• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Petition to Remove Stupid Emotes

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
This is a serious forum? It's a place to have fun and talk video games. I love the emotes, they are hilarious and great. I am amazed what people choose to get upset about sometimes. Like someone said, they are just emotes.

Exactly. They don't deserve to be removed. I mean I'm pretty sure :fact: is my favorite emote ever. But as I said, in the chat box... they might be a tad too big.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's always funny how people demand things when there is nothing to demand but to suggest. And this is not a political place. The forums are for fun and to have a good time and not to be extremely serious like we are in lawschool or whatever. I agree we should resize the emotes. We had worse emotes before.

I think we should at least shrink them. They are really creepy and weird. I want some of our old emotes back, like the hug and the party one. The puking one is so freaky.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I honestly don't see much of a problem with them. They are silly looking emotes. They look dumb, sure, but that's because they're supposed to be. If this was truly a serious forum then let's ban all emotes. Although, they really should be resized. They cover up a large part of the shoutbox and in threads cause the lines to jump down a bit. Both of which are annoying.

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
Though they bother me, I don't see the purpose of complete removal.

I agree that they should either be removed or downsized. Whenever I'm trying to hold a conversation in the chatbox and one of those monstrosities bumps my message halfway down, they become nothing more than an annoyance.

I agree with this. So maybe if they weren't allowed in the shoutbox. They don't cause any problems elsewhere I don't think. If not, cutting out may be better than re-sizing because the larger emotes might not be recognizable after re-sizing.

Djinn

and Tonic
When I think of the vast amount of complaints that were made of the Dr Who emotes and the other non Zelda ones for not being Zelda relates emotes little over a year and a half ago. I am not at all surprised to see more complaints of these.

However the extra large size does make them a bit more obnoxious than usual.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
When I think of the vast amount of complaints that were made of the Dr Who emotes and the other non Zelda ones for not being Zelda relates emotes little over a year and a half ago. I am not at all surprised to see more complaints of these.

However the extra large size does make them a bit more obnoxious than usual.

I don't mind having things not being Zelda related. I mean, look at my signature and stuff, or the
4fDwvTd.png
face. I'm just annoyed because of how big they are, and the fact that those exist and yet we can't post images in the shoutbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom