• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Platinum Games X Nintendo IP

Platinum Games are the powerhouse developers behind titles such as Bayonetta, Nier Automata and Astral Chain.

Their prowess for visceral action games is off the charts and I can't wait to see what they do next...

But what if what they did next was to bring their distinct brand of action to a Nintendo IP?

If they did, which Nintendo IP would you like to see them take on?

Cooking Mama

97dde898e84b3b9cc124d53ea027a5f7.jpg

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I've always thought they would be perfect for Kid Icarus since a lot of what we've seen in Kid Icarus: Uprising is stuff Platinum has done and done better. F-Zero is a little out there, but it's a fast paced racer and while I don't think Platinum has ever done a racing game, they definitely know a lot about fast paced action.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Platinum proved with Astral Chain and to a lesser extent Nier: Automata that they could work with sci-fi oriented settings. Therefore, I wouldn't mind them getting the reins to a fast paced Xeno game without the lite MMO fixtures attached. The Chimera already acted like Blades from XC2 by being linked to the wielder and attacking from command inputs. Reworking the Battle Palettes to correspond with standard light/heavy attacks would be well within Platinum's field of expertise, on top of all the other deep mechanics they could pile on. Overall, I'd welcome their spin to one of Nintendo's greatest current franchises.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
A Zelda or Fire Emblem character action game would be an obvious fit, but I can totally see a Wario Land or Donkey Kong 3D beat em' up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom