• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Playing the Harp?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
We've all seen it, he harp from the GDC trailer. It looks like Sheik's harp, it raises more questions than it awnsers, and, like almost everything else we've seen about Skyward Sword, it's covered in a dark veil of mystery. What I want to know, though, is if this new item will be played using motion controls, or traditional button controls? I don't know how a motion controled harp would work, but I'm sure that Nintendo will pull it off*.

*Eberything above is being said while assuming that this harp or "lyre" will work as an instrument with magical powers, like the Ocarina of time or the Wind Waker, it is purely speculation made by an obssesed fan who is really looking forward to SS and is looking for anything to theorize about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKUn5ESdK4s Link... pause at 0:24 to see the harp...

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I don't know. This one we know nothing about, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I really just want you to imagine that it's like the Ocarina of time, just tell me how this harp would be controled with the Wii motion-plus?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I know something about the harp that others won't. But is someone can tell me how to do a spoiler tab, then I will share my immense intelligence!!!

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Oh, well, i'll tell you anyway... the harp... IS YELLOW!!!

But i hope that it is used like the ocarina, in the way that it can manioulate the surroundings.

I am just glad that "the zelda team" realised how important music is for zelda, at least that is what i always thought :)

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
It shoould be called the "Harp of Time". Just to make it more like the ocarina of time!

EDIT: Infact, maybe it's not even a harp of lyre! Maybe it's a Glockenschpeil!!! (sp?)

Um, what the heck is a, uh, "glockenschpei"???

images
A quick google image search and THIS is a glockenshpeil.

I'm actually very interested to see what they do with the harp. They might be able to pull off some cool motion control stuff if they make it a playable instrument like the ocarina. When the harp is used in Zelda music, historically it's always been made of win. Especially the ending of The Wind Waker credits song.

Jedizora

:right:
I wouldn't mind a harp. I wouldn't like it to be called the harp of time, however. Something else. But I do think would work well. I would love a ton of harp based music. I love the sound of a harp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom