• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Planning For The Future

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Basically what the thread title says...

Do you plan for the future? Have you got your future mapped out, whatever age you may be?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't plan for anything. Plans always screw up. I had a job and I planned to save money. Quit that job after five months. I planned to save money over this summer, but I didn't have a job and couldn't get one. I planned to have a happy celebratory day yesterday, and it didn't pan out the way I had in mind. I definitely won't plan for the future. I just go with the flow, really.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I used to have a plan, but seeing as everything is so different now due to decisions I've made and stuff, that plan has gone down the loo and now I don't really have one. I have vague ideas but I'm just going to cross those bridges when I come to them because I've come to a point where I feel you can never really know what the future holds until you're living it.

My original plan was, go to uni, study history, get my degree, go do [insert job because i never actually decided what I wanted to do. I just kind of vaguely imagined something very interesting and mildly important], fall in love, plod along, go on holiday to interesting places, get old, collect antiques, die.
But then I dropped out of uni, got a job in a pub, got fired from the pub, got a job in a sports shop, and vaguely decided I should reapply to uni and do something else, though again I don't really know what, then just see where I end up.

My absolute dream would be to do something involving music and/or writing, but it all seems very far away at the moment. I have to remind myself I'm only 19 haha! I would like to move to Nashville to be honest. It's a place that has always drawn me. But then I love England and America scares me so idk :/ I guess I don't have a plan!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My absolute dream would be to do something involving music and/or writing, but it all seems very far away at the moment. I have to remind myself I'm only 19 haha! I would like to move to Nashville to be honest. It's a place that has always drawn me. But then I love England and America scares me so idk :/ I guess I don't have a plan!
No. Stay very far away from America. It is a hell-hole full of illiterate denigrates. I know this for a fact because I AM one of those IDs. :/

Okay that wasn't so nice. But it's still true. :/

Also, I consider you guys who have any form of plan post secondary/high school to be really lucky. I don't know what I want to do. At all.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I've been planning my future since eighth grade. Middle school, high school, college, and beyond. I have a general plan of what I'd like to do with some specifics, but not specific to the point where I'm emotionally committed to traveling only one path. I have an immediate plan and a life plan. The life plan is really the vague one; all it says is do well in high school, go to a prestigious college, and enjoy a successful medical or legal career. That's the definite plan for sure.

My immediate plan encompasses high school and preparing for college. Some highlights are to take as many honors/AP classes as possible, do as well on the SAT/ACT as possible (always aiming for that perfect 2400/36), and graduate at the top of my class. I'd love to be the valedictorian of my class simply because there are some people I'd really like to show up because they're *******s. :) A side part in this plan is to take my basketball team to states senior year. I don't know how realistic this is, but it's something to try to work towards. My immediate plan is much more detailed than my life plan because I can currently control this and actively work on these steps of the plan. Getting into a good college and enjoying a successful career can only be accomplished by completing my high school plan to the best of my ability.

After high school, all I know is I want to get whatever kind of job I can to gain work experience and, of course, a nice paycheck. Any kind of money is good money.

I do a lot of planning for the future, yeah. I'm really concerned about my future, what with the state of the economy and all that jazz. I think I'll be okay because I am preparing myself to handle that type of responsibility early on.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Planning your life rarely works out, because life happens. Every overall plan I try to make gets foiled one way or another by life's odd twists and turns, so now I just don't bother with planning anything bigger than my vacations.

I completely gave up entirely on planning my future out. I had the best plan any gamer would ever love to have. Going to college and then becoming a Beta tester. But due to getting hit with cancer three times(malignant tumor twice in the chest and third time being hit with MDS[Pre AML]) and then randomly getting hit with seizures in 2k11(which was 5 years in remission(keep in mind I had no history of it what so ever).

So now all I have to say is: "Screw making ANY friggin' plans all together."

Nicole

luke is my wife
Even piracy and selling your body? o_O

No but really, that's a good mentality. Keep a job - any job - so long as it makes you a decent buck. ^^

Actually one kidney goes for about $228,000 on the black market. That's enough to send me to Harvard for four years and cover room and board and books and all that jazz. I haven't ruled it out.

Ideally, starting out, I'd like to work at some sort of an ice cream place making minimum wage, but chances are I'm gonna find another job cleaning toilets. I don't mind as long as I have something to do and make something decent out of it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually one kidney goes for about $228,000 on the black market. That's enough to send me to Harvard for four years and cover room and board and books and all that jazz. I haven't ruled it out.
**** Harvard at that point. ;p
Ideally, starting out, I'd like to work at some sort of an ice cream place making minimum wage, but chances are I'm gonna find another job cleaning toilets. I don't mind as long as I have something to do and make something decent out of it.
I have to stress that when you get your first "teen" job, make sure you'll be busy at all times. That is one of the ulterior reasons why I quit my latest job: I had absolutely nothing to do. I was essentially in a cage, constantly being watched to do a job that I didn't really HAVE to do.

I'm aware that you said "any money is good money," but you may end up quitting a job due to sheer boredom and that simply isn't the right thing to do (wish I knew that >_>).

Majora's Cat

How about that
Planning your life rarely works out, because life happens. Every overall plan I try to make gets foiled one way or another by life's odd twists and turns, so now I just don't bother with planning anything bigger than my vacations.

That's Chaos Theory, as far as careers go: the ideology that one's career path is determined as much by unknown variables as by careful planning and perseverance. While I, for one, strictly limit myself to doing what is necessary for entering a top echelon college or university and for entering law school and taking the Bar Exam thereafter, anything that happens afterwards is subject to Chaos Theory. It's easy to plan for events in the future if the future is predictable and streamlined, such as the college admissions process.

It's still helpful to plan ahead. However, you should never expect plans to come to fruition. And when reality doesn't meet expectations, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. Rather, I see planning as a tool to help motivate yourself, to guide yourself in the right general direction. Having specific focuses makes you more productive.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I like to think realistically about what my future may look like. I've considered many factors in my life to create an idea of how my future will pan out. For example: I'm aware that my family has financial issues, and as such I'm trying to see where I can squeeze college in there. Taking my grades into consideration, the chances of me getting into an Ivy League school is pretty much 0; therefore, I've come to accept the fact that I'll have to attend a local college/university. Not to mention I'll have to find a job quickly in order to not only support my family, but also pay for college. There's also the possibility that I won't even attend college, but I'll do whatever it takes to get in wherever I can.

Though I have a general grasp of what my future education will look like, I also need to focus on the present/immediate future. As of right now during my high school years, I'd like to enroll in at least 5 AP classes. Aside from that, I'd like to stay on the Honors track as well. Additionally, I hope to acquire a sufficient amount of service hours, at least double the graduation requirement. There's also the matter of achieving decent SAT and ACT scores. I'm not going to aim for perfect, but I'd like something I can be moderately proud of.

On another non-academic note, I'd like to lose weight as well. Maybe 25lbs a year, more or less. It's a very high goal for me, but hopefully I can get there slowly, but surely. There's also the matter of getting taller, but I don't believe I have control over that. I'll just stretch everyday and see what happens then.

To wrap up this lame post of nonsense, I'd like to say that I hope my future is very bright, but I know that I'm going to encounter a lot of bumps in the road. In the end, though, I hope the odds are forever in my favor. :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
On another non-academic note, I'd like to lose weight as well. Maybe 25lbs a year, more or less

Whoa hey, aren't you as skinny as a twig? Be careful about that weight-loss shizzle. I know a girl who tried to lose a lot of weight...but the thing is, she really didn't need to. She died two years later :(

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Whoa hey, aren't you as skinny as a twig? Be careful about that weight-loss shizzle. I know a girl who tried to lose a lot of weight...but the thing is, she really didn't need to. She died two years later :(

No, I'm far from a twig. Very, very far. I'm sorry to hear that, though. She must've been a very beautiful woman. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom