• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Physical Books Versus E-Books

well I grew up with real books then these things called ebooks came out. Its handy because you can quickly pull out the device and its easier to read on the train or bus or between classes or a lull at work. I find carrying books around a pain and they get all banged up in my bag

Call me ''old school'' or just OCD, but I don't purchase digital only things if I can avoid it. I like having a physical product for some reason. Probably because I'm paranoid about potentially losing it all in some freak glitch or something. I realize that's fairly unlikely but that's just how I think. Also I like collecting certain things (mostly games/dvds) and like seeing my collection on my shelf at a glance.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
No, no, NO. I am totally against e-books or anything digitally, i would so much rather have a physical copy I can hold on to and actually OWN and do whatever I please with, you can't trade/borrow digital books or games, so no, get out of here with this garbage.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I can go either way in terms of reading them but I do enjoy the convience of an e-book and the fact that the book won't get wrecked.

I prefer e-books to paper and recently got my parents to make the switch as well. It's so much more convenient to read at night or on the go. It's great for when you have to wait in lines or for appointments. I have my own mini library on my phone, and it all fits in my pocket.

I always prefer to have physical book. I do have a ton of e-books, but I can never sit down and read for a long period of time while looking at a screen. One of the biggest enjoyments I get out of reading a book is getting away from the computer screen, where I spent most of my life.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Physical books for me. Especially because I can get them from a library for free without having to buy a digital reading device.
Nothing can replace that feel of holding a real book and turning physical pages.
And the smell of books :3

It doesn't really matter to me, i have a kindle and frankly it is a lot cheaper to buy them for the Kindle. But it can hurt your eyes after a while, but if you are looking to save money and you read A LOT then i would suggest a kindle.

Moon.Flower

I'm the crazy chicken. ;)
I like physical books. There's something comforting about the way a book feels when I am reading it. The weight of it is reassuring. It's hard to explain but I love the feeling. I may someday go digital but I can't give up my books now. Haha. I also take good care of my books. I cover paperbacks with clear contact paper so their covers don't get bent or torn and then I make fabric covers for them so they don't get dirty. It's a quirk of mine-I like to take care of my books. I always have been that way. I also use bookmarks to keep my place. I used to not use them though so that's a habit I'm trying hard to break. I don't know if I want to go digital at some point or not.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
E-Books in my opinion are the better option; there's no need to worry about holding the book so you miss your page, or finding a physical bookmark/folding the page to keep track of where you're at in the book if using electronics. Also, as mentioned in the OP, spines tend to break and stains are permanent on physical books, whereas a "stain" on an e-book is LIKELY there due to digital effects and can be removed (y'know, assuming stains are made for some e-books to simulate an actual book). They're just more convenient all around, e-books, because they take little physical space. No more having to buy bookshelves; everything I wanna read is on my iPad/Kindle/[insert e-book device here].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom