• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Hourglass Figure Giveaway - Favorite Zelda Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My faves have to be the stalfos. i love the battles you have with them in ocarina and i always switch to the master sword rather than the biggoron for a longer fight. i also love what they did with the stalfos in skyward sword because it makes the battles more strategic and awesome.

C

crobe11

Ganondorf human form because it's just great having a one on one sword fight with the most evil man ever

Tictalk

Anouki
Thats quite a tuff choice but I'm quite fond of the Stalchildren from OoT. when i first saw one come out of the ground I was like, "whoa!...thats really cool looking" so i killed it and then they kept coming up and i was like "DIE!" then they got really really big and then i ran in to the ranch to save myself. haha.

W

weavile14

Iron Knuckles are my favorite cause they take a lot of strategy and skill and patience to defeat.

L

Link101

Actually, bombs do nothing to Beamos in Skyward Sword, the only way to defeat them is to horizontally slice their body and then stab it's eye.

Majora's Cat

How about that
My favorite enemy, believe it or not, is the Like Like. Like Likes are strange worm-like creatures that have no head, eyes, mouth, arms or legs. No, the Like Like is a simple life form that doesn't seem much more advanced than bacteria, and is much more dangerous than normal enemies. However, this enemy has quite the appetite for items dear to Link. Where the Like Like differentiates itself from other Zelda enemies is that it doesn't care about doing damage to Link. It instead seals a much more vicious blow to the player by taking away Link's shield, meaning that Link must march to the nearest shop and fork over rupees for an item that he had owned previously.

Perhaps what is most interesting about the Like Like is its ability to look completely harmless yet be one of the most feared creatures of Zelda lore. When I first encountered Like Likes in Ocarina of Time, I thought they were mere platforms for Link to jump on or peculiar-looking pillars. Upon a closer look, these indescribable cylindrical monsters flailed around and tried engulfing Link. This enemy has appeared in several different Zelda games, but has retained the same overall appearance over the last 25 years.

There is a great flexibility in the Like Like's abilities, varying from game to game. In the instance of The Legend of Zelda, if Link does not react fast enough to defeat this foe after being swallowed, it will eat his shield. Likewise in A Link to the Past, Link must be swift enough to conquer the Like Like before his shield goes down the drain, but it does not have the ability to consume the Mirror Shield. Special shields and items that can only be acquired once in the entirety of a Zelda game are excluded from a Like Like's diet because they will never be able to be obtained again. This is the case with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening.

Regaining your shield is a simple matter, while losing the Mirror Shield could have the effect of halting a player's progress in a game. Nintendo knew where to draw the line, which is a damn good thing. To add to the frustration of the possibility of losing your shield, Like Likes also have the ability to devour tunics. Tunics are very costly items and will probably set Link back a few hundreds rupees if eaten. And to top it off, Like Likes in Majora's Mask are attracted to Link when he wears the Stone Mask, which is odd since the Stone Mask's purpose is to make Link unnoticeable.

Most Zelda enemies are not as creative, intelligently designed and intuitive as Like Likes. Simplicity is bliss, and these ingenuous-looking creatures will surely make gamers' heads turn as they see their precious shields and tunics being gobbled up. Taking on a Like Like is always a wager, and that's not something that we often see in Zelda games. Add to that the fact that these enemies are quite rare and not always easy to find, and Like Likes really become something else. Whether or not other people see these creatures the way I do, I believe that they are icons of the franchise.

Last edited:
My favorite enemy would have to be chu-chu's. I think they are really funny, and I find it interesting that you can save their jelly into jars and consume it..

i like tingle mainly from " The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure " because he made it a challenge to get all of the force gems in time . . . just thinking out side of the box :)

but the Cuccos are fun too
:cucco:

Rishian

The Meat Shield
My favorite enemy was the deku sprouts from OoT. I loved the way that they sprung up and just attacked from nowhere. Also, the idea that your most powerful weapon can actually be your shield was a fantastic game mechanic. Not to mention defeating them in the correct order in order to get through the one door inside Lord Jabu Jabu was pure genious!

T

thehamboy3

My favorite enemy is puppet ganon because it really was the only difficult boss in wind waker, at least for me

zellinkda

one of many
My favorite enemy is the Miniblin from Wind Waker (they're in Phantom Hourglass too but i like them better in Wind Waker) I like them because they sound really really annoying and funny. Miniblins are also awesome because they are adorable! the way they grin and hunch over like the Bokoboblins do, and the adorable pitchforks they carry. also for me they are a pleasure to fight. They really aren't any harm to me, and I think the reason that not everyone likes them is because they keep coming and coming. But since I like fighting them, i could stand in the forsaken fortress (or on outset whatever you prefer) all day! I think that the most fun way to take these guys out, is to wait for a bunch to get around you, and then, set off the hurricane spin!
I did mention that the miniblins are also in Phantom hourglass, and although i like them better in wind waker, that doesn't change the fact that they are still awesome! I thought of them as allies for a little bit even though you're supposed to fight them, since they sometimes follow you around like an ally would. In conclusion, my favorite zelda enemy ever, is and always will be, the fabulous miniblin!

Last edited:
The Zora's from ALTTP when you are going to get the flippers. The only reason I like these guys so much is because, if you hit them when they are in the air, the go flying halfway across the screen. I've always enjoyed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom