• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Placement of Link's Awakening in the Timeline?

Navi was, however, the only one of his friends that he departed from at the end of his adventure. When the "adventure ends" is not clear, though. But I think that it wouldn't make sense if Link wre looking for someone that he was not shown to part with OoT.

So, let us put it the other way: Who else is a possible candidate?

Saria: By the ending of OoT, Saria would still sit in the SFM.
Skull Kid: Was he really a "beloved and invaluable friend"?
Malon: By the ending of OoT, Malon would still be on Lon Lon Ranch.
Darunia: By the ending of OoT, Darunia would still be in Goron City.
Ruto: By the ending of OoT, Ruto would still be in Zora's Domain.

We must not forget that the "fairy sound" is heard in the beginning.

/Blue Window

Ok, you're right. Just watched the intro to it again. He was looking for Navi. You don't have to get angry lol. It's just a fun discussion. No need for personal swipes :P Still doesn't make sense though. Concidering no resolution was reached when the game was over. But I see that it is true from the video. My bad.

It is, however, absolutely possible to propose other candidates for the "special friend" than Navi. Most people still thinks (in my epxerience) that it is Navi, but it is always good to test old ideas! Still, the Navi sound in the beginning is a strong argument!

/Blue Window

I was about to say that it could have been the skull kid's fairies, BUT it was still on the black screen while the narrating was going on. And when they faded to Link, the skull kid wasn't around yet. The noise also happened as soon as the invaluable friend part showed up. So I now agree that it was the reminiscent echo of navi.

And the world invaluable means: Extremely useful; indispensable: "an invaluable source of information". And that was in fact what Navi was, a valuable source of information.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
How has this gone from Link's Awakening and the timeline to the never-ending argument of who the "friend" Link was searching for was?

Anyway, it's confirmed by developers that LA is a direct sequel to ALttP, so wherever that game goes, LA follows it. Really nothing more to it than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom