• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Playing Games with Parents?

My mom used to play Pacman, but she doesn't play anymore. My dad plays some games. Mainly FPS and RTS games.

Neither of my parents are really into video games, but they have played some. As for playing with them, I play some with my dad. Mainly Halo and SSB: Brawl. These days, anyway.

When I first purchased my Wii, back when it was released, it was the first time I had actually played a game with my parents since when I was a kid. Back in the day, me and my dad would play "Baseball" on the NES occasionally, and he liked to play "Tetris" on the GB a lot.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Well neither of my parents are really "into" video games either. Back when I was younger, Id guilt my dad into playing a good ol game fo NHL Blades of Steel 99 (still one of my favorite hockey games ever). Id always beat him because he was really really bad :P. And actually not to long ago I brought my Genesis to his house and he showed some interest in Sonic 2 but never really started playing.

As for my mother, she actually plays Brain Age on my or my sisters DS. Other then that she has really never played games although she has shown some interest in GHWT and thought it would be fun to have everybody playing all at once.

When I first purchased my Wii, back when it was released, it was the first time I had actually played a game with my parents since when I was a kid. Back in the day, me and my dad would play "Baseball" on the NES occasionally, and he liked to play "Tetris" on the GB a lot.
Oh dear. I forgot about this... thanks for reminding me.

My parents both play Wii Sports. My mom really likes the Wii controller.

Kybyrian

I used to play Ocarina of Time with my mom all the time. :D After we beat the game a couple times we started using our Gameshark just to have fun. We also played Yoshi's Story on Nintendo 64. It was a great game, we would take turns playing through it.

R

ResidentZelda

my mom used to be into videogames (she got an Atari 2600) and she used to play pac-man with my dad, but since my dad died (1996) she stopped playing videogames she plays bowling in the wii with me sometimes.

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
My parents are heavily into video games but my mom used to play Super Mario Bros way back in the 80's when we first bought Nintendo and we all used to play Atari.

I've played Mortal Kombat with my dad on occasion and he usually plays hockey games.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I could never get my Dad into modern gaming. He's only interested in the casual games, such as Wii Sports and Wii Fit. The only thing I can get him to play with me is his ColecoVision. Me asking to play him was the worst mistake ever. I played baseball in it, and I lost, 4-26, in the 3rd inning. He also murdered me, score wise, in Donkey Kong. I try to get him to play the N64 with me, and he says he doesn't like it, and complains of the low graphic quality (And yet he plays the ColecoVision just fine). My goal is to get him to at least play one modern game that isn't a casual game.

My mum played Phantom Hourglass and she really liked it. She is going through her second run.

My dad played Metroid and is really into the series, but he hasn't dared yet to play the Gamecube games. I hope he does sometime, because I'm sure he will like them.

J

JAPPO

I did all the time when I was very young. And sometimes we play the Wii together, but only the WiiSports really.

My Dad rarely gets into video gaming. He says he's way too low tech. He likes Dr. Mario though on the NES and plays it on the Wii.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
My parents are not into video games. AT ALL. They're still living in the stone ages, using prehistoric equipment like VHS tapes and cassettes :P

They just started using DVDs only a few years ago when I bought them a DVD player for christmas. As far as games go, though, my Mom has never passed the first level of mario, never shot a duck in Duck Hunt, never cleared a line in Tetris, etc. My dad used to play Super Mario Bros. with me back in the day when I was only 6 or 7, but it didn't take long for me to beat him. I remember one night I was freaking out because I WALKED under Bowser as super mario. Oh and we also played Paperboy.

Other than that, nope. Not much at all.

Hardly ever. My parents are too busy. I have played the odd game of Smash Bros and Mario Party with Dad, and we've all had a go at Rock Band. Mum doesn't bother with the games a lot, even though she played all the arcade classics.

Actually, maybe it's best if Mum doesn't play a game. She murdered the bongos when she played Donkey Konga, and when I tried to teach her the controls in Smash Bros, she refused to listen.

Claire

The Geekette
My mother has a huge issue with video games, and there is no way on this earth that she would show any type of happiness or possible smiles if we beg her long enough to try.

My father had a very old handheld game, and he was the one who bought a Sega Game Gear when I was younger. He is much more open to gaming than my mother, and for the first week of ownership of a Wii - it was his Wii. The only real games my father and I have played together are Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit (Super Hula Hoop Competition FTW). He really isn't the type of person you would want to play with though, since he is an awfully sore loser. But luckily I have one parent would enjoys the sight of video games and takes the time to play too.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
My father and I used to play the original SMB together. He was terrible at it, but we enjoyed ourselves. My mother is big on games like Tetris, but any other type of game will make her physically sick. Especially 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom