• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PlatinumGames Developing a Legend of Korra Game

I was talking to JJ about this game a few hours ago on Skype and I am definitely excited. It looks very ambitious for a downloadable game.

The art style instantly caught my attention. It appears very faithful to the show.

As far as game play is concerned, grounds combat seems to get repetitive after a while. Luckily, other sequences like riding on Naga are present to offer some variety.

The story is probably nonsensical since Equalists are present and the events of the game unfold between books two and three, however, I'll get over it for the chance to enjoy playing a game based on one of my favorite shows.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Why couldn't this have been made for the original Avatar series. :( Can't wait to nab this though, love Avatar and always wanted a great game based on the series. Thank you Platinum!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
this game will be mediocre. given that, i will look forward to it with a pinch of salt in my underwear. for this sake, i think we should not be hyped for it -- even as fans of the series. as we know, show-to-game adaptations tend to be terrible. even though platinum is great at developing, the mere fact that activision has its hands on the title will ensure mediocrity.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Really excited for this, I'm glad everything I've seen is pointing this being the great game Avatar always deserved! Platinum, where the hell were you all those years ago when we got crappy tie-ins? :(

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Really excited for this, I'm glad everything I've seen is pointing this being the great game Avatar always deserved! Platinum, where the hell were you all those years ago when we got crappy tie-ins? :(

Not being asked by Activision to make a game.

Actually, they were literally just getting started up. They were formed in 2007 when Seeds, Inc. (a company founded by key members of Capcom's deceased branch Clover Studios, including Shinji Mikami & Hideki Kamiya) and ODD Incorporated merged, and they didn't release their first game until 2009. They unfortunately had no real chance to make an Avatar game, as that series ran from 2005-2008.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Not being asked by Activision to make a game.

Actually, they were literally just getting started up. They were formed in 2007 when Seeds, Inc. (a company founded by key members of Capcom's deceased branch Clover Studios, including Shinji Mikami & Hideki Kamiya) and ODD Incorporated merged, and they didn't release their first game until 2009. They unfortunately had no real chance to make an Avatar game, as that series ran from 2005-2008.

I wasn't being serious, I know about Platinum Games. :P Was just saying I wish we could have had a good game with Aang and crew rather than Korra, since I much preferred the former series' characters and story and they never got a good game made.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Platinum should develop Shadow the Hedgehog 2.

Also, will this Legend of Korra game have Rules of Nature?

Platinum should develop Shadow the Hedgehog 2.

Also, will this Legend of Korra game have Rules of Nature?

I've been reading reviews of the game, and I'm disappointed that it turned out to be a dud. The consensus seems to be that the story has no relation to the show whatsoever, the dialogue is near nonexistent, and the enemies are extremely easy to defeat.

It seems Avatar series in general never receives faithful adaptation to other formats. First there was the failed movie, now this videogame. The shows are enough for me - they stand as my favorite Western animated shows - but to see them so misrepresented is certainly disheartening.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I really think the game itself will be kinda mediocre compared with other games in the same genre. But I am a huge Korra fan however, and I'd love the chance to play as the Avatar. I'm actually kinda curious how going in the Avatar State will be like gameplay wise. Hope they don't use quick time events for that and just come up with some actual gameplay mechanics. The Nagga minigame part kinda reminded me of the Temple Runner game for Android and IOS :P

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Shame to see such mixed reviews for a game I was looking forward to, but I think expectations may have been a bit inflated, which seems to be a common trend currently in this generation. This is, after all, a budget title being sold for $15 and a lot of reviewers seem to be missing that part and expecting a triple-A, 20-25 hour long epic. Seems to be averaging a 6 - 7 out of 10 which is still good.

It seems like the stuff that Platinum did was good but not great, and then dragged down by the rest. Guys in charge of story half-arsed it for sure. Will definitely still be buying it anyway, only $15 and I've seen more good than bad about it. Can't be any worse than the other Avatar games I've played!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom