• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Petition to Remove Stupid Emotes

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I did not know about the blocking smilies option under Preferences
ASv0hbs.gif
I just heard about using adblock. Well, I'm fine with keeping those emotes, then. I like how the ZD option keeps the code for the smiley so you know what that person is posting. My first thought was downsizing the smilies but I understand how some may not be as funny or appealing if you downsize them. Like this for example:
:zeldatheory:
I think the blocking feature is reasonable for people who don't want to bother with these smilies. But I think the smilies should still be cleaned up a bit. Not like, all the silly ones removed. But the redundant ones which are similar. Like these for example:
:eek: :goodness:
:cool: :coolsar:
:bestcoolsar: :bestestcool:
:krool::kcool::kcoolsar:
:megabruhaha::megabruhahasar:
And the list goes on. But I think one of each type of emote should remain. At this rate, hundreds of joke emotes would accumulate, and everyone would get annoyed and they would be wiped out altogether. So I suggest just moderate them.

I just noticed how the normal emotes were separated from the silly ones. Don't know when that happened, but I think that was a good step to take
E0AQhwJ.gif

Also, I very much suggest and request and :kawaii: that the old emotes come back
mND9jCa.png

Oh, and also, I think these smilies
umuunuuvuuwu
And their counterparts should be given a ":" at the beginning and end of the code. So uwu is :uwu:.
I just suggested separating the emotes to Kitsu so we could create a "category block" feature. Didn't know he did this so quickly. Thanks, kit.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
That's exactly why I made this thread after the block function was first introduced. I knew some people might find individually blocking each emote to be quite a pain, so I did the work for you, and I try to update it whenever new smilies are added. I have the whole code in there to simply copy/paste so you don't have to worry about adding them yourselves. Any that you don't want blocked can simply be removed from the code.

Yes I know about that thread and I appreciate what you've done. However, regardless of what you put there, it's still a nuisance to block an emote every single time one is added. It's because they're all made at wildly fluctuating times; it's not like they're posted all at once so I can set and forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom