• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phi Compared to Everyone

Best Companion

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl

• King of Red Lions

• Ezlo

• Midna

• Ciela

• Zelda

• Total voters

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, Link has had some trusty companions over the past 25 years, and some we hated, yet some we learned to love. We've known for now that Phi is the spirit of the Skyward Sword, and thus will act as Link's companion. Anyways what will you think of her? Will she be an awesome sidekick as Zelda was in ST? Or will she be a repeat of Ezlo or Navi? And who do you guys think is the best companion of Link? Mine is Zelda!

geek4887

The Unknown
I actually loved Midna. She let me cross over Hyrule in seconds instead of minutes through Epona.

I honestly don't know what I will think of Phi. I think it's far too early to judge, as we hardly know diddly-squat about Phi at this point, which I think is for good reasons (plot's sake?).

I predict I'll have the same opinion about Phi that I have about Link's other traveling helper/companions. I think they are all equally helpful, unique, and brought an aspect of personality that clashes with Link's otherwise "empty" personality (in a good way). His traveling companions over the years have served as the "comic relief" while others were sometimes "feisty and full of spunk". Surely Phi will possess a highlighted aspect to her personality as well that will be unforgettable.

Not to mention she's shaping up to be a very important character in the story. :nod: Edit: Also, I don't really have a favorite, since I like them all, but I chose Navi because she was the first one I knew, 'ya know? :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I really liked the King of Red Lions. He didn't force his help on you, and he only talks to you after and before each main Island. I hope Phi offers helpfull advice, and doesn't intrude in on the gameplay *coughNavicough*. I guess Midna is good in that sense, she actually helps out a bit, but she's likeable.

I didn't like Midna when I first started playing TP, but grew to love her by the end of the game. Hopefully we'll see her again eventually in another Zelda game (although I doubt it)

As for Phi, it's difficult to give an opinion without actually having played the game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Tatl's my favorite out of them all. Unlike Midna, her version of disrespect was just a little bit more tolerable due to her design. I don't know how to explain it.

I definitely hope Phi will be charismatic and outgoing and I would love for her to provide actually hints to defeating enemies rather than just be a story guide, that wouldn't be too fun in my opinion.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
For some reason I'm getting a very Navi, or even more of a King of Red Lions vibe from her.

We've had enough witty and silly sidekicks in the series as of late; I would love to see her take on more of a mentor role. I think as usual we will see Link starting his quest for very personal reasons, while Phi understands what is at stake if Link doesn't fulfill his destiny from the get-go, though allows him to grow into his role before revealing everything to him.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
From what we seen of Phi, she reminds me of Midna and Zelda (Midna and Zelda hides in your shadow while Phi is in your sword) but she also reminds me of Navi because in the E3 2011 demo if someone had 3 hearts or less here icon glows (and your sword) and if you talk to her she tells you to heal which resembles some things Navi said, but it is to soon to say.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Ezlo! I love the little guy, and before meeting him in Minish Cap, Link just didn't feel complete... Ezlo fixed that. He was a very humorous companion and I loved his design. It's a shame we won't meet him again. :(

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think her best comparison would be Midna. Midna wasn't just any sidekick; she actually was the major chuck of the plot. And since we have been told that Phi is the (or the spirit of the) Skyward Sword, it seems like she has plot relevance also. This is why I chose Midna.

A

Andyjoe

I'd have to go with Ezlo. He really grew on me over the course of Minish Cap.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm gonna say Tatl. I liked her in Majora's Mask. I don't know why... maybe it was just because she was like Navi, but she had more of a personality and she was less annoying.

As for Phi... she talks like a robot. I can't imagine her having any kind of personality at this point, though I hope she does have one.

geek4887

The Unknown
Wow, I'm the only who fended for Zelda. Oh well, it's just my opinion. Thanks for voting guys! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom