• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phi, What do we Know?

Phi And All of Her Glorious Mysteries

The one thing that's caught my eye the most about Skyward Sword as far as characters go (aside from Zelda's amazing new look) is Phi. All we know about her is that she's Link's "guide" in this game, like Navi and Tatl. That aside, we know absolutely nothing else about her. Nothing at all. Why are details on her so scarce? What other parts is she going to play? Why is Nintendo keeping us in the dark about her? What do you guys think?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, the same sort of thing happened with Midna. We knew basically nothing about her before TP's release. It's probably that there's some big thing surrounding her background, or something. I mean, Ghirahim clearly knows something about her.

When you look at the Siren World and how Link must enter it (stabbing the sword into an ornate pattern on the ground), doesn't it kind of appear as though Phi or her energy -who's inside the sword - is sorta being "injected" into the pattern on the ground to "activate(?)" the it (the Siren World)? Hmmm...Could Phi be from the Siren World?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
When you look at the Siren World and how Link must enter it (stabbing the sword into an ornate pattern on the ground), doesn't kind of appear as though Phi or her energy -who's inside the sword - is sorta being "injected" into the pattern on the ground to "activate(?)" the it (the Siren World)? Hmmm...Could Phi be from the Siren World?!
Oh, so like Midna was like from the Twilight Realm? Maybe her name's gonna change to like Serea' or something. . .(just a possiblity, would be cool if it did, but Phi is the official name for her)

Its "Fie" Kind of a short name, But I like the charecter and the name.

Oh, good. I like the sound of that better.

---

I really hope she gains some kind of personality. I remember growing really attached to Midna, making the story all the more interesting. If she is the Master Sword, and therefore a major part of the story, you'd think she'd need a personality. Some kind of emotion. It's hard to feel anything towards a robot.

Oh, so like Midna was like from the Twilight Realm? Maybe her name's gonna change to like Serea' or something. . .(just a possiblity, would be cool if it did, but Phi is the official name for her)

Nah, Phi's name would not have to change at all. If she were hypothetically from the Siren World, it would be a totally different scenario, and the story is obviously not going to be based heavily around the Siren World as that whole thing with Midna and the Twilight Realm in TP. They (Nintendo) reuse certain things (usually minor) here and there once a while, but NEVER entire plots/ plot devices.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Nah, Phi's name would not have to change at all. If she were hypothetically from the Siren World, it would be a totally different scenario, and the story is obviously not going to be based heavily around the Siren World as that whole thing with Midna and the Twilight Realm in TP. They (Nintendo) reuse certain things (usually minor) here and there once a while, but NEVER entire plots/ plot devices.
Yeah, like I said, it's just a possibilty

What I'm mostly excited about discovering just what exactly she is. Her race for example. Are there more like her? Is she from Skyloft? Or "The Land Below"? Is she part of Ghirahim's group? There are so many things to her that are just a complete mystery.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Plus, unlike our past helpers, you can't talk to Phi whenever you want to. Her icon on the bottom D-pad only appears when Link is low on health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom