• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pikmin 3?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
So I need to cash in on my free game download after buying MK8. I have NSMB U and don't want Wii Party. I'm also not the biggest TWW fan.

Is Pikmin 3 any good? I never played the first two.

Salem

SICK
It is great, I played all three of them, yeah it's sort of a strategy game except you don't have an opposing army to fight instead you usually have a goal in each level and you see enemies along the way and stuff.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
then what are you doing here when you should be spending your life on pikmin 2
the first one i would actually say is optional,b/c pikmin 2 blows it out of the water in ever way possible

but yeah,might as well get yourself pikmin 3 while you can

Fig

The Altruist
I can testify that Pikmin 3 is one of the best games on the Wii U market and in the series. What's really great about Pikmin 3 is that you don't have to play the previous two installments to understand what the game is allow about. In fact, it teaches almost instantly without being tedious, at least from my experiences across the Pikmin series. What's really great is how non-linear it is whenever you are playing across the levels of Pikmin. You really decide how the game should be paced and what actions should be done first. Not to mention the visuals are just beautiful and very detailed, almost as if you were the size of the three explorers that you get to control and play as throughout the game! I really hope you do consider playing Pikmin 3 if you are still deciding what game you should get as a free copy as part of the Mario Kart 8 promotion.

Pikmin 3 is..... different. I really mean that, as I don't think I had ever played a game that was quite like it before I picked it up on launch day last year. If you've played "micro-managing" games in the past, yeah, it's kind of like that I guess. But Pikmin is way more geared towards utilizing the different types of Pikmin and characters you have at your disposal to explore certain maps, usually with a larger emphasis on puzzle solving than actual combat.

Funny story, the only reason I got Pikmin 3 was because my little sister (8 years old) fell in love with playing as Olimar in Brawl. It was a pretty nice experience, playing through the whole thing with here. I got stumped on some of the puzzles, and there's way more optional things you can collect that you don't need for the main story, which added on a pretty good amount of hours to my first playthrough. I doubt I'll go back to playing it, simply because it wasn't THAT awesome of a game (and the control scheme wasn't my favorite of all time, either), but I would certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to try out a new type of game/different way to play a game.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Yeah, Pikmin 3 is a lot of fun. The game will test your reflexes and planning as you use multiple crews of Pikmin to tackle all manner of tasks. You have elemental puzzles where different kinds of Pikmin are required to do certain things. You also gotta learn to use the controls to take on a wide variety of monsters battles. The bosses can be fun, as they are creatively designed, and you often have to dodge attacks while trying to figure out the monster's weakness. The enviroments are mostly colorful and fun, and really cool in HD. I suggest you look up a video to see the cool world of PNF-404 for yourself. You'll be impressed. The difficulty is also relatively easy at first, although later parts will test you. The story is relatively basic, but a fun little adventure you should enjoy. It also contains certain things fans of the old Pikmin games will enjoy for sure. The game also features a need to constantly find food or get a game over. It's not that hard to keep up with, but it does add keep the game moving at a certain pace (a feature I missed in Pikmin 2).

Overall, Pikmin 3 is a welcome new installment in a franchise Nintendo fans should love. It provides lots of fun and challenge, and is the ideal choice in the MK8 download giveaway for those who already have WW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom