• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pieces or Containers?

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
This may've already been done.
But do you prefer Heart pieces, or Heart Containers?
In LoZ, AoL, FSA, PH, and ST there were Containers.
In ALttp, OoT, MM, OoA, OoS, WW, MC, and TP there were pieces.
Which do you prefer?
I like Heart pieces better, because there's more of them and you have to work for more for one more heart.

And which one do you want in Zelda Wii?

Ikana

Trollkastel
I like Heart Pieces more it's more challenging to collect them and you have more side quest.I wished they have added the Heart Pieces in PH and in ST but oh well.Hopefully they have added them in the next Zelda game.

CZG

For a moment, I felt like have heart-pieces increases the challenge of getting everthing, as in... an excuse to have more sidequests.

But then again, full heart containers are cooler and I'm sure they can make sidequests be worth it in another way, like pieces for something else, like an upgrade for something or a collection of something else, like seashells or something. You know, not a direct copy of those, but you'll know what I mean.

Heartpieces are not the only way to make a sidequest interesting. The Biggorons Sword, Some of the Masks...

EDIT:
Like Atenian200 said: Boss = Full Heart Container

Last edited:

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I prefer either. It doesn't really make a difference to me. It's only hearts.

I prefer either. It doesn't really make a difference to me. It's only hearts.

QFT

It really doesn't matter. As long as the life meter goes up and you're on a quest to collect them all they could be called Heart Pancakes and it wouldn't matter. Well maybe. Someone might get hungry.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I like having Heart Containers from bosses, at least. I wouldn't want them to replace those with Heart Pieces.

But I don't like how in TP they made you collect 5 instead of 4. That just seems like a cheap way of increasing the number of side quests. There should have been more sidequests where you could get things like the Biggoron's Sword, or some kind of hidden magic.

They could switch back to containers, but they'd need to make them a lot more difficult to earn than pieces were for balancing reasons.

I think in TP they added the 5th Heart Piece per container, was because they took out magic. I personally didn't mind collecting 5 for every one containing. And it made the dungeons a little more fun, trying to find the two heart pieces in each.

Regardless, I think having Heart Containers in DS games was fine. There wasn't a whole lot of exploring to do, on foot anyways. But when you get to games on the consoles, Heart Pieces should stay. I don't like the idea of having them get it rid of the Pieces in order to put in other side-quests. I would hate to do a bunch of trading sequences.

But yeah, keep the Pieces in the console games. Heart Containers are fine for the DS games.

octorok74

TETTAC
I prefer heart pieces. Getting a heart container is for after you defeat a boss. Heart pieces are to encourage you to explore Hyrule completely. Nintendo puts so much work into making the Zelda games that, searching for heart pieces is the only way you can truly ever appreciate all the work they have done.

C

celibi88

i personely prefer heart pieces because nothing beats the joy of collecting 4 and watching your new heart come to life ;)

It really doesn't matter. As long as the life meter goes up and you're on a quest to collect them all they could be called Heart Pancakes and it wouldn't matter. Well maybe. Someone might get hungry.

No...it would make a difference if they were called Heart Pancakes, it would make a mockery out of the series as a serious series of games if you could go around collecting pancakes to gain hearts :P next Link would be using the Master Sausage.

With Heart Containers it causes the problem that the game's get ridiculously easy and chests have no value to them, just rupees which aren't really hard to get in any Zelda game. At least with Heart Pieces you feel forced to search through the Temples to find them (like in TP how in most Temples there were 2 hidden Heart Pieces with the exception of Twilight Palace) to complete the game 100% and thus the game becomes a little bit harder to beat fully.

No...it would make a difference if they were called Heart Pancakes, it would make a mockery out of the series as a serious series of games if you could go around collecting pancakes to gain hearts :P next Link would be using the Master Sausage.

With Heart Containers it causes the problem that the game's get ridiculously easy and chests have no value to them, just rupees which aren't really hard to get in any Zelda game. At least with Heart Pieces you feel forced to search through the Temples to find them (like in TP how in most Temples there were 2 hidden Heart Pieces with the exception of Twilight Palace) to complete the game 100% and thus the game becomes a little bit harder to beat fully.

The Master Sausage would kick ***.

But yeah finding the pieces is good and makes it more worthwhile trying to find everything. Containers work for DS because the games aren't as long (I think) and you can't do as much with the DS as you can with say the Wii or the Gamecube.

Linky

King of Twilight
I prefer hearts pieces because it allows more challenges and secret places to open up. Because when you have Heart Containers there's not anywhere near as much as heart pieces making it so there's not as much extra puzzles for you to solve to get special items such as heart pieces. Also I like heart pieces better because they of course aren't as good as getting a whole heart container making it feel more special when you get an actual heart container from the boss you worked oh so hard to beat. Only with the orgianal LoZ the heart containers made more sense because first off, the bosses weren't as big of a deal of fighting they were more like mini bosses, because you just kill them and they die, there's no special cut scene of it exploding and dramaticly a heart piece shows up, of course they couldn't really do something like that anyway because 1, it was 2D and 2, they didn't have the technology of that sort. The second reason heart containers made more sense in LoZ was because the overall world was reletively small because there wasn't any towns or people to talk to in which you can somehow get a heart piece, all the heart containers were in secret passages where you burn a bush or something. Imagine how many secret passages they would have to make to have you able to get 30 or so heart pieces. So overall I like heart pieces better but in some Zelda games there just isn't enough places to go to have there so many heart pieces, forcing them to just have you get heart containers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom