things that I assume and have no direct proof for.

The PS4 conference has been - and still is - showing off things the system could do. But, Sony likes to compete with other companies that simply have the better edge. Don't come crying to mama when PS4 has few if any amazing games. Avoid it like the plague for two years or so; I expect it'll be like the Vita before it, which is a shame.

Sony relies on longevity.

Sony's launches are always terrible and the first year is beyond words. The price will be sky high and few people will purchase the hardware. Sony looks to maintain its grip on new and familiar first party titles as well as third party support which will ensure PS4's continued success.

I'm excited for the new Killzone and inFAMOUS games...but I wish there was less gritty software available.

Seeing the PS Move return? Disgusting. That thing should've died long ago.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They just showed some demo thing with the PSMove. They're trying to go bankrupt.

They just showed some demo thing with the PSMove. They're trying to go bankrupt.

And yet I would be willing to bet you think the Kinect is the most amazing thing to ever come to gaming.

Your post clearly have biased against Sony. I'm sorry but what game company went with blue ray, and which one went with HD cds for their 7th gen console. The PS3 was far from a failure, and there is no way the PS4 will be a failure.

I for one am disappointed that there was no announcement for Uncharted 4 to be released on the PS4, but with the new inFAMOUS game announced, I may just stick with Sony through the 8th gen of video games. DriveClub also looks amazing.

sweetcoop said:
And yet I would be willing to bet you think the Kinect is the most amazing thing to ever come to gaming.

Dude, what? No serious gamer gives a second thought about the Kinect. It's not revolutionary. The Kinect is imperfect technology that needs ironing out.

Also, I'm not gonna speak for Van but he's biased against Nintendo and Microsoft, not Sony. His post is pretty rational.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
v @ ALIT

Also, check out Luminous Studio (engine from Square Enix). Dude, that looks AMAZING. I know I was hating on PS4 - for reasons that are my own - but I want to see LS in action in my home right now. Whatever Square Enix puts out will look GORGEOUS (need proof? Look at Final Fantasy XIII).

Your post clearly have biased against Sony. I'm sorry but what game company went with blue ray, and which one went with HD cds for their 7th gen console. The PS3 was far from a failure, and there is no way the PS4 will be a failure.
Kinect is a joke. No gamer takes that thing seriously; not even Microsoft takes it seriously.

And yes indeed, I was biased against Sony in that instance. I can see all the wrong moves even in this conference.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I couldn't watch the stream (I'm at school). I haven't heard much about it yet so when I'll get home I'll judge.
The PS3 launched in Australia for $999 (smart people decided that it wasn't worth it until a price drop) if they want that for the PS4 they have another thing coming. If it's a reasonable price and has good games then it should be all good.
And PS Move again? seriously...
To be honest I feel companies are becoming more about graphics and gimmicks compared actually having fun (although I can't fairly judge the PS4 just yet). :/

Watch Dogs looks absolutely amazing. Being a Chicagoan, I'm excited to see how well the game mirrors the city I live in. The stunts...wow, just wow. Seeing the guy shoot the electric fuse and stop the criminal as well stop police cars in their tracks. I haven't been this excited for a game in awhile. Assassin's Creed III didn't live up to the hype, however, so I'm cautiously optimistic at best.

Sony+Blizzard partership=amazing. Diablo III for PS3 and PS4 will definitely open the platform to a new crowd even if the game itself was disappointing.

Destiny for PS4!

Bungie on a Sony system?!

My body is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom