• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Playstation 2 Vs. Xbox

PS2 vs. Xbox

• Xbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
The question is pretty self explanatory, you can base this off of facts or nostalgia I guess, i'd just like to know what everyone thinks.

Dan

Play station 2 for me, I had the most games for it, very fond memories too, I could play my entire PS1 library on the ps2 as well which made it even better for me. Hardware wise I had problems with both, My fat ps2s kept having the lasers burned out, but this may of been with me playing them constantly and having them up vertically which until recently I learned puts more stress on the hardware. My Xbox had disk tray issues as it would keep getting stuck. I got my Xbox a lot later than the PS2 so I had more games for my PS2, when buying a game I'd always go with the PS2 as it was more of a default thing for me. Xbox was way more powerful so it of course beats the PS2 there, but I prefer the PS2 myself. :)

Playstation 2 hands-down.

I think the Xbox is the better piece of hardware being more powerful and offering a more coherent vision of online play for future consoles, but it received meager support compared to Sony's console. Compare four years on the market before being replaced to ten+ years of relevance.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The Xbox is the better console but it just can't beat the PS2's awesome library. :P So PS2.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I wouldn't even say it's a competition. The PS2 was easily the superior console. Design wise it was more compact and a lot more stylish - the Xbox was... well a box. I found the original Xbox to be quite ugly and it took up a lot of space. I also found the hub to be a lot more simplistic on the PS2. So it was just easier to navigate around the menus and whatnot.

The only advantage I see the original Xbox having over the PS2 was Xbox Live when it was established in 2002. However, online gaming on consoles wasn't that big back then anyway so it didn't really give the console's much of an advantage. Then you have the most important thing: game library. This is something the Xbox has always lacked in and the PS2's library obliterated the Xbox's. This was probably because this was Microsoft's first entry into the market; however, game consoles are for playing games first and foremost and the PS2--with a much, much better library--easily beats the Xbox.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Eh...Xbox, I guess. The hardware was crap, but at least there were some memorable games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
PlayStation 2 perks:

- Library
- Controller
- Compactness (especially w/PS2 Slimline)
- Of

PlayStation 2 Quirks:

- ERROR 404 NOT FOUND

Xbox Perks:
- Online Connectivity

Xbox Quirks:
- Power Brick
- Console is not conducive to small living spaces
- Controller is wtf
- Lacklustre Library, worse than GCN imo

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Are you sure you didn't mean to say PS2's hardware was "crap"? Compared to Xbox that is...

I've never had issues with a PS2 breaking down. I don't give a rats *** about graphics...I just want the bloody thing to work.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I never touched an x box.

Ps2
That Wallace and gromit operation zoo game
Sky gunner
persona(I just recently found them a year ago)
just to name a few good games on it

Dan

I've never had issues with a PS2 breaking down. I don't give a rats *** about graphics...I just want the bloody thing to work.

Like I posted earlier the Fat PS2 was known to have laser issues. You would insert a disk, and it would not read read any game. Sony even got a lawsuit for it; I myself experienced this event three times, which was pretty upsetting having a library of games unplayable. Like most console revisions the slim PS2 did not have this issue.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I haven't had a playstation since the PSone, so, naturally I had to go with X-box. It was the console that introduced me to Fable, hosted the first Buffy game (which was the main reason I wanted the console to begin with).

Salem

SICK
Doh, you were not talking about the graphics....

Anyway, I never had any problems with my PS2 and I had the "fat" one since at least a decade or more.

Clank

Hmm
I much preferred the PS2's library, hardware style, and most importantly the hacking community behind it.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
PlayStation 2 perks:

- Library
- Controller
- Compactness (especially w/PS2 Slimline)
- Of

PlayStation 2 Quirks:

- ERROR 404 NOT FOUND

Xbox Perks:
- Online Connectivity

Xbox Quirks:
- Power Brick
- Console is not conducive to small living spaces
- Controller is wtf
- Lacklustre Library, worse than GCN imo
.... I must be the only one that liked the Giant fat original xbox controllers

I much preferred the PS2's library, hardware style, and most importantly the hacking community behind it.

Modding on the ps2 was more annoying because it required more hardware then just a simple network cable, , a memory card, and a copy of splinter cell, so in that regards xbox was hands down better, because You didn't have to buy a hard drive like you had to on the ps2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom