• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Playing Zelda with Family & Friends

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
What are your experiences playing Zelda with relatives and buddies? I guide my brother through places he has trouble on and give him hints on how to defeat enemies. I also narrate the speech boxes for him, trying to come up with the funniest voices I can think of (he likes it when I use my girly-girl voice for Zelda). It's fun to watch him kill monsters by wildly pressing random buttons:)
So what do you do when playing Zelda with your family and friends?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
With my first Zelda game (OOT) my dad was playing while me and my brother was watching and we all worked together to get through the game. I was 6 years back then...... long ago...

oh i bring my family in by making them watch the entire plotline of cutscenes. we're at the part where you fight ghirahim a second time since i passed the game and i was like, this story's beautiful, youre watching!

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I got my 8 year old brother into Skyward Sword...I have to help him a lot, and sometimes read dialogue. He can't even kill deku babas by himself. Bokoblins are no problem for him though.

We both have a wierd sense of humor, so naturally there's some bloopers and smart alecky comments. Once he was running around in the goddess statue, and ran right over the torches! So I said: "can anyone say 'roasted nuts?'" Yes, he knows what that means...

my cousin and bro showed me Oot first like 8ish years ago so that was what got me hooked on zelda games

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
For the first five years of Zelda I would sit and watch my dad or friend play (I was scared of it) and I would just watch for every small thing that happened. I was the brains of the operation. They just liked to slaughter every monster, I liked to slaughter every puzzle Nintendo threw at me. It worked out nicely. Now I am one of two people I know who play Zelda. No one else will play with me....:(

With my first Zelda game (OOT) my dad was playing while me and my brother was watching and we all worked together to get through the game. I was 6 years back then...... long ago...

I came in to tell the exact same story! :D

My brother and I got Ocarina of Time for Christmas in 1998 when we were eight and ten, respectively. My Dad wanted to play it as well, so he ended up playing through the game while we watched and helped figure out puzzles. I remember he printed out an online walkthrough (why didn't he just buy the official one...?), hole punched it, and put it in a four inch binder. We all had to agree in order to look at it. The water temple was particularly frustrating, because my brother and I were eager to give up and look in the walkthrough, but nothing could shake my father. :)

I also remember being really mad that my brother and Dad got the master sword and became an adult while I was away for a girl scout sleep over. Good times. <3

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
The only Zelda games I've played with either friends or family is Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Yeah I know you have the whole 4 Swords games that are meant for it, but I don't have any friends that have those games or even the hook ups. To me, Zelda is one game that you can pretty much play by yourself.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
My mom has played Zelda with me since I was about 13, and still does.

And my best friend is pretty much the only person I know who loves the series as much as I do.

Oh, I have so many great memories of playing Zelda with family! When we first got Ocarina of Time (our first one) I initially wasn't aloud to play :< but my sister had a file and the whole family (me, my father and sister, my nephew, and my mother) would gather around our TV and help out with puzzles. Pretty soon, though, they let me and my nephew have files and we would play together constantly. He and I being the same age (born three weeks apart) this trend was able to go on for a long time, after school, especially since his mother would leave him with us for a pretty long segment of the day, everyday, because of her job and schooling. The same continued with the other games on a MUCH smaller scale, since people moved out and became focused on other things. Skyward Sword was the first since Ocarina of Time where I and my father were able to go through the entire game together again, and my sister, too through frequent phone calls. Since my nephew is now living in the same area as I am again, I think we'll take his four year old younger brother and guide him through his first Zelda pretty soon. :> ♥

My brother always watches me play Zelda. Out of all the zelda games we have he's only beaten oot (with my help...) but he feels like he's beaten all the ones I have because whenever I play he's there watching me. It's kind of annoying actually.

I like to play multiplayer on Phantom Hourglass with my sisters. We always have a good time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom