• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Play As Zelda?

:lol:
I just don't see how this could work. I mean, maybe for a very short time, but still, how would you make it work? What weapons would she use? Light Arrows? Silver Arrows? Other than that, I don't see Zelda using any other weapon. Am I missing something?

I think that she maybe able to use a sword as in the cutscene in Twilight Princess where it shows Zant and his forces over come the Throne chamber in Hyrule Castle she is wielding a sword.

Even with that in mind though I still dont see Zelda using anything else as a weapon, Magic maybe, I doubt it though, In my opinion Nintendo should never even consider using the idea of being able to play as Zelda. It would be for the best :lol:

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I think maybe, Zelda could almost be a sidekick. Like some people have said, she would use spells and stuff, so maybe different parts of the games need you to use Zelda, and other then that you can play as Link. If anything made sense, in the First LoZ, names The Legend of ZELDA, you should be able to play as Zelda. Lots of people get Link and Zelda messed up (thinking Link is Zelda). I don't think having Zelda as a permanent character would be a hit, but having her as a sidekick or something would be cool.

B

blhand26

Lots of people get Link and Zelda messed up (thinking Link is Zelda).
LOL I remember when i was little and my parents would play OoT and other Zelda Games, I would think Link's name was Zelda. LOL :lol::lol:
Sorry I know its off subject just a past time I had to share. :)

Immortal_One

Math is power.
This is something I would not want to see.

If there's one thing I like the way it is right now, it's my Zelda games. They have a solid and consecutive plot structure, good puzzles and a boy in a green tunic. I wouldn't mind seeing this paradigm shift a tad, like in Majora's Mask, but playing as Zelda? I don't see how that would work.

Zelda represents wisdom. With her piece of the triforce, I don't see what sort of adventure she could get into without breaking from that essential role she plays. The furthest I see her as a playable character is being able to control her for a given period of time like in Wind Waker.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Zelda may be associated with wisdom because in some games she possesses the Triforce of Wisdom, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't aid Link in his quest in a more physically aggressive manner. In fact, Tetra was pretty tough. She robbed people and commanded her own band of pirates. She freakin' attacked Ganon's face.

If Zelda was to fight (be it co-op play or interchaning sides [like in Fire Emblem]), then I'd rather not see her use magic abilities... at least, not pure magic abilities. I'd like to see her brandish a sword or dagger. If not, arrows would do. I would not, however, wish to see her take up an alter ego. I've grown tired of that, and I wish they'd give it a rest.

I think controlling Zelda for a few moments, possibly a side mission, would be a refreshing experience for the series. I do think that if this were to happen, though, it should be with a brand new Princess Zelda, and not one we've come to know by now.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Zelda may be associated with wisdom because in some games she possesses the Triforce of Wisdom, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't aid Link in his quest in a more physically aggressive manner. In fact, Tetra was pretty tough. She robbed people and commanded her own band of pirates. She freakin' attacked Ganon's face.

If Zelda was to fight (be it co-op play or interchaning sides [like in Fire Emblem]), then I'd rather not see her use magic abilities... at least, not pure magic abilities. I'd like to see her brandish a sword or dagger. If not, arrows would do. I would not, however, wish to see her take up an alter ego. I've grown tired of that, and I wish they'd give it a rest.

I think controlling Zelda for a few moments, possibly a side mission, would be a refreshing experience for the series. I do think that if this were to happen, though, it should be with a brand new Princess Zelda, and not one we've come to know by now.
I could see Zelda taking up arrows once again. Heck, she's had enough experience with light arrows, I'm sure she'd be able to handle fire, ice or regular arrows too.

And yes, we would have to have a new incarnation of Zelda for it to work.

One thing though, I like the idea of her alter ego. I personally liked Shiek a lot more in Ocarina of Time rather than Princess Zelda herself, even though they were the same person. I would love to see a revival of Shiek in a new game. Controlling Shiek for a side mission would be nice, or just controlling Zelda for a while with arrows.

I think if we were to have a new Zelda with a new attitude, it would have to be displayed a load of times before you got to actually control her for the time being.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
I just don't see how this could work. I mean, maybe for a very short time, but still, how would you make it work? What weapons would she use? Light Arrows? Silver Arrows? Other than that, I don't see Zelda using any other weapon. Am I missing something?

gotta have a little faith in Nintendo... i'm sure they could come up with a few different ways to use zelda like spells(as mentioned earlier) she could have her own items too... she could even fight along side of Link she does have her own sword in TP doesn't she...

i think maybe this idea could work out, i always did like the idea of using bith Medli and Link together during that one temple in WW... kinda like switching between Kafei and Link in MM. or maybe zelda could have her own small parts just like Peach did in Paper Mario...

yeah i think this is not a bad idea

Zarom

The King
The best idea I thought of would be that at one point in the game, we would play Zelda :zelda: and we would have to sneak in Hyrule Castle talking to guards, servants, etc. Like a stealth with Zelda instead of Link. :)

So, a stealth part with Zelda :zelda:!

Last edited:

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I could see Zelda having a game to herself, or as people have said earlier in this tread, co-op or sidekick (like what we are seeing of her role in Spirit Tracks.) My assumption would be if she is going to have a role in any games she would be a spellcaster, and maybe use the bow. I would think Nintendo will try out having her participate or be temporarily playable in a few games before she would get her own game.

Back some years ago I wouldn't have thought so, but in the newer games she has grown as a character, more impotence to the games and less of a damsel. Like her portrayal in WW, She was tough as Tetra and helped in the final battle. Even in TP she has a stronger personality then the classics. While she didn't play a big part (at least I don't think, haven't played it really), she was seen with a sword, she clearly could fight. How well on her own hasn't been explored much though. And even in OOT as Sheik she took more of a direct role, and could fight a little?, and as a child she was working hard to save Hyrule though lacked the means to do it alone. She has always been strong in magic too but Nintendo has done very little with that.

With the Smash Brother games taken into count and with her role in Spirit Tracks, this could be the start. How well the reception of Zelda as a sidekick/playable character goes, Nintendo may consider giving her a larger role in future games.

Last edited:

Odin

The Dark Prince of Hyrule
it's about time we get to be zelda for once while Link distracts these guards or gardeners. if zelda wasn't playable then this game wouldn't exist neither would the title from 1987.

S

spirit

Link could use his Item collection and Zelda can use her Spells. just think how big the spells would be making its return. When you use the spells, you play note, LIke OoT.

Agreed!!!!!!

Id say this game revolves around mirrors and soul stuff

Haha this is my idea

After a while in the game, (after begining and all) Theres a cut scene:

Zelda is in trouble, and Link Rushes in to save her. The main villian tries to push Zelda into the mirror, to sever her soul from her body! The main villian tries to have her soul so he can extract the Triforce from her body(thus destroying her body too)

Zelda is pushed towards the backend of the main mirror, and link rushes in to save her. Zelda hits the mirror a second before Link, and her soul comes out. Link runs into the mirror loosing his soul too, but this time it transferred into Zelda's body. Links body is souless right now, and is in Zelda's body. The main villain then kidnaps Zelda body and teleports away, but right before he does, he destroys the mirror, into 7 piece and scatters them across the world. Zelda (link soul) is unconsious right now.

Link eventually awakes up, to see bars in front of him. He sees 2 people fighting.
Main Villian: I captured her body! her soul cannot return unless its a full moon with the mirror, but I scattered the mirror pieces across the world!
Main Villian 2: You fool we extract the triforce using the mirror! Now were going to have to find the pieces!
Main Villain 1: Im not an idiot! There is another way, the reflection lake! On the next full moon we will extract the triforce!!!!
Main Villain 2: And all we have to do is keep the boy in green away from the peices!
Main Villain 1: Exactly! And we will get the triforce!
They leave laughing

Link (Zelda body) wakes up and looks around, then he realizes hes zelda! He hears a whispering noise next to him
Didya hear that? I can return to my body if we get the pieces of the mirror back! But it sounds like we have to do it before a full moon!
Link (zelda body) turns to see a spirit bouncing up and down, it was princess zelda!

After a few momments of chatting link gets control of the body.
Spirit zelda gives him a small tutorial on how to operate him, and lets him go off..
Zelda realizes its hopeless to get out, and takes out a piece of mirror. She explains to link how it was a small part of the mirror and should return links body. Link (zelda) touches the mirror and blacks out.

Momments later, Link wakes up back in the palace with the brocken peices of glass, princess zelda appears next to him and explains to him the mirror trick.

How ya like that? lol it sounds like a phun game id play!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I'd rather play as Zelda than be stuck living without magic. If they're going to take away Link's magical capacity, then it only makes sense to allow the player to access magic by playing as Zelda.

The real question is, how much could we play as Zelda without fans complaining? I suppose it would really depend on how good the game was. If they made a game that was as intriguing as OoT or something, I doubt anyone in their right mind would complain if you happened to play as Zelda. People tend to pick more on the game not living up to tradition when the game itself isn't very good, but tend to overlook it when the game pulls off whatever it tries to do well.

I don't want Zelda to rescue Link or anything like that, but I might still like to see a game where Zelda has to deal with an issue because Link is off adventuring elsewhere (such a game could easily be placed in Hyrule during Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, or Majora's Mask, and give new insight into the timeline debates).

Alternatively, it might be nice to have a game filled with dungeons that work on a similar principle to the Spirit Temple. That is, they'd require you to clear one part of it as Link, and another part as Zelda. Basically, instead of the Light/Dark, Young/Adult, or Wolf/Human concept, we could have a Zelda/Link concept. If done that way, it could tie in quite nicely with the rest of the Zelda series. I hear ST has already laid the basic foundation in the series for such a thing to be done, but I haven't played it yet due since I'm still struggling with PH.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I don't think I would like it very much, she's the person your meant to save, not the person your meant to experience the game with.
I wouldn't like the idea of having a game with anyone else but Link, especially not with Zelda.
I mean what you do as Zelda?
Save Link from Ganondorf with your trusty Triforce of Wisdom?

linkman8

True and Noble
If it were similar to Spirit Tracks where you were working together towards a common goal, then I would be happy to play as her. If it were a "Zelda save Link" scenario, then no, I would not like to play as her.
Although if I were to play as her, she'd better not be as good with a sword as Link, and should make up for that with some cool magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom