• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phi, the Sword Girl

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Nothing much, but I found a short clip with her instructing Link on how to use the Beetle:

[video=youtube;Gtk33b2IgRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtk33b2IgRA&feature=player_embedded#at=21[/video]

Besides that, it looks like the Upgraded Beetle is obtained in the Sky Temple right after the mini-boss, which was the Stalfos. Link has 7 hearts, but he probably only has that many because it was a demo and Nintendo didn't want people to die so easily in the game. XD

Oh, and that place just so happened to be the spot where everyone thought Skull Kid was standing on the ledge.

Last edited:
I can see her, but it just a little. She's the Master Sword, in the end? But What will she happen to that spirit? I don't think that she's on the other Master Sword.

Beeker

Wild Card
Ah, so we see a glimpse of her in game. Good find!
It seems she pops up and disappears like Midna did, but into and out of the Skyward Sword rather than Link's shadow.

If this is the first temple, we would have met her early in the game. Makes me wonder how that will occur, though in the trailer, I think we got a peek of that. :P

Djinn

and Tonic
This was a great find, you really have to zoom in to see some of the subtle hints given away but it does confirm a few theories that have been around for a while now.

This definitely confirms her as a spirit living in the sword, when she is finished talking to you she flies up and lands on the hilt of the sword on Link's back.

I am now very interested in the goddess statue on Skyloft, as I think the two are related.

unled1xb.jpg

unled2wv.jpg

Since the Sword girl has already been mentioned by a few to very closely resemble the Queen of Fairies of WW and FSA, the statue in Skyloft eminds me of the statues seen in fairy fountains of ALTTP. The statue itself strongly resembles the queen of fairies of ALTTP and TP and to a lesser extent the great fairies of MC.
19513271.jpg

This game appears to be very heavy in the fairy imagery, and they might play a slightly higher role than item for a quick heal or NPC that increases arrow capacity.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think Link gets the girl (o_0) early on, when Zelda falls into the tornado, and Link is falling, the sword's spirit appears above as though sent by the Gods. I like how her text box is a purple cloud, and also how she flies up and goes into the sword... Now, we have to see the Master Sword!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
What I'm really wondering is why we've only seen one Goddess instead of the three Golden Goddesses that we've heard about throughout the series. And that statue in Skyloft doesn't resemble Din, Nayru, or Farore from anything we've seen so far of them. If they're the creators of Hyrule, and this is supposed to be a Zelda game that takes place before any other, shouldn't there be some sort of mention about them?

But the Triforce hasn't appeared yet either... So does that mean that the Goddesses haven't arrived to create Hyrule yet? But seeing as how there's already a land beneath the clouds... Ugh... >_<

Kirino

Tatakae
What I'm really wondering is why we've only seen one Goddess instead of the three Golden Goddesses that we've heard about throughout the series. And that statue in Skyloft doesn't resemble Din, Nayru, or Farore from anything we've seen so far of them. If they're the creators of Hyrule, and this is supposed to be a Zelda game that takes place before any other, shouldn't there be some sort of mention about them?

But the Triforce hasn't appeared yet either... So does that mean that the Goddesses haven't arrived to create Hyrule yet? But seeing as how there's already a land beneath the clouds... Ugh... >_<

Well the Triforce is on Link's shield.

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
Good find! When I first saw the new trailer, I thought she seemed kind of.. inanimate. She looked like an extremely glossy, glowing statue. I was worried she would be reduced to just a sword, and not a partner. Clearly, it seems I have been mistaken (thank god) I love how she tells you how to use an item instead of a little box. I just keep getting more and more excited to play this game everytime I see something new!

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
This is very interesting im still trying to figure out how she is going to fit into the story other then being the sword. Also is Phi her official name?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
You're right... But then... Why isn't it anywhere else? >_<

Well, the triforce may be inside of Zelda (just a guess), maybe that's what the purple fella wants her for.

So, on the topic of Phi, am I the only one who thought her dialogue seemed rather robotic? I mean, she said something like "Upgrade detected" and gave Link the instructions. It makes me curious as to what she might be like for the rest of the game.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Well, the triforce may be inside of Zelda (just a guess), maybe that's what the purple fella wants her for.

So, on the topic of Phi, am I the only one who thought her dialogue seemed rather robotic? I mean, she said something like "Upgrade detected" and gave Link the instructions. It makes me curious as to what she might be like for the rest of the game.

I definitely thought so too. It really disappointed me, actually. -_-

About the Triforce thing -- I'm wondering why the Triforce isn't scattered virtually everywhere like it usually is for Zelda games. So far, I can only remember seeing it on Link's Hylian Shield. Plus, the Goddess in Skyloft looks nothing like Din, Nayru, or Farore... And Ghirahim only mentions one "Goddess," not the "Goddesses."

It worries me. :(

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I definitely thought so too. It really disappointed me, actually. -_-

About the Triforce thing -- I'm wondering why the Triforce isn't scattered virtually everywhere like it usually is for Zelda games. So far, I can only remember seeing it on Link's Hylian Shield. Plus, the Goddess in Skyloft looks nothing like Din, Nayru, or Farore... And Ghirahim only mentions one "Goddess," not the "Goddesses."

It worries me. :(

I actually found the robotic dialogue to be rather funny (in a weird way). She could be like Midna, too. A real turn-off at first, but a full fledged character towards the ending. Let's stay carefully positive, shall we?

On the triforce, there's some conflicting events there: It's never really been cleared up if the Master Sword and the Triforce were created at the same time or if the MS was created to protect the TF. We could also see the Triforce later on. I'm not what you'd call a theorist, so I don't dare going much deeper than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom