• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phone phones and more phones

How many phones to you go through in 5 years?

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 7 25.9%

Votes: 8 29.6%

Votes: 6 22.2%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9+

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Hey forum dwellers I've been bi-curious about how many phones you typically get through. My friend Joneszy tends to go through 6 a year, it's crazy. He says he gets bored having a phone for too long and says phones only last for a month before they start going wrong. Jonezy is a bit of a deku baba when it comes to technology and often breaks his phones too soon. I'm bi-curious how many phones you go through my friendly forum dwellers.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I get a new Windows phone every year. So One a year. I don't break my phone. It's not one of those ****ty overpriced iPhones which all seem to be cracked.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Mostly one in 2 years but that's because of the membership. It depends on the provider. If it's cheap and I don't feel the need to switch providers, I'll just stick with my phone. But as we all know providers always try to outdo each other. So I'll switch too. But I don't care about phones. I hardly use them for other things than just calling when it's needed.

Dan

I get a new Windows phone every year. So One a year. I don't break my phone. It's not one of those ****ty overpriced iPhones which all seem to be cracked.

Hey! That's a feature from apple to stop user from overusing their phone. If it gets used too much the phone overheats weakening the screen.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
well ive only ever owned two phjones, an iphone 4s for two years and just got my samsung galaxy s7 a week days ago. I don't intend to replace the phone every two years, is kinda frivalous if you as me, but if they get a significant jump from the s7 in two years like the s7 was to my 4s...I might just have to jump. the s7 is ****ing awesome bro, battery life is good and its quickm and responsive. completley unlike the iphone 4s.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
In the past 10 years I've only had 5 phones. So that equates to 2 years per phone. However, one of those phones broke and one was stolen so I kind of had to get another one after.
I'd like to get a solid 3 years or so out of a phone before I upgrade. Only then can I justify spending money on a new phone.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
In the past five years I have had three phones: a Blackberry Curve, Samsung Galaxy S3, and what I currently have, my iPhone 6. The first two were on three year contracts, but I ended up buying the rest of my contract out for both phones as they died on me. My iPhone 6 is only on a two year plan so I may upgrade next spring when my contract is up, unless my phone still works perfectly fine.

I got my first phone just five years ago actually, an non-touch screen nokia which served me well. I still miss it from time to time. Then I got the iPhone 5S in 2013, and now the 7+. I plan to continue upgrading every 3 to 4 years, as that way even the most expensive phones can be bought when the cost is spread out over the time needed to save it all up. I don't understand people who buy the newest one every year, it's just a waste of money.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
ive only had 3 phones in 10? years 1st was a lil purple nolia then a Samsung and then the J5 which is my current one

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I switched phones a little more the last few times, but currently I'm using my Droid Turbo, which has been running strong for almost 4 years now. I've considered other options, but as of this moment, nothing on the market has the specs to compete with it. It has a 21 MP camera, records 4K video (32FPS, but still) and a processor that literally no phone can touch, plus I think only two phones have a larger battery. Occasionally new phones are releasing with a higher screen resolution, but I don't watch enough on my phone to really matter that much, so I just enjoy the speed.
I have no immediate plans to change phones, and I won't until something with more power comes along. I didn't think it would be this long, but here I am. : P

If you count getting my first phone a couple years back, then once. Yet, I still have this ol' Moto G with absolutely no damage.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I had my first phone when I was about 10 years old, and then my mother gave me an iPhone 4 as a hand-me down kinda thing.

I lost that iPhone 4 when I was 13 years old, and for my 13th birthday, I got an iPhone 6 as a present.

If it's waaaay back, my very very first phone was a Nokia, and it was those kinds of things where you had to flip it upwards to access the keyboard.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I had a Motorola flip phone between age 13 and 16, then I had an iPhone 4S until I was 18 when I got an iPhone 6 and I've had that since. I'll probably stick to a rate of around 2 every five years from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom