• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Ganon

Linky

King of Twilight
Anyone feel like Phantom Ganon came out too early in the Temples? Because I think it should have been something that was more orriented with the Temple itself like some sort of Poe or any other stronger version of an enemy in the temple. I think that Phantom Ganon should have been a Boss in the shadow or Spirit temple preparing you for the battle with Ganondorf which is similar to the fight.

What do you think about this?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
On the one hand, when I first fought him I did feel as though they introduced a Ganon drone too quickly, like maybe it should have been in the water or shadow temple. But when I think about it more, it seems to me that they wanted you to think that you had to fight Ganondorf really early in the game but then they decieve you. Also because Ganondorf talks after this battle, it was a good way to put show him Early on in the aduklt part of the game so he and Link could encounter, though not fully.

Austin

Austin
What Random Person said. Also, if you think about it, Phantom Ganon was more or less a "ghost" of Ganon, keeping with the Poe theme.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Phantom Ganon shouldn't prepare you for the Ganandorf actual fight.

He prepared you for all the rest of the adult fights.

Soooooo.....

What Random Person said. Also, if you think about it, Phantom Ganon was more or less a "ghost" of Ganon, keeping with the Poe theme.
Exactly. The Forest Temple was ghostly, so Phantom Ganon went along well with that theme. It was also probably intended as an epic opener for the Adult Link half of the game.

Anyway, I think his placement was fine. He fit more into the Forest Temple than he would have in any of the other temples actually, if you ask me. Besides, the Forest Temple was heavily tied in with the early portions of story in the Adult Link half of the game, so fighting a direct agent of Ganondorf was the most appropriate there. The only other place it could have worked was the Spirit Temple, but seriously, he didn't fit the feel of that temple.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Phantom Ganon was basically there as a message to the player. At this point of the game, you think that there isn't anything that can beat Ganondorf at the moment because you saw him just wipe the floor with you a few seven years back. This is a sign of growth here to show you that you can defeat Ganondorf, or at least that you have a chance. It's a little psychology thing for both the game and the player. It was also there to basically tell other players to not get cocky, since the real Ganondorf fight would be harder. *coughnotcough*

M

MasterXXXLink

I agree and disagree......I agree because It didnt really match the temple and it would be cool for him to be in the spirit temple. I disagree cause it is awsome how when you go to the future and your older you fight Phantom Ganon and It puts you to the test of your older self moves

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I think that Phantom Ganon is a lot harder to beat with the Master Sword than the bottle. For some reason, the Master Sword always seems to hit the ball of light to one side, while a bottle will usually return it straight.

I think he'd need to be a harder boss in order to go in one of those temples... but I can see why you think the ghost ideas were more appropriate to those areas. The one thing that makes me think he does belong in the Forest Temple, though, is that he comes out of those weird paintings. The whole Forest Temple has this odd "artsy haunted castle" feel to it, and so does the Phantom Ganon fight.

He might have fit in another temple if they changed the theme, though... hmm.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan

I thought having a phantom for the boss of the Forest Temple went well with theme of finding the four Poes. Personally, I didn't like the fact that you had to fight a simulation of Ganondorf. I tal most felt like I was replaying the battle at the end. However, by adding Ganon at the end they righted this wrong.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
i think phantom ganon would fit in with bothe the spirit and forest temple. spirit because the obvious he's a spirit from another dimension and we dont see spirits in spitiet temple except for white bubles (do they count) and twinrova's death scene. he fits in with forest temple because it ghosty and its more of a find the painting and destroy level ^_^. what u thuink should been done was you could fight Phantom Ganon in both temples but only on horsback in forest temple and they should had a battle with him floating like in forest temple. then twinrova could have been put in as a mini boss for ganon's tower (she didn't feel like a real boss to me Phantom ganon was harder)

K

Kali075

I agree with what's been said

It reminds you that Ganondorf still exists, as we have yet to see or hear from him in the adult part of the game before this point.
And he is, in a way, a ghost, being a phantom. And I think one is sick of fighting Poes by the end of the Forest Temple. 3/4 of them are exactly the same format.

A random side note, I always find it very funny that Phantom Ganon is on his horse. When we first see him (before removing his mask) and we're supposed to believe for a moment that it's the REAL Ganondorf. And yet for some reason he's riding his horse in the middle of this platform? How the hell did he get it down the elevator?

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Does anyone here feel slightly sorry for the Phantom Ganondorf? he was banished for not beating Link to the gap between dimensions (Suggesting that Ganondorf has the power to traverse dimensions!!!) only because he couldnt acomplish his task of beating Link who was destined to beat the real Ganondorf and could therefore not die until then. I mean I reckon the phantom Ganon could have become a valuble member to beating Ganondorf if given the chance!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I dunno, I mean, his introduction into the game wasn't too early, but his disappearance was. Phantom Ganon was pretty unique, and when I first saw him, I was under the impression that he'd be lurking behind the scenes throughout Link's quest.... only he was banished after his defeat. He was pretty cool, and I think that he could have been put to more use in the story.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
It would have been cool to battle Phantom Ganon multiple times, like in The Wind Waker. If I'm not mistaken, there are multiple Phantoms in TWW, so there could have been more of them in OoT. Maybe Ganondorf didn't have the power to create more than one at the time though. (Who am I kidding... Triforce of Power, anyone?) The ones in TWW were very bland, personality wise. Mindless brutes, which I guess is a good thing from Ganondorf's standpoint.
I don't know, I'm just saying that fighting him multiple times in OoT would have been cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom