• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Pit the Most Powerful Nintendo Protagonist?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
WARNING! CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR KID ICARUS: UPRISING, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES, AND METROID PRIME!

For those of you who finished Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS and hung around the ending screen for a few minutes, you could hear this message from Hades (whose spirit somehow survived the destruction of his body).

[video=youtube;eEIpzze_kkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIpzze_kkU[/video]

Hades does seem to raise a valid point: Pit destroyed not only one god, but several throughout the entire game. Every other Nintendo character that has existed has only defeated monsters and the occasional demon lord or something along those lines. The question I wish to ask you, people of the Dungeon Gaming Community, is whether or not you believe Pit could very well be the most powerful Nintendo character (or at least protagonist)?

In my opinion, I can't be 100% sure, since Pit did indeed have the will power to go and defeat Hades and pass through all of the challenges himself to gain the tools needed to defeat the lord of the dead, but he received a lot of assistance from Paletania and Viridi. Both Paletania and Viridi let Pit fly, and Paletania powered up the weapon to deliver the final blow to Hades.

Of course, who is to say that Pit is the only hero to have assistance from the gods? In the Legend of Zelda series, Link is granted assistance from the goddesses all the time with the Master Sword and Light Arrows, to name a few features. If I remember right, the ancestors of Samus in Metroid Prime also assisted her in her quest as well. So, Pit is not alone in his usage of deities.

Of course, I go again to who has defeated who to bring up the power battle. Samus has only taken out genetic experiments gone wrong, creepy inhabitants of alien worlds, and mechanical beasts. Link, in almost every series, has gone up against countless monsters of gargantuan proportions and even a few demons, plus the occasional dark lord. Pit has gone up against several gods and their minions, as well as alien forces and bringing down the Lord of the Dead himself.

So, in my opinion, I would have to say that Pit is pretty powerful, but Link has to be a very close second. (It just depends on which Link you're talking about, though; I'm just speaking in general.)

Nintendo protagonists in general are rather over powered if you think about it from a realistic standpoint. Even Mario manages to blow up castles with the stomp of a switch.:lol:

Overall, I'd argue that Link is the most powerful Nintendo protagonist although I can see where you are coming from with Pit. Not only did Link successfully slay an evil equal in magnitude with his own power-Ganondorf-multiple times but he was also able to lay waste to evil incarnate-Demise.

Samus is definitely up there as well as you mentioned. By destroying the Mother Brain she indirectly led to the destruction of Tourian. I'd say that's sky high for a hot chick like that who would normally be sunbathing on Earth.

Your thread was a great read and certainly a breath of fresh air for the forums. You don't post as much as you used to, Petman, but here is hoping for a successful return to form soon!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I would say link is probably the most powerful protagonist, since he has been able to slay many gigantic beasts and Ganondorf who managed to defeat midna and the fused shadows in seconds. I'd say that Ganondorf himself is the most powerful Nintendo character since he is unbeatable by anyone but link with the master sword. Link has received help in every game he has defeated the king of evil, whether it be with 7 sages backing him up or Zelda with light arrows or Midna with her hair. He would have gotten nowhere without them.

I have to say Hades does make a good point, you don't see many people defeat gods these days. But I don't think Pit would of done it (oh hang on. Spolier alert!..ok.) without the help of Dintos, Palutena and Viridi. Although Link receives Aid from goddesses, Link hasn't actually defeated a god as such, so I don't think Link is the most powerful Nintendo character. Although Link has fought more monsters in 25 years then Pit, so it's close.

Last edited:

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
One thing you have to remember is that in uprising he was aided by many gods in his quest to defeat Hades. So if you take that into account he may not seem as strong as you thought.

But In my opinion I really dont know which nintendo character would be the most powerful. I guess thats why we have brawl to allow us to decide

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
I dont remember hearing THAT. I have played through the whole game, and I dont rmemeber it.
I did get it on release though! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom