• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia 2: Dead Man's Chest/At World's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per usual, I'm one of the last people to realize the game has ended. :P

Dreaming God (justac00lguy) – chose Prevention
Roleblocker (Draco626) – roleblocked A Link In Time
Mafia Roleblocker (pkforce) – roleblocked A Link In Time
Vigilante (A Link In Time) – night killed Ver-go-a-go-go (failed)
Vigilante (A Link In Time) – night killed Ver-go-a-go-go (failed)

y u gotta do this to me? ;-;

Although my performance in this game was comparatively underwhelming, at least I got to establish some continuity with the last game playing as Hector Barbossa once more. Vergo, kokirion, Avagon, and pkfroce played a great early game, but a few small mistakes started to unravel the mafia. Regardless, you guys did your jobs well by frustrating me. :P But remember that LG, musicfan, Johnny, and I are the true scum of the sea. ;)

Also well played to JC. I was pretty sure he wasn't mafia, but I didn't expect him to be the Dreaming God. I kept thinking that was Thareous for some reason. The multiple overlapping roles made for some great claim trustworthiness analysis.

Thanks for modding, Pendio.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
As per usual, I'm one of the last people to realize the game has ended. :P
Hey, at least you're not THE last... When I saw that there were an additional FIVE pages since I last checked, I was really surprised. I thought for sure that the mafia must have won, since I thought they wouldn't die during the night.

Although I do wonder, since JC and Heroine were both 3rd party, how did I get an innocent result on JC, but a guilty one for Heroine on the night that I assume Mr. Froce killed me on?
Heroine only knew she was a Commuter, but if she was investigated by the Cop (you), the Cop would get a "Guilty" result (so she was basically a Commuter with Miller elements which she did not know of). ^^ In a way you were lucky that you were killed right after getting the Guilty results on Heroine. If you hadn't died, you probably would have gotten the innocent Heroine lynched.
...I was a Miller too? XD

Oh my goodness, it would have been so funny to see if you'd lived. You would have accused me of being scum and so I would have thought YOU were scum, because I would have known no one could target me... Would've been interesting!

I am a little bit surprised that Heroine was one of us, just because she popped out of nowhere and [seemingly] conveniently accused me of ignoring her advice to wait. Thankfully we didn't have to fight it out, because she would have emerged on top. :yes:
I always appear out of no where in mafia games, haha. I often wait until the last few days of the game to actually get active; I can't keep track and form suspicions on such a large number of players. From your point of view, though, I can certainly see where I'd look scummy. Honestly, I was surprised that YOU were town, too! I really did think you were mafia with your actions. At least I was right about you fakeclaiming. :P

My recruitment would have failed anyway.

Heroine bby y u hate me :kawaii:
I don't hate you! I'm really sad that I couldn't be targeted. I wanted to be part of a cult like in LotR. :(

Woo! I was honestly kind of giving up that last day. I claimed lynchproof because I was honestly hoping something like what actually happened would happen. I voted myself partially because I lost hope and partially because I decided to bluff. :P When I saw what happened, I was like, "WOOOOOOOOOOOO!" But then the night came and I died inside. XD

That was fun. :) Being scum is fun!
If you had lived, we would have NEVER won. We would have assumed you were confirmed Town because, like Robby said, there wouldn't ever be a lynchproof mafia.

----

This is probably the best set-up of any mafia game I've played so far on the forums. There were so many unusual roles that really got to shine, and the Dreaming God abilities made everything quite interesting. Thanks for being a fantastic mod, Pendio! I wish I'd been more active from the very beginning.

I thought it was funny how it seemed literally no one targeted me for the whole game. I guess Mido and Avagon finally tried to target me toward the end there, but I felt very removed from the game as a whole. I was considering claiming something that would be a danger to the mafia in order to absorb one of their nightkills, but with all the other claims going around I decided it was best not to, especially since I didn't want myself to seem even MORE scummy along with my inactiveness.

Pen

The game is on!
This is probably the best set-up of any mafia game I've played so far on the forums. There were so many unusual roles that really got to shine, and the Dreaming God abilities made everything quite interesting. Thanks for being a fantastic mod, Pendio! I wish I'd been more active from the very beginning.

Wow! Thank you very much, Heroine! :D

I never mentioned this before the game started, but (as you have probably noticed by now) there were no Vanilla Townies. Not even any regular Mafia Goons. I thought it would be more fun for you all to play if you didn't know it was a Role Madness game. ^^

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
as for Mr. koki, I have a grudging respect for the evil he has done towards me

Don't worry, I won't go easy on you next time :right:

And I almost forgot, i promised Sadia to post some of my thoughts and (original) plans here. Most of it can be found in the qt, but I'll summerize it:

When I joined in the game, I inherited Pancake's role. Sadly, Pancake isn't the alltime best player in hiding his intentions (:P), so I joined the game with quite some suspicion against me.
Getting rid of these suspicions wasn't very hard, but there was one player I did fear, Sadia. An advantage for me was that few people had a good read on me at that time, very few people knew anything about my (actual) playstyle. But Sadia and I have been workin together in some past games, she knew what kind of player i was... Where most other people dropped their suspicions, she didn't really buy my act. I might've pulled off a good act, but Pancake and I had the exact same role. He was obviously scum, so she never erased me from her "possible scum"-list.
I figured that she would probably become my biggest opponent later in this game, and looking back.. I couldn't have been more right about that.

What defeated us this game was the amount of roleclaims, we gradually became more and more isolated. From ALIT's roleclaim and onwards, it became a wrestling game between the town and the mafia. The town tried to largen the amount of claims and to solidify them, the mafia tried to destroy them and bring the phenomenom to a halt.

ALIT's roleclaim was originally a "good" thing, though after a while, it became a huge burden.
We had a roleblocker, so we could simply block him every night. The doctor would have to protect him, so nearly every other kill would be ensured to succeed.
The problem was that we wouldn't be able to kill him until the doctor was dead. But this could take a long while, so here we started our first subtle plan (it wasn't very special).
Build on the idea that the mafia roleblocker has been rarely used in the last mafia games here, we hoped that most people wouldn't think about that right away.
I tried to push AlIT to reveal his targets. Because he was going to be roleblocked every night anyway (and during night 1, every action failed), he couldn't prove anything. The reason I wanted him to state his targets was because I feared that when he'd get desperate, he would claim to be responsible for someone else's kill to prevent getting lynched. This way, he would have nothing backing up his claim. I also hoped, as he did, that he would be skeptical, I wanted him to accept it under huge pressure, like he knew it would be his death sentence.
It was nothing special. He wasn't fully accepted yet, and we thought we would raise the chance of getting him kynched after a while using this strategy.
Sadly, JC came with the roleblocker theory right away. He also accused me of trying to push it (I probably did was too hasty there, but I don't think he knew why I was pushing for this tactic). This was rsther annoying, because the plan already failed and i too had to defend myself. With the plan having failed, I really didn't care anymore whether ALIT revealed his targets or not (eventually it became even more beneficial if he did remain to hide them), but i had to keep defending it.

1 claim wasn't anything to worry about. But soon, musicfan and Mezlo followed ALiT's example...
3 claims was too much, we couldn't keep all of them alive. We had to do something, we needed a drastic change of strategy. We soon decided to take a gamble, this is where and why I claimed cop.

The plan was as follows:

I would claim cop just before the end of the day. Like Sadia noticed, this was to avoid discussions from starting. We had a real cop in our team, so i had real results. But hey, I wasn't here to help you guys, I had a slightly different agenda, so by claiming just before he night, i wouldn't have to give proof.

We already investigated Mido, so we knew he was the real cop. The plan was to stop roleblocking ALIT and to target mido from now on.

The firdt thing i thought about when I heard about my immobilization ability was that it would confirm its target's innocence.
Why would i was such an awesome ability on a real townie? :lol:
I never planned to immobilize mido, I planned to immobilize myself during that night. This was he key component of my plan.
Firstly, it would confirm my role. I roleclaimed at an odd time, but this would make up for it completely.

At the same time, I said I was going to investigate Mezlo.
Thar said he was protecting him. Not for a second did I buy (any of :P) his claims, so this what nearly killed Mezlo.
I wondered, why would Thar make this claim? We were desperately trying to pinpoint doen who was the doctor. We would kill anyone right away who only looked like he could be one, softclaiming doctor was suicide. So to me, there were only to options:
- he was bluffing
- He wanted us to kill him (e.g. He's a bomb)
If he was bluffing, I thought it would be because of the amount of claimed townies. The town couldn't ossibly protect them all. By stating that he was protecting someone, while in reality protecting someone else, he would be able to protect a vastly larger amount of people.
I gambled that the true doctor probably too read his remarques. This doctor might think that Thar is true about these statements, and would protect someone else to prevent from defending the same person. This would mean that very likely, Mezlo would not be protected by anyone...
To ensure this, I claimed to be investigating Mezlo, to underline it that his role was certainly not confirmed, in the hope to make the doctor decide to defend someone else with a more solid claim.

Here came the second purpose of my immobilization. If this would have failed, I would've waisted a night and I would still have to defend my claim. Being immobilized, I wasn't allowed to talk, so this gave me some room for making errors.

The plan was to "investigate" ALIT after Mezlo's dead (actually, we never aimed to truly investigate them. We were investigating other townies, we knew that everyone who claimed was probably genuine) and to confirm his role as soon as my post-restriction was removed.
I would openly defend him, and buddy him.
In the meanwhile, musicfan got in the background. People tend to forgot tat he too made a claim. By drawing all the eyes on ALIT, I was planning to kill Musicfan that same night.

I figured that my claim would remain risky nonetheless.
Mido was a threat, he could counter-claim. But having continiously roleblocked him, he would only have a result from a single day. Whereas I had many "results". Also, me being immobilized would hugely strengthen my position. Who would believe him? And possibly I would he able to convince him and everyone that pendio simply added two cops to the game.

But again, I didn't think it would be all that easy to keep up this mask. So I assumed that by now, Sadia and mido would become a huge threat. Maybe in 1-2 days, they would even get me lynched, but here was the last part of my plan, when I died (and when everyone saw I wasn't even a mafia cop), people would logically start doubting all te results I gave. As I had been hugely defending ALIT, he would suddenly become a major suspect. An in the qt, we had already (shortly) discussed some theories in which we could frame him. I would die and drag the last claimed townie with me. With that, having succesfully killed everyone who claimed (except for Thar, but he wasn't planning to make a real claim, and his role was really a joke).

Obviously, some things went wrong.
Firstly, already after i claimed, during that night, pendio suddenly told us that it wasn't allowed, crushing most of the plan xd.
So the plan failed right at the start. I couldn't survive long without this major part of the plan, so I decided to try to do as many harm in the meanwhile as I could possibly do.
If mido was going to claim, I'd be dead, so he had to die first.
I couldn't kill him right away, that would've been too obvious, so I first immobilized him. I told everyone about this second cop and came up with some fake theories as how it could be that he dies the very night after I announced this. We'd kill him, and I could afterwards try to continue some parts of my original plan.

The second thing which went wrong was that the doctor protected Mezlo. So either way, the doctor saw through all of my plans or she didn't notice any of Thar's hints and just made a lucky shot. But the results were the same.

The third problem was the ever increasing amount of claims. My plan was created with the thought that we needed to destroy 3-4 claims, not 8! It was just too much.

Sadia's theory sbout my plan nailed it down completely. She saw through the back-up plan right away. Maybe the only thing she didn't get was the reason I stsrted all of this. So yeah, no you know the whole story, there was no point in it. The actual plan failed and I was stuck with a suicidal roleclaim :xd:

It was auite funny when I died. Usually, I wait till the night starts with such posts, but I wanted to mess with Sadu.
She knew what kind of player I am, but I too knew what kind of player she was. By saying something vague, hinting at more plots, i hoped to mind-**** her :lol:. That she would desperately try to come up with non-excisting theories because she couldn't believe that this was the whoke story.
It would be meddling with the game if zi would post it after my death, so i posted it during the twilight.

It was really incredibly funny to see that i survived that night. I improvised a bit and stretched my death wit a few (irl) days.

The final thing I did was making a suggestion to PK just before his death. I suggested him to kill no one. There is no doctor, there is no roleblocker, how can the "kill" have been prevented? Or maybe the mafia targeted PK, who too seemed to have survived his lynch. If the mafia targeted him... That would've proven his innocence.
But apparently he was already death.
The ironic thing was that he wanted to kill the dreaming god with him. At the last minute I convinced him not to target jC. Nearly, jC would've lost the game ^ ^

EBWODP:

It was a great game, I very much enjoyed it.
My respect to you Sadia, you are a fantastic doctor, your analytical skills are amazing.
And of course, it's alwas a pleasure to be on the same team with Vergo.
PK and Avagon, i have to admit, you 2 improved hugely during this game. You became quite good ^ ^

But Thar... What the hell? :?
Why those claims? :xd:. You nearly got shot by the mafia. You poured quite some suspicion on you during the game (I'm amazed you haven't been lynched)..
And yes, after we investigated you, we left you alone.. "More or less"
I continously used your role to improvize in my claims. To be redirected etc.
I knew it would draw your attention, you were more likely to believe it, or you would st least consider it. I tried to buddy you through that. At first, i thought it failed. But when i actually got in danger, you suddenly came protecting me, because my claims drew your attention... Honestly, I didn't get your tactic :> you're a good player, why did you do this? :/

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
But Thar... What the hell? :?
Why those claims? :xd:. You nearly got shot by the mafia. You poured quite some suspicion on you during the game (I'm amazed you haven't been lynched)..
And yes, after we investigated you, we left you alone.. "More or less"

I'm equally astonished that I wasn't lynched near the end, but I guess revealing my fakeclaim was what saved me.

I continously used your role to improvize in my claims. To be redirected etc.

Ha, I never noticed this. Smart. :yes:

I knew it would draw your attention, you were more likely to believe it, or you would st least consider it. I tried to buddy you through that. At first, i thought it failed. But when i actually got in danger, you suddenly came protecting me, because my claims drew your attention... Honestly, I didn't get your tactic :> you're a good player, why did you do this? :/

For various reasons. To start, the role in opposition of my power had been killed (the Neighborizer) and so I was left as nothing more than a Vanilla Townie. In order to survive I knew that I'd have to join in on the roleclaims, or at least drop constant hints at what it could be. I wanted the Mafia to pick up on it and try to get me lynched (partly why I came to suspect Heroine :bleh:), but little did I know you guys had a Role Cop on your side. Since my role had been reduced to powerless, I didn't mind if I died so long as it helped Town succeed. Better for me to die in place of one of the "more useful" power roles.

Mido

Version 1
Yeah, I have to agree with koki here. Avatar of the Flygons and Mr. Froce, you guys are slippery snakes!
-Really, the only thing I could peg you two for was for voting patterns/inactivity. (I can relate! :) ) Early on, I didn't see much wrong with your work as scum!

Good work to the two's of youz!

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
It was auite funny when I died. Usually, I wait till the night starts with such posts, but I wanted to mess with Sadu.
She knew what kind of player I am, but I too knew what kind of player she was. By saying something vague, hinting at more plots, i hoped to mind-**** her :lol:

:lol: You totally succeeded, especially when you said I'd die with you, I was like WHAT?!? XDD

My respect to you Sadia, you are a fantastic doctor, your analytical skills are amazing.

Thank you, but I think I just got lucky ^^ I barely read most of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom