• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phobias

Linknmike

Dank meme connoisseur
If you have heard of any weird phobias, please post them here. I checked, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any threads like this. Here are some examples:

Aphephobia: The fear of people.

Nomophobia: The fear of losing cell phone reception.

Syngenesophobia: The fear of relatives.

Claustropboia. I hate being surrounded by other people. Makes me very very sick to my stomach.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hmm, I did post saying there was thread like this but it is old so I am editing :xd:

I am claustrophobic: Fear of being trapped in small spaces or crowds and stuff. I am also terrified of the dark (yes, laugh.) So I tend to have a panic attack in a cave. I also hate being underwater....I feel trapped and like I will run out of air.

Last edited:
I don't know if there's a term for it, but I find myself afraid of the idea of being "trapped" underwater, but it's more complicated than that. If I had to choose a single way to describe it, I would describe it as claustrophobia underwater. It could be being sealed or lost somewhere that is submerged, or it could be swimming through narrow areas, or it could simply mean being trapped with nothing but water around me and over me. Being underwater in the ocean does it, as does being underwater in a tunnel or just in murky water where visibility is low.

Granted I've never been in any of those situations. I have been underwater twice that I can think of, but those were in shallows and were accidents (possibly why I have this fear to begin with...?). No, this fear comes into play even with the IDEA, which is the only time I've experienced it. Majora's Mask with Great Bay, Turok 2 with its underwater segments, Mega Man Legends with Lake Jyun, the underwater facility. Probably even Perfect Dark with the deep sea facilities and ships.

Of course, since I've only experienced it with fictional concepts, the fear isn't crushing or anything. In fact, it sometimes is enjoyable to a degree in a way like a horror movie is. I imagine if I ever had this fear brought on in real life, it would be worse but I don't imagine myself an individual who couldn't cope with it if he needed to. It's always been a "OMFG I AM SO CREEPED OUT AND DISTURBED" kind of fear, rather than "AHHH PANIC I'M GONNA DIE". :bleh:

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I thought this was a thread about odd phobias not are own phobias? But here are mine; germs, open water, heights, losing a loved one, dying a horrible death, and certian social situations.

Wow, I'm pretty messed up!

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I thought this was a thread about odd phobias not are own phobias?

That's true. The title must have been interpreted instead of the first post.

Fear of long words; hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

That's by far the oddest one i've ever seen.

EDIT: Since no-one seems to be paying attention to the first post, it's asking you to name weird phobias. Not your own phobias. There is already a thread for that --> http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?4477-What-Are-You-Afraid-Of&highlight=Phobias

Last edited:

Hazel

A Frog
hexakosioihexekontahexphobia : The phobia of number 666 is the weirdest I know about.

Euphobia : The phobia of hearing good news.
Also, hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, already mentioned in the previous post, is very ironic... :right:

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I have white coat syndrome. Sounds weird but it's the fear of medical personnel. I have panic attacks because of the smell and the settings of those places. I can't handle being anywhere near places like that, dentists and doctors being the worst. I also have claustrophobia, and elevators kill me.

I am... agliophobic. I fear being hurt physically. Whenever someone fakes me out I flinch and my mind goes completely blank. I still have combat skills, and if I have a shield or a barrier, then I'm not afraid. But whenever someone swings their fist, club, or any other non-LARP weapon at me, time slows and I suddenly can't move. I also had a fear when I was in my teen years of my braces cutting me or ripping my mouth apart. Though I think that would be dentophobia.

Linknmike

Dank meme connoisseur
I found some more, and thanks to 00steven for pointing it out.

Barophobia: fear of gravity.
Dextrophobia: fear of objects to your right.
Japanophobia: Duh!
Uranophobia:fear of heaven.
Selenophobia: fear of the moon, likely to happen after extended periods of MM.

This is really a silly one:
I am very scared of Porta-Potty's. Don't laugh at it, it's really embarassing and everytime I see one, I start to freak out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom