• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Platinum Team Help/suggestions.

Hey friends! Looking for some advice on my new team. So far I'll be using Leafeon, Espeon, Piplup, Lucario, Crobat and.... I dunno. I'm looking for a well rounded team but I'm not sure if I should get a rock type or fire or somthin'. What do you think? :thinking:

Kybyrian

With the team you're looking at you, you don't have any major weaknesses, but these are it:

2 Bug
2 Electric
2 Ice

And these are your resistances:

2 Ice
2 Bug
1 Electric

As it is your team isn't doing too bad. Lucario is a big ice-type counter, so you're good on Ice for the most part. Bug is not a giant threat, but I fear for Scizor. Scizor can sweep through your entire team if set up correctly, considering you have no fire-types. Electric can really hurt your team, so it may be good to have a ground-type somewhere in there. You may want to consider replacing your Piplup with a ground-type Pokemon and then filling in your last slot with a fire-type. This would give you a well-rounded resistance to ice, electric, and bug, while also eliminating an electric/grass weakness and adding a counter. I may suggest a Rhyperior for the Rock/Ground type to replace Piplup, and a Fire-type such as Heatran or a bulky dragon dance Pokemon like Salamence.

V

Vaati24895

u would want to get a camerupt as they cover up the most of your weaknesses...but only if u dont want to rid of any1 off your team....this would work well on your team.....

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
If you're looking for a rock or ground type guy then I'd suggest Tyranitar or Aggron. For a more ground oriented guy I'd say Flygon, Hippowdown, or Swampert. If you plan on doing a really competitive team then check out some movesets on smogon.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom