• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Hourglass: Did You Like It?

I like all the zelda games :) This one wasn't my favourite but wasn't my worst, I did however prefer spirit tracks to this on :)

PH was okay. I didn't like how you just played with the touchscreen.
The main story was a bit short, but it's a DS game, so that was to be expected.
The side quests were a bit too 'at the side', I just didn't feel motivated to them because it didn't feel like they were useful.
And it did seem like a game for children, overall. It was so extremly easy...

Of course there are things I like about the game, but I would never say it's a great game or one of my favourite Zelda games.
That's just my opinion, however :)

I loved Phantom Hourglass.

Awesome things: Sand Wand; The Ocean Temple (each time going through it there is a faster way); Ship Parts; Making notes with the stylus

Something I wish they changed: Better rewards from ship parts other than your ship's health

I actually enjoyed Phantom Hourglass a lot. I think they did an amazing job with the stylus, creating new ways to interact with the environment and use items. I really liked the dungeons and thought were very good and the bosses were particular amazing. I was impressed on how creative they actually were.

However, I have to point that the Temple of the Ocean King could be significantly better. Repeating the levels over and over again got to tedious at times. Besides that, PH actually did some very creative an unique things with the DS that were not possible in other console. I liked the overall experience despite some things could have been improven. I just wish some fans were a little more open, because it is really a good game and has some pretty awesome design.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
It was good but it wasn't very memorable like most Zelda games. I played it a few years ago but I can barely remember the story or anything. I guess that just means I'll have to play it again but it's cool when a game is so awesome you never forget it.

it was great, but I didn't like the anoukis, they disturbed me. the whole time I was there, I thought they were all going to turn around and kill me

MW7

It wasn't the best, but I did enjoy it a lot. My favorite part of the game was how there was a logic puzzle for the pre-dungeon quest for the Temple of Ice. I'd love it if more real puzzles made it into Zelda games. I also appreciated the amount of exploration in the game although the sectioning of the overworld is something I think is totally awful because it just constrains you.

I didn't like having to control everything with the stylus either, but I loved how the items utilized this mechanic.

I never had a games console when I was a kid and I only got into gaming when I was about 17. As a result, Phantom Hourglass was my first ever Zelda game.

And it got me hooked!!

I have since bought all the Zelda games and have played nearly all of them. Perhaps as it was my first Zelda game, I was able to enjoy PH in a fresh, unbiased way, with no preconceptions or expectations, as I absolutely loved it. Even now after playing tonnes more Zelda I think PH is a genuinely awesome, fun and innovative game.

Plus, it will always hold a special place in my heart for being my first Zelda :)

Night Owl

~Momentai
Personally, I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass. I found the use of the touchscreen a nice change from the traditional control scheme.
I found the Temple of the Ocean King to be challenging and a little repetitive. I actually Like it better than Spirit Tracks.

Now if only I knew where my copy of PH is...

T

thepeckingbird

As a Zelda game it was... Meh. However as a DS game it was pretty good.
Unfortunately it'll always be a game I'll talk down upon, purely for it's ocean-king-temple-ness. Which is a shame really because it's a good game, definitely worth the buy. Especially considering the quality of some of the other DS games that came out. *COUGH COUGH* Scooby doo *COUGH COUGH*

gabezawakening

Cave Story pro
I loved it! It was a tremendously amazing game for a D.S. and even though people will sometimes dislike it, I personally liked it! It was the best Zelda game for the D.S. and I am sticking to that!

Overall, I agree it was AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom