• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pikmin Returns!!! Woot!

As many of us know, Pikmin 3 will be coming to the Wii U this holiday season. For long time Pikmin fans such as myself, I understate when I say it has been a long time coming! I cannot wait to go back to the mysterious planet of the pikmin once again!!

My favorite thing about pikmin is finding treasure. Sort of 'fossils' of human existance. I find it quite charming. What are your favorite parts of the Pikmin series and what do you look forward to in Pikmin 3?

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
Lets PARTY HARD everybody, lets party hard. I am seriously very excited for this game. I can't wait to use the new types of Pikmin. Hopefully it will be longer than the first one was.

Ikana

Trollkastel
It's been years since the second one and I can't wait for this one to come out! So far with what I have seen with the game pleases me, I just hope that the game is a little bit longer than the first two. This game is definitely going on my top to get game list.

Pikmin 3 has not been confirmed for a holiday season or even launch release yet as New Super Mario Bros. U. Making assumptions is premature. Pikmin 3 doesn't seem too different from its Gamecube predecessor but it really doesn't need to be. There is nothing in the industry quite like it.

My favorite part of the Pikmin series would have to be the entire timer idea behind the original. It added a sense of urgency which seems missing in most modern titles. Also, all of the games are absolutely gorgeous and I found it fitting that the third installment was the first game officially unveiled for the Wii U. While the Rock Pikmin certainly do appear interesting, it's the multiple control schemes that excite me most about the game. Nintendo is pursuing a full immersion plan and wishes to expand its target audience, a testament to its overarching company philosophy. Whereas the Wii U Game Pad allows for more interaction with the environment, the Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk combo offers greater precision. Moreover, I'm curious as to why Captain Olimar is missing. Miyamoto-san maintained at E3 that there is a specific reason for this. I wonder what it is.

I've never played any of the Pikmin games, but I am certainly glad that there's going to be a third one. Pikmin surely looks like an interesting series, and I'm quite sad that I never tried getting into it before. Luckily for me, both Pikmin games are now available for the Wii, so I'll definitely have to pick them up and try them out before getting Pikmin 3.

Roy

I think it sucks that your playing as 4 characters instead of 1 because pikmin 2 added Louie and he was just there. I mean there was no need for him except for a few situations. I just hope that pikmin 3 will have more clever puzzles that takes advantage of all of the characters

I think Olimar is missing from Pikmin 3 because it is in the future and he owns a treasure finding company. Or he becomes owner of hocotate freight. The four charactors are four new employees on a mission back to the planet of the pikmin? I really hope nintendo is better than I am..

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I like fighting enemies the best. I've always loved Pikmin's style of combat...

I'm looking forward to the new types of Pikmin and new enemies. It will make for even more interesting combat than we already have.

I my baby pikmin is back ! :lol:
The cute aspects of this game has always been my favorite part of it. :lol:

Fig

The Altruist
I can't wait to play Pikmin 3! I'm looking forward to try out the new Rock Pikmin and the new gameplay elements the third game of the series will introduce into the series!

Kirino

Tatakae
[video=youtube_share;X8HezAQNiwU]http://youtu.be/X8HezAQNiwU[/video]

New Nintendo Direct footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom