• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Placement of New Zelda Title?

T

travisback

I'm already conspiring of where this new game will actually fit in with the "timeline" if there is even one, or even if Nintendo is trying to piece one together as they go.

Alright, as known the artwork for the title features a Link with some silver girl, most likely a re-encaration of the Master sword(of sorts). What if this is what finally pieces in games like FS and FSA, as an explanation as to why there is no master sword in those games, which could explain the LoZ and AoL placement in the timeline. After this game, could it be possible that there be a resurrection of the master sword in a future game, in order to make a definite placement of MC, FS, and FSA in the timeline.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Either inbetween MM and TP as another story of the HoT, or it's a story about the MS's origins in which case it would fall before OoT.

I'm all about timelines. It's the main reason I joined the forum, and I'll never give up trying to piece ALL the games together, but my pet timeline has the original 2, LoZ and AoL, after the water recedes after WW. Now Spirit Tracks has thown a bit of a wrench in. Everything I've seen suggests that it really meant to take place after PH, in which case I'm not sure my original idea will still work. I'll just have to play the game and see. Even though I think fans can force the early games into a timeline, my opinion is that Nintendo has only started to make a timeline since OoT. Every game since then seems to have been created in relation to OoT except maybe the oracles games.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I'm random mass guessing that it's after TP.
I'm kind of hoping it continues some of the events in TP, as they left a lot of potential for an awesome sequel, than never did anything about it.....

I mean, we've got the whole trying to get to Midna option, chancer for an older Colin who could be training under Link, tons of potentially solid plot.

Knowing Nintendo though, its something completely different and all the potential awesome will be ignored for the rest of time.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Either inbetween MM and TP as another story of the HoT, or it's a story about the MS's origins in which case it would fall before OoT.

I'm one of the few who doesn't think that girl in the picture is the Master Sword. There have literally been absolutely no developer quotes to suggest that. It's all fan based hype. The only thing about the sword that Miyamoto/Aonuma has mentioned is that there is some significance as to why the picture shows him without a sword and that the old Zelda we all know will change forever. I didn't hear anything in there about the girl having a connection to the missing sword nor has there never been any statement that the girl is connected to the missing sword. She could easily just be a supporting/traveling companion like Navi or Midna or even how Zelda will be in ST.

Think of it this way, if this girl is the spirit of the Master Sword then how come every Master Sword in the series doesn't have a spirit? Unless it's explained in the game, then it seems impossible for this girl to actually be the Master Sword or spirit of in any way. If the Master Sword somehow loses its spirit then there would be no point to have it in the rest of the series beacuse I would view that as the Master Sword losing its power.

The bottom line is that the only talk of the girl being the Master Sword is all fan hype. The developers haven't hinted at it in any way.

my pet timeline has the original 2, LoZ and AoL, after the water recedes after WW. Now Spirit Tracks has thown a bit of a wrench in. Everything I've seen suggests that it really meant to take place after PH, in which case I'm not sure my original idea will still work. I'll just have to play the game and see.

It's already been confirmed that ST is a sequel to PH and it takes place 100 years after PH in a new land that Zelda and Tetra found and named Hyrule. The waters did no reced from WW. A new Hyrule was found.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
my pet timeline has the original 2, LoZ and AoL, after the water recedes after WW. Now Spirit Tracks has thown a bit of a wrench in. Everything I've seen suggests that it really meant to take place after PH, in which case I'm not sure my original idea will still work. I'll just have to play the game and see.

ST takes place in a new Hyrule, far away from the original. The water could still recede after WW and LoZ/AoL could follow, even at the same time as ST (though likely much later) but in a different place. Basically, ST shouldn't really contradict the timeline, except perhaps move some games (idk which) to New Hyrule.

I'm one of the few who doesn't think that girl in the picture is the Master Sword. There have literally been absolutely no developer quotes to suggest that. It's all fan based hype. The only thing about the sword that Miyamoto/Aonuma has mentioned is that there is some significance as to why the picture shows him without a sword and that the old Zelda we all know will change forever. I didn't hear anything in there about the girl having a connection to the missing sword nor has there never been any statement that the girl is connected to the missing sword. She could easily just be a supporting/traveling companion like Navi or Midna or even how Zelda will be in ST.

Think of it this way, if this girl is the spirit of the Master Sword then how come every Master Sword in the series doesn't have a spirit? Unless it's explained in the game, then it seems impossible for this girl to actually be the Master Sword or spirit of in any way. If the Master Sword somehow loses its spirit then there would be no point to have it in the rest of the series beacuse I would view that as the Master Sword losing its power.

The bottom line is that the only talk of the girl being the Master Sword is all fan hype. The developers haven't hinted at it in any way.

I agree with Zemen here. I really see no way that the girl could possibly be the spirit of the MS. The only connection I can see existing between her and the MS would be if the sword was forged in her image.

My guess (and that's all it is; no evidence at all) is that the girl is the Fairy Queen, and she conveys the message from the goddesses to the sages to forge the MS, so they forge it in resemblance to her.
But of course that's very farfetched, so I'm keeping my mind wide open for other possibilities. She's most likely just a companion, as Zemen said.

Pinecove

Last Chance
There have literally been absolutely no developer quotes to suggest that.

ONM:
Zelda mastermind Eiji Aonuma has told ONM that some of the speculation surrounding the Zelda Wii artwork released at E3 was right - but wouldn't confirm anything more.

Who is the character standing in front of Link?
Speaking in an ONM-exclusive interview, Aonuma confirmed that someone out there in internet land has already worked out what the deal is with the character standing in front of Link in the E3 artwork - but wasn't allowed to say any more.

"You will have to wait until next year when we can elaborate on this and many other things," said Aonuma. "But what I can tell you is that yes I have read some of the speculation, and some of it is right! That is all I can say at the moment."

Also:

user5320009pic159201253.jpg

I'm really unsure as to how it's NOT the master sword.

My guess (and that's all it is; no evidence at all) is that the girl is the Fairy Queen, and she conveys the message from the goddesses to the sages to forge the MS, so they forge it in resemblance to her.

Oooo...I like that...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
All the quote says is that some of the speculation is right. There is a LOT of speculation on what the new Zelda would be like so narrowing it down to saying that this one thing is right is still/the epitome of fan hype.

The girl looks more like the fairy on motherdaughter(?) isle from WW than she does the Master Sword.

Also, the only true resemblence I see is the fact that she's purple and the hilt of the Master Sword is purple. Other than that, everything else just seems to be overkill speculation. Her robe looks nothing like the apendiges coming out the side of the Master Sword. The hat of her head is pointed. So what? So are the tops of the hats/heads of all of the fairys throughout WW. Those gems don't look alike at all. The gem on the Master Sword in that picture is gold while the gem on her body is clearly blueish. The netting on her pants looks like the netting on the Master Sword. Woopty doo. A girl wearing netting panty hose isn't something new.

Also, keep in mind that she is being compared to the Master Sword from OoT/TP. The Master Swords in the rest of the series look completely different and when compared to this girl have absolutely no similarites. WW Master Sword is blue without the design on the handle and the Master Sword from ALTTP has a redish handle with yellow appendiges.

If you're going to compare her to the Master Sword then you have to compare her to all designs of the Master Sword which don't compare at all with this girl.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
All the quote says is that some of the speculation is right. There is a LOT of speculation on what the new Zelda would be like so narrowing it down to saying that this one thing is right is still/the epitome of fan hype.

The girl looks more like the fairy on motherdaughter(?) isle from WW than she does the Master Sword.

Also, the only true resemblence I see is the fact that she's purple and the hilt of the Master Sword is purple. Other than that, everything else just seems to be overkill speculation. Her robe looks nothing like the apendiges coming out the side of the Master Sword. The hat of her head is pointed. So what? So are the tops of the hats/heads of all of the fairys throughout WW. Those gems don't look alike at all. The gem on the Master Sword in that picture is gold while the gem on her body is clearly blueish. The netting on her pants looks like the netting on the Master Sword. Woopty doo. A girl wearing netting panty hose isn't something new.

Also, keep in mind that she is being compared to the Master Sword from OoT/TP. The Master Swords in the rest of the series look completely different and when compared to this girl have absolutely no similarites. WW Master Sword is blue without the design on the handle and the Master Sword from ALTTP has a redish handle with yellow appendiges.

If you're going to compare her to the Master Sword then you have to compare her to all designs of the Master Sword which don't compare at all with this girl.
Zemen you just hate all theories don't you?
Anyways, you don't have to compare her to all designs of the Master Sword because if she is the Spirit of the Master Sword, then that means they aren't using those other designs for the Master Sword in this game. Also, there are you clearly pointing out all the similarities between her and the Master Sword, but still denying it. Personally, i'm not sure what she is, so I don't have an opinion on the subject, but her being the Master Sword is the most likely case, you shouldn't count fan speculation as false so quickly, they were right about Zelda being a spirit in ST just from box art.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Zemen you just hate all theories don't you?

I don't hate all theories, obviously. If I did then I wouldn't have any of my own. My theory of Wii Zelda is.... that we should wait and see before everyone gets ahead of themselves.

Anyways, you don't have to compare her to all designs of the Master Sword because if she is the Spirit of the Master Sword, then that means they aren't using those other designs for the Master Sword in this game..

Then that defeats the purpose of there being any other Master Sword designs. If she is the spirit of the Master Sword then all Master Swords should look the same. Alos, if she is the spirit of the Master Sword then how come there is no spirit in any other game with the Master Sword? She obviously can't be the actual Master Sword because if she was then this game would have to take place first and she would have to die or disappear because she is in no other game where the Master Sword is present. It's much more likely that she creates it or has some hand in creating it, but the idea of her actually being the Master Sword or the spirit of it should be completely out of question just based on the state of the Master Sword in every other game.

Also, yes, you do have to compare her to every Master Sword. There is only one Master Sword but 3 different designs. She only has 1/3 of the Master Swords overall legacy down, and even then I explained how most of that can be explained which brings me to your next point.

Also, there are you clearly pointing out all the similarities between her and the Master Sword, but still denying it..

I don't think you read my post at all. I was showing how all of those similarities can be explained in other ways or how they can be refuted.

1. People compare her head to the balde of the MS because her head is pointy. She looks like a fairy person and ALL fairy people from WW have pointy heads. That explains the pointy head without it being the MS blade. Also, look up the term Fairy Queen from WW and you will see that the Fairy Queen in WW and this new girl have the same exact hair style and pretty much the same exact facial design.

2. The purple wing like things coming out the side at the top of the MS hilt would be upside down when compared to how they are relative to her body. The top of the hilt has the wing things pointing up while on the Fairy girl her cape is pointing down, the complete opposite way of the top of the hilt.

3. The gem on her body is blueish. The gem on the Master Sword is gold and not even shaped the same.

All of the big comparisons are easily explained with other comparisons throughout the series. Look at the Fairy Queen. This girl looks like a perfect TP counterpart of the Fairy Queen from WW. Maybe the Fairy Queen is the spirit of the Master Sword in WW!!!! The Master Sword in WW is blue and the Fairy Queen is kinda blue!!!

Personally, i'm not sure what she is, so I don't have an opinion on the subject, but her being the Master Sword is the most likely case, you shouldn't count fan speculation as false so quickly.

How is it the most likely case? This girl has the same exact face, hair style and body coloring as the Fairy Queen. Who cares if her clothes are the same color as ONE of the designs of the Master Sword? The fact that she looks like the Fairy Queen is much more obvious and distinct. My guess is that she is some sort of fairy person who is important to the story. I'm not denying that she might have something to do with the Master Sword but the idea of her BEING the Master Sword just seems outrageous to me. It would cause a bunch of plot holes in all other games that contain the Master Sword.

they were right about Zelda being a spirit in ST just from box art.

Well when you see a picutre of Zelda looking like a ghost it's easy to guess that she's going to be a ghost (or spirit)....

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'd like to point out that they could have the 'bad guy' of the game (hopefully not Ganon/dorf, as that could cause HUGE placement problems) cast a spell on the Master Sword, most likely so Link doesn't have its evil-repelling powers at his desposal, producing the unwanted side-effect of the companion. Then Link could break the spell at the end (by defeating the 'bad guy'), returning the MS back to normal forever without creating plot holes in the other games.

...but I still think it's the Fairy Queen. I really think we could use a story about the fairies.

EDIT: Upon further consideration, I don't think the MS would be succeptible to that kind of thing. I mean, in WW, Ganondorf had to kill the Sages in order to remove the power from the MS.

T

travisback

Pinecove, that pic is awesome, i think the most hinting detail is the crosses on her legs and on the handle thing of the MS. Thats where I see the connection at, it may be hype, but i;m just assuming that it pieces it together like that

Doesn't seem like Nintendo to add to the WW story when ST was just released. The figure does resemble the little kid fairy from WW, but that's just it: This one looks much more mature and...... powerful? I dunno, but I seriously doubt Zelda Wii will have anything to do with WW or the so-called "Adult Timeline" as you all put it. Seems more like Nintendo to make a game that really doesn't depend on anything else as far as chronological order goes. TP was like that after all. That leads me to believe that it'll be either a distant sequel to TP, or it will indeed take place before every game so far.Don't get me started on the girl-is-the-sword thing. I'm not taking sides, but what I do know, is that the last three interviews with Miyamoto were basically this:

"Dude, tell us more about that blue girl, please." "No, I can't, but Link's sword is missing."

"So you gonna tell us about the fairy chick now?" "Absolutely not, but look, Link's right hand is empty."

"So, about that shiny looking thing that's with Link in the picture...." "I'm not going to say anything, but all Link has is a shield you know...."

Okay, so they weren't like that at all, but you get my point. He brings up the lack of a sword every ****ing time fairy girl is mentioned. Anyone have anything else?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Doesn't seem like Nintendo to add to the WW story when ST was just released. The figure does resemble the little kid fairy from WW, but that's just it: This one looks much more mature and...... powerful? I dunno, but I seriously doubt Zelda Wii will have anything to do with WW or the so-called "Adult Timeline" as you all put it. Seems more like Nintendo to make a game that really doesn't depend on anything else as far as chronological order goes. TP was like that after all. That leads me to believe that it'll be either a distant sequel to TP, or it will indeed take place before every game so far.

iirc, fairies age backwards (I think the Fairy queen said that herself)
--nevermind, I can't find the quote. I must have gotten that impression from the description of the sculputure:
"She appears to be but a child, but she is
much greater and more powerful than the
Great Fairies."
but that could mean anything.

Anyway... I agree that it won't come after WW. It will either be long before OoT, or somewhere on the CT but without any strong relation to the other games. As Nintendo said, they concentrate on gameplay first, then try to fit the game into the storyline.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Doesn't seem like Nintendo to add to the WW story when ST was just released. The figure does resemble the little kid fairy from WW, but that's just it: This one looks much more mature and...... powerful? I dunno, but I seriously doubt Zelda Wii will have anything to do with WW or the so-called "Adult Timeline" as you all put it. Seems more like Nintendo to make a game that really doesn't depend on anything else as far as chronological order goes. TP was like that after all. That leads me to believe that it'll be either a distant sequel to TP, or it will indeed take place before every game so far.Don't get me started on the girl-is-the-sword thing. I'm not taking sides, but what I do know, is that the last three interviews with Miyamoto were basically this:

"Dude, tell us more about that blue girl, please." "No, I can't, but Link's sword is missing."

"So you gonna tell us about the fairy chick now?" "Absolutely not, but look, Link's right hand is empty."

"So, about that shiny looking thing that's with Link in the picture...." "I'm not going to say anything, but all Link has is a shield you know...."

Okay, so they weren't like that at all, but you get my point. He brings up the lack of a sword every ****ing time fairy girl is mentioned. Anyone have anything else?

I'm not saying that Zelda Wii will be connected to WW, I'm just saying that this girl in the picture is a perfect TP graphics styling of WW's Fairy Queen. Same EXACT facial design, hair style and eyes. If you really think about it, the only 2 things that match the girl to the Master Sword are her legs, which just seem to be leg nettings which are not uncommon. In fact, I believe that the great fairies in OoT had netting for their legs. And the only other similarity is that she is wearing purple. Keep in mind that her skin is not purple, just her clothes. Everything else is a stretch to say it resembles the Master Sword.

Also, There are no interviews where people specifically ask about the girl where the subject is changed from the girl to the missing sword. I looked up interviews and I wasn't even able to find any questions that people asked about the girl. All I could find was Miyamoto pointing out the fact that Link is swordless. Leaving out information about the girl is not uncommon. If I recall, there was no information on Midna until TP was actually released. I can't recall getting any information on who she was or what her BS was until TP was released. Before TP's release she was just a face on a screen shot. Seems to be the same deal here. Just a face on a screen shot til we learn more.

An idea that I had is this. Miyamoto/Aonuma has made it a point to say that TP was the end of Zelda as we know it. For all we know, the lack of sword could symbolise the utilization of new weapons. Maybe we will get a game where you can collect multiple melee weapons for use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom