• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pikachu: Chubby or Athletic?

Chubby or Athletic?

• Chubby pikachu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Athletic pikachu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Conor

the over analysing guy
What do you prefer? I was brought up in a time when pikachu was still a chubby little guy, but nowadays he's more athletic and skinny. Which do you prefer?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If you're talking about within the anime, I loved chubby Pikachu more because well...he's chubby, and I like those kinds of things. He had less moves in the anime, so Ash really had to strategize in regards to how he used the terrain and what not. :)

Athletic Pika is in no way a bad version, I just like chubby Pika more. Oh, if I recall, chubby had more quality screentime, so the moments he did appear were stronger in emotion. That's how I feel.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I'm talking purely aesthetically here, but you can take whatever factors you like into consideration :) I agree, athletic pikachu isn't bad, it's just I prefer the chubby one.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Yes, chubby pikachu for the win. If for nothing but the fact that he'd be more cuddly-wuddly, I could also vote because it's funny how he waddled when he walked.

Plus, who created the pokediet? That was never explained! =O

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I honestly perfer the chubby little mouse creature that we saw in the games and artwork. It always seemed to me that it just clicked and fit him very well. When I saw the little, skinny, atheletic Pikachu I was surprised because it just didn't fit with him. It kind of reminded me of Sonic the Hedgehogs appearence change. I think that a lot of people can agree with me that the little chubby Pikachu is the better design.

Fig

The Altruist
I love both versions of Pikachu, but I prefer chubby Pikachu, mainly because I grew up with the guy. When Pikachu was chubby, he seemed to walk like a duck. There was also more emotional memories with than with athletic Pikachu. One memory that I'll never forget when Pikachu started to obey Ash after Ash protected him from a group of Spearow in the first episode of Pokemon! I felt so touched to see that scene and I never forgot it. Chubby Pikachu also acted more silly than athletic Pikachu. When they were in Dark City, I always loved it when Pikachu was licking the ketchup bottle from the top! :)

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Pikachu has certainly changed over the years. Really, just look at the sprites:
rbspr025.png
25.png

...Yet I prefer chubby Pikachu. The original Pikachu wasn't as serious and was more curious, and he just looks more classic. (Like how I prefer the classic Mickey mouse designs to the new ones. More classic.)

Last edited:

Pikacondon

Title.
I like chubby Pikachu more for three reasons-1. it really gives Pika more funny moments. 2. he's probably more huggable. and 3. CUTE!!!.
I think the Anime should bring the Chubby, funny,and much cuter Pikachu style back.

Dose it matter? We're talking about Pikachu here. The always lovable, huggable, cute as a button Pikachu!!! Pikachu is great either way, one just a little more chubbyfull. xD And that's fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom