• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Picking up an old game

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Youve picked up an old game that you liked/hated and then go to play....what did you forget you hated/loved about the games??

When I go back to old games I usually remember them looking way better than they actually did.

Like the new Mario 3D All Stars on Switch, they've all been cleaned up, but the clean look is how I remember them because my brain makes things look better in my head when I look back on things.

Other times I mostly remember things I dislike about games rather than like about them. But I have a really good memory so it isn't like me to forget too much.

I think the number one thing I'll likely forget the most is how bad some games were with input lag or registering commands or motion control.

Like, I'll load up the Wii and tell myself it wasn't so bad, then play something and remember how bad it was and switch it off.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Maybe this doesn't count, but I remember thinking that Skyward Sword was an amazing game when I was a kid (first real Zelda game and all).

But revisiting it now that I'm older lets me see the flaws that the game has much more clearly. While I still think that it's a good Zelda game (and a good game in general), I don't think of it as highly as I used to.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I remember when I downloaded vice city on my PS3, it had been years since I was able to play it, and holy moly are those some old controls

while I've gotten well used to them now, I always remember that whiplash I felt when I actually felt how it played for the first time in a long while, you get so used to what's new that going back to something can take some readjusting, no matter how long you've played it for in the past

another example is when I had gotten into the 3ds xl, I went back to play my gba and really felt how small it was in comparison

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Some games just age better than others.

Some games you can go back to and still love and some just feel essentially obsolete.

The main thing I tend to forget is how a lot of these games require a time investment to enjoy and I'm no longer able to invest enough time into some of them to enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom